Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Old Dec 17th 2006, 4:06 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of
Default Re: Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Originally Posted by seang
you left out :
And they'd get a council flat !!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!
I tend to avoid serious issues such as this -cos last time I mentioned just a tiny, tiny bit about asylum seekers....I was accused of being a Daily Mail reader!
However, if the brits check out what is happening in London and elsewhere...the A. S. get in and they do get special treatment ( dont argue until you can explain why the UK still as UK born people sleeping in boxes in shop doorways)and A.S. get housing preference and national heath treatment where needed i.e. AIDS and TB.
(Did you know that if you have been out of the UK for more than 18 months..you dont quailfy for the National Health or benefits..cos in your absence.you did not pay any N. I contribution, ask the white farmers that Mugabe kicked out!)

Although maybe we should be wary about other people and imigration isssues, for dont we all want to be immigrants into Australia where we will be subjected to being slagged of as an unwashed blody pom! next thing you will ear is Sydneys workers moaing about job losses to immigrants and wanting the 70 person per day (yearly average - thats a Sydeny fact) who settle in t he city...to be banned.

I live just outside Manchester in Tameside - which currently is turning into Little Poland and there is a growing element of Africans. A note on the Poles for any anglers who go carp fishing. You put the fish back... the poles eat them and lakes are now beiong garded to stop poaching.

Now forgetting all else- explain to me how Africa can dump over 5 million refugee's on the "Western world" without causing problems all around?
Oz may seem to be doing its bit..but I will gamble that what tamworth is saying now..will be seen more and more
Old Dec 17th 2006, 5:58 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
I live just outside Manchester in Tameside - which currently is turning into Little Poland and there is a growing element of Africans. A note on the Poles for any anglers who go carp fishing. You put the fish back... the poles eat them and lakes are now beiong garded to stop poaching.
You think Tameside is Little Poland? Try West Ealing and Hanwell in West London .Result >No more carp in Gunnersbury Lake and small independant building firms going under daily.
The Daily Mail reader slur is a tad outdated.Even the Guardian reading chattering classes dont just discuss the weather and theatre any more.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.
You think Tameside is Little Poland? Try West Ealing and Hanwell in West London .Result >No more carp in Gunnersbury Lake and small independant building firms going under daily.
The Daily Mail reader slur is a tad outdated.Even the Guardian reading chattering classes dont just discuss the weather and theatre any more.
Which would seem to confirm what I wrote....

Going back to Tamworth, the complaint seems to be that existing immigrants from the Sudan have developed an history of criminality.
I would suggest that they are/were simply conducting themselves as they did in the Sudan! Therefore its not unreasonable to not want to add to the problem.
After all its a lawless place where killing, rape etc, are a daily occurance ( according to the TV News anyway)

I would suggest that the Asylum Seekers are advised at the start...break the law and you go back to Africa. Oz is well known for its strict immigration policy..and this forum knows how bloody difficult it can be, so it would not be hard to impliment.

I am just a bit p****d off that it will cost me and wife over A$85000 and a long wait to get our visa's - this while I hear that Oz wil take 10.000 African asylum seekers per year!
Half inclined to take out Sudanese residency and ask for asylum....now there's a thought.

Last edited by Vinny van Gogh; Dec 17th 2006 at 7:49 am.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

I am just a bit p****d off that it will cost me and wife over A$85000 and a long wait to get our visa's - this while I hear that Oz wil take 10.000 African asylum seekers per year!
Australia needs the money from your sort to pay out for all the African asylum seekers!
Old Dec 17th 2006, 9:33 am
Just Joined

valeriy_troshin is an unknown quantity at this point

Great town, great people, great decision. What can I say?
Actually we know what under Safe heaven agreement these Africans must get refugee status in those countries where they reach firstly, not in Australia.
Why they go to Australia if more easy to them settle in Kenia, Tanzania or even in South Africa?
Answer is simple. They do not escape from "war".
They want to reach exactly Australia or Canada, USA etc.
I think for all us, for future generations would be much better if these people settle in African countries.
If we will try to see on this conflict in Sudan more deeply, what can we see?
What the reason of conflict in Darfur?
Yes, Muslims attack on Christians.
But tell me than where from we can find in Australia people who want to get marry more than on one woman, or why these refugee woman wearing hijabs from Sudan?
Even if I mistake, I want one more time to say.
Cultural problem is real problem.
And will be better for all that refugees settle in those regions where they from.
I think if you escape from war you wont be too much selective in which country to live.

