Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Old Dec 16th 2006, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Originally Posted by sloake
whats wrong with that?
Wasnt saying there was anything wrong with it, quite the opposite. The point was do the daily mail readers realise that. Refugees (sudanese being the biggest group) are just as welcome through australian immigration as people from the UK are.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be more interested in what the Sudanese think about this. Do they care? Are they grateful for a home? Do they feel marginalised or used as political genia pigs?

I checked out sudanexpats.com but all I could find was a discussion on aboveground pools vs inground ones, and a thread called 'how far do you have to walk for water", and "Can I bring my camel?"

There was even a section called 'moving back to the Sudan' where some radicals were missing a good old 'fire-fight' with their neighbours and desert sandstorms, and the rich tapestry of dried-up river wadis. "V8s are so ungodly" one man cries. 'You need a license to marry more than one woman'
Old Dec 16th 2006, 11:14 am
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

As I said before GEDGE wrongly deleted my post based on me being 'racist' or something (yet slanting Islam isnt racist as Islam isnt a race!), that I think they have done they right thing not to allow more 'refugees' from an islamic country into Australia.

Now I wonder if some rule will be made up to try and ban me now? Hmmmm.

Freedom of speech?
Old Dec 16th 2006, 11:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rug13y
As I said before GEDGE wrongly deleted my post based on me being 'racist' or something (yet slanting Islam isnt racist as Islam isnt a race!), that I think they have done they right thing not to allow more 'refugees' from an islamic country into Australia.

Freedom of speech?
If you have a problem with the action of a moderator, please discuss it by pm with Admin, not on the forum.Your previous post was considered racist and Gedge was right to delete it.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 11:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I'd be more interested in what the Sudanese think about this. Do they care? Are they grateful for a home? Do they feel marginalised or used as political genia pigs?

I checked out sudanexpats.com but all I could find was a discussion on aboveground pools vs inground ones, and a thread called 'how far do you have to walk for water", and "Can I bring my camel?"

There was even a section called 'moving back to the Sudan' where some radicals were missing a good old 'fire-fight' with their neighbours and desert sandstorms, and the rich tapestry of dried-up river wadis. "V8s are so ungodly" one man cries. 'You need a license to marry more than one woman'
Oh come on, you're making that up! There must have been a thread on the price of lettuce.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
I bet he won't be voted in as a councillor next time around.
Don't be so sure. Principled local politicians aren't always canned. Having said that it is very stressful to know that you are up against a very vocal minority.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 1:11 pm
careful what you wish 4

dougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud of

so as a `Daily mail` reader which would appear to be a generic term of abuse here,

here is a paradox for those of you good people who don`t

whorship at the church of St. Peter of Hitchens

` where in Queensland do the Sudanese take their eight year old daughters to be circumsized ?`

answer me that and stay fashionable....
Old Dec 16th 2006, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
As far as I understand it, deep country people who have possibly mated with other family members they possibly shouldn't have and are perhaps a little imbred
Thats not redneck thats LINCOLNSHIRE
Old Dec 16th 2006, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Originally Posted by sloake
Sorry, but does everyone at BE read and believe the Daily Mail or something?

A few refugees (not even immigrants) escaping a civil war, in their country, (something that the west is doing its best to ignore), want to live in some hicksville redneck village, and here we are discussing how all Sudanese people are criminals, rapists etc... just because a couple of them have been arrested.

Its a bit like saying all english people are football hooligans,

Can I remind you guys, we are all immigrants.. we are not locals.. however just because we are white, a lot of people seem to forget that.

honestly.. I have never been so embarrassed and angry for the population of BE !!!!

(rant over.. deep breath...pour beer..)
Your not going to believe this but I agree with some of the points you are making.
I dont care about the colour of peoples skin but I do worry about muslims because in deepest darkest Cambs and Lincs ( Im on the border ) we have more than our fair share and the longer they are here the more radical their ideals become. you would have thought that some having escaped tyrany would be happy to leave the radicals behind instead they just try and introduce it here. I reccon religion should be banned it has caused more wars than anything else, so I let them in providing they dont want to set up mosques and dont try to integrate.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 3:09 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune
so I let them in providing they dont want to set up mosques
There are already plenty of mosques in Australia

G
Old Dec 16th 2006, 6:50 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Your statement shows that you clearly do not understand their culture. You are talking about western educated people. Sudanese culture is very different. People have no option and get forced into doing things that they would not wish to do.

If these are educated people then give them a residence visa with the proviso that if they break the law in any way they serve what ever sentence is handed down and are immediately deported afterwards. Same as happens in certain middle eastern countries.
Nothing like a bit of generalisation first thing in the morning...
Old Dec 16th 2006, 7:03 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Rug13y

Freedom of speech?
I've replied to your PM. Please read the forum rules regarding objectionable posts and also regarding complaints.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

So, do they have Brownies in Perth ?

( Or was that a previous thread ??? )
Old Dec 16th 2006, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dougggy

` where in Queensland do the Sudanese take their eight year old daughters to be circumsized ?`

Not sure about being fashionable but I am sure they can always find someone from back home with a rusty razor blade to do the job.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dougggy
land do the Sudanese take their eight year old daughters to be circumsized ?
I did consider that in my satire but decided it was too topical.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.