Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Blackpool - Gold Coast, Tickets Booked!!!

Blackpool - Gold Coast, Tickets Booked!!!

Old Jun 13th 2010, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Egans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blackpool - Gold Coast, Tickets Booked!!!

Well we’ve only gone and done it!! Ye ha. Tickets booked today, leaving Sunny Blackpool on 30 September. PR Visas in place (after 2 1/2 years hard slog) and validated in March this year when we did a recci. On the recci we stopped on the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and travelled up to Gladstone, had a decent look around and decided The Gold Coast suited us as a starting point for our new life Down Under. We liked the Sunshine Coast as well and also Redcliffe but decided on the Gold Coast. Gladstone was visited for my work (Mechanical Technician on large factories ICI) but after an 11 hr drive decided this was not for us within 2 hrs, just didn’t feel right. Gold Coast we felt 'we could make a new life here' so here we come. OH (Anne) is a Mental Health Nurse (registered with QNC after the nightmare of IELTS) so Gold Coast Hospital & Robina Hospital are handy for that, I myself will have to work on something smaller than I’m used to but we are both grafters and job searching like mad at the moment, any help will be much appreciated. We will be looking for initial rental on Pacific Pines and see what happens to the housing markets over the next few months, and the exchange rate. The 2 boys Jamie 11 years old and Bradley 3 Years old are really looking forward to it especially Jamie I dont think Bradley gets it all. Feel good now we have booked flights, I must admit we were apprehensive even after the long process we have been through getting everything in place, still loads to sort out but now we have a deadline and can’t wait until the taxi picks us up.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of
Default Re: Blackpool - Gold Coast, Tickets Booked!!!

Originally Posted by Egans
Well we’ve only gone and done it!! Ye ha. Tickets booked today, leaving Sunny Blackpool on 30 September. PR Visas in place (after 2 1/2 years hard slog) and validated in March this year when we did a recci. On the recci we stopped on the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and travelled up to Gladstone, had a decent look around and decided The Gold Coast suited us as a starting point for our new life Down Under. We liked the Sunshine Coast as well and also Redcliffe but decided on the Gold Coast. Gladstone was visited for my work (Mechanical Technician on large factories ICI) but after an 11 hr drive decided this was not for us within 2 hrs, just didn’t feel right. Gold Coast we felt 'we could make a new life here' so here we come. OH (Anne) is a Mental Health Nurse (registered with QNC after the nightmare of IELTS) so Gold Coast Hospital & Robina Hospital are handy for that, I myself will have to work on something smaller than I’m used to but we are both grafters and job searching like mad at the moment, any help will be much appreciated. We will be looking for initial rental on Pacific Pines and see what happens to the housing markets over the next few months, and the exchange rate. The 2 boys Jamie 11 years old and Bradley 3 Years old are really looking forward to it especially Jamie I dont think Bradley gets it all. Feel good now we have booked flights, I must admit we were apprehensive even after the long process we have been through getting everything in place, still loads to sort out but now we have a deadline and can’t wait until the taxi picks us up.
Good luck guys! It's a really exciting time, Gold Coast is a great choice!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you lots of luck with your move
Old Jun 14th 2010, 2:34 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

You've pick the right place (IMO)
Good luck & Safe journey
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:19 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egans
safe journery and good luck guys