Last edited by valeriy_troshin; Dec 17th 2006 at 9:36 am.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 9:48 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

The asylum seeker problem is a different issue as far as I'm concerned.Australia has to be seen to be doing its bit so they will always take in people from countrys in strife like Sudan is at the moment.But even saying that they are far more tougher than the Uk is on these matters.You get people fromthe Middle East ,Africa ,Balkans etc travelling through safe countrys in Europe where by rights they should claim asylum straight away.But no they plough on through Germany then France and set up camp on the English channel waiting for the 1st chance to get over to El Dorado.
The open door policy for any country in Europe is something which needs looking at .Romania and Bulgaria next year ..Tell you what your windscreen will never be dirty in London .But watch your back (and the screen) when you are using a cash machine at your local bank..
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

The reason Tamworth cropped up is australia takes a lot of immigrants including refugees. Its opted on a sensible policy of trying to integrate them everywhere not just in a few areas. Of course it has not got control over all types of immigrant, many races oversubscribe certain areas and send schools etc into chaos.

Tamworths not being asked to do anymore than any other town, city etc in australia is likely to be asked to do - take some refugees. Any area could be asked, any area can be selected to do its bit. People complain UK's got "little poland" etc, well here the govs taking refugees and placing them all over, but people are complaing about that too.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.
The asylum seeker problem is a different issue as far as I'm concerned.Australia has to be seen to be doing its bit so they will always take in people from countrys in strife like Sudan is at the moment.But even saying that they are far more tougher than the Uk is on these matters.You get people fromthe Middle East ,Africa ,Balkans etc travelling through safe countrys in Europe where by rights they should claim asylum straight away.But no they plough on through Germany then France and set up camp on the English channel waiting for the 1st chance to get over to El Dorado.
The open door policy for any country in Europe is something which needs looking at .Romania and Bulgaria next year ..Tell you what your windscreen will never be dirty in London .But watch your back (and the screen) when you are using a cash machine at your local bank..

What concerns me is this "we have to do our bit" mentality.

WHY do we have to do our bit ?? If it's detrimental to the nation as a whole we shouldn't "do our bit". Where does it all end ? What if there were 500 million people claiming refugee/asylum status in the world ? Would we have to "take our share" and admit, say 25 million ?

I DO think we should provide as much help as we reasonably can, though.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 6:04 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Migrants from the Sudan and Somalia have been flooding into to Perth as well. Crime rates within areas such as Tuart Hill have escalated, and there have been numerous gang clashes with Aboriginies.

Perhaps one day civilised, western cultures will no longer have to endure this misery.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
Migrants from the Sudan and Somalia have been flooding into to Perth as well. Crime rates within areas such as Tuart Hill have escalated, and there have been numerous gang clashes with Aboriginies.

Perhaps one day civilised, western cultures will no longer have to endure this misery.

Accepting immigrants from civilised western cultures does not guarantee they wont commit crimes, australia accepts immigrants from UK, what was last weeks post on perth, teen stabbed by Pommie Gang. Tamworth mob find that out they probably wont want Poms either.

Last edited by jad n rich; Dec 17th 2006 at 7:54 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Which would seem to confirm what I wrote....

Half inclined to take out Sudanese residency and ask for asylum....now there's a thought.
Presumably the Aussies believe the need to have you there is less important than saving Sudanese refugees from their plight.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 8:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
Presumably the Aussies believe the need to have you there is less important than saving Sudanese refugees from their plight.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Australia needs the money from your sort to pay out for all the African asylum seekers!
We dont mind paying...it the bloody long waiting periods they enforce. You would think that if we are paying all that and have a sponsor to cover all the other stuff.... they would let us in ASAP pronto...and if we boomerang back to the UK having made a mistake - they - get to keep a lot of cash for nowt!
Old Dec 17th 2006, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
Plight eh, ...now there's a thought. I recall that I once uttered these words -"...and thereto I plight my troth" - long ago when the memsab was fit enough to chase elephants off the verandah.
Wonder if - they - will give me asylum for that!
Old Dec 17th 2006, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We dont mind paying...it the bloody long waiting periods they enforce. You would think that if we are paying all that and have a sponsor to cover all the other stuff.... they would let us in ASAP pronto...
What most immigrants to OZ are in within the year, what do those going to canada reckon 5 years.

So how many years do refugees spend in some hell hole camp before aus rescues them anyway, bet its more than 12 months.

Never mind you'll understand more about it when you live here, chat to your neighbours they might be refugees

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.