Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Old Dec 15th 2006, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Originally Posted by CHnJ
I heard one councillor on the radio saying his motion to bring them in was defeated, but at least he could sleep in his bed knowing he'd tried to do the right thing. Good on 'im!

I bet he won't be voted in as a councillor next time around.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 11:34 pm
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sally
I am unclear what you are advocating. One culture only allowed? One skin colour only? what do you want?
No multi culturism is a fine idea.But it only works if the migrants embrace the new country's ideals and way of life.Its a known fact that it has failed in the U/K.You have ghetto's in London,Bradford,Leeds etc,.Schools where English is a 2nd language and Christianity is frowned upon,Christmas banned.
Multi culturism should be a case of cultures mixing under one common ideal..not the forming of communitys set apart from each other ,distrusting and hating each other.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloake
do you poms think you are different immigrants to the Sudanese?
I would say we come from a very different country, environment and culture. That doesn't say that one is any better than the other - but very different without a doubt.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
And 2 sudanese, taxi drivers have already been charged with attempted Rape in Adelaide ................... mm
Adelaide taxi rape crisis came up when I searched on that . Nothing on the Sudanese, but one taxi driver charged with rape and seven charged with sexual assaults in 2 months. Thanks for the warning, wont be catching a taxi in adelaide then.

The alleged sudanese incident, were the men charged ? it would be interesting to know if this occured, how its being dealt with.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 2:29 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
I am unclear what you are advocating. One culture only allowed? One skin colour only? what do you want?
Sorry, but does everyone at BE read and believe the Daily Mail or something?

A few refugees (not even immigrants) escaping a civil war, in their country, (something that the west is doing its best to ignore), want to live in some hicksville redneck village, and here we are discussing how all Sudanese people are criminals, rapists etc... just because a couple of them have been arrested.

Its a bit like saying all english people are football hooligans,

Can I remind you guys, we are all immigrants.. we are not locals.. however just because we are white, a lot of people seem to forget that.

honestly.. I have never been so embarrassed and angry for the population of BE !!!!

(rant over.. deep breath...pour beer..)
Old Dec 16th 2006, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloake
Sorry, but does everyone at BE read and believe the Daily Mail or something?

A few refugees (not even immigrants) escaping a civil war, in their country, (something that the west is doing its best to ignore), want to live in some hicksville redneck village, and here we are discussing how all Sudanese people are criminals, rapists etc... just because a couple of them have been arrested.

Its a bit like saying all english people are football hooligans,

Can I remind you guys, we are all immigrants.. we are not locals.. however just because we are white, a lot of people seem to forget that.

honestly.. I have never been so embarrassed and angry for the population of BE !!!!

(rant over.. deep breath...pour beer..)
The daily mail readers might be disappointed with the following link. Page 2 of it shows australias been accepting sudan refugees for years, the last 3 years they are top of the list. More than a few I think.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/btn/teacher...20refugees.pdf
Old Dec 16th 2006, 2:49 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

If I heard that a bunch of white refugees with criminal records were coming to stay in my neighbourhood, I'd be pretty concerned too.

I trust your in OZ and not the UK then, as that is exactly what is happening in the UK with all the Eastern Europeans. With people trafficing, money laundering, drug dealing & prostitution.

There are not enough background checks done on people. Many come from countries where for a little money you can obtain a document which states you are a perfect citizen.

I thank God we have connections with countries which have very little corruption, where we don't have to give bribes to get things and documents processed.

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Tamworth is fully of rednecks, Slim Dusty clones and Aussies who wish they were American country/western singers.

Having said that, the issue may be a little more complex than it first seems:

But Mr Treloar said local people and some "redneck elements" had aired concerns at a council meeting about 12 other Sudanese already living in the city, saying most had come before local courts for crimes ranging from dangerous driving to rape.
If that is true, I can appreciate the local residents' concern. Even if it's only a rumour, it will be enough to put most people off. If I heard that a bunch of white refugees with criminal records were coming to stay in my neighbourhood, I'd be pretty concerned too.

I'll need more evidence before concluding that race is the primary motivating factor in this case.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 2:54 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest that some hopeful immigrants read Dark Victory..(http://shop.abc.net.au/browse/produc...oductid=160586)

Australia, not at its best...

I love this country, and to be honest I have not found many racists, but it seems to be hidden in the vocal minority...(oh and on Today Tonight... nightly 6.30 Channel 7)

Last edited by sloake; Dec 16th 2006 at 2:57 am.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 2:55 am
chilled member

Originally Posted by ray2gill

I thank God we have connections with countries which have very little corruption, where we don't have to give bribes to get things and documents processed.

Ha ha .. Wheat for Arms?
Old Dec 16th 2006, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If I heard that a bunch of white refugees with criminal records were coming to stay in my neighbourhood, I'd be pretty concerned too.
Its been *alleged* australia is accepting rapists from sudan refugee camps, ones with criminal records. Really lets think about this claim.

Australia has taken thousands of sudanese refugees, see chart (page 2) in previous post and refugees from many other countries too, however back to sudan the refugee camps are full of HUNDREDS of thousands of refugees, are we assuming austraia going in and picking out the ones with crim records. I dont think not likely when they have such a choice.

The refugees you see here, usually have very large famiies of young children. My guess is most of the refugees we accept then would be women and children, some men of course.

No doubt some of these immigrants will commit crimes, as will those of any race, brits included. Id rather see a discussion on what has happened to the ones its alleged commited a crime, how is australia dealing with that then?
Old Dec 16th 2006, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Share what country that is, its certainly not australia.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 3:06 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Your statement shows that you clearly do not understand their culture. You are talking about western educated people. Sudanese culture is very different. People have no option and get forced into doing things that they would not wish to do.

If these are educated people then give them a residence visa with the proviso that if they break the law in any way they serve what ever sentence is handed down and are immediately deported afterwards. Same as happens in certain middle eastern countries.

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
So, you would move to a new country, say a NON English speaking country, and if there were a few Chavs settled there causing trouble. You would set up right near them and turn just like them even if you have never done anything wrong before???
Old Dec 16th 2006, 3:36 am
chilled member

Your statement shows that you clearly do not understand their culture. You are talking about western educated people. Sudanese culture is very different. People have no option and get forced into doing things that they would not wish to do.

If these are educated people then give them a residence visa with the proviso that if they break the law in any way they serve what ever sentence is handed down and are immediately deported afterwards. Same as happens in certain middle eastern countries.
FFS !!!!! They are refugees !!!! they are trying to escape a civil war.

what happened to compassion?

Christ.. I dispair
Old Dec 16th 2006, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

05/06 australia gave 14,000 refugee visas, previous thread on here said 17,000 UK residents got visas in 05/06.

If thats correct there are probably as many new arrivals from sudan etc as there are from the UK.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 3:56 am
chilled member

Originally Posted by jad n rich
05/06 australia gave 14,000 refugee visas, previous thread on here said 17,000 UK residents got visas in 05/06.

If thats correct there are probably as many new arrivals from sudan etc as there are from the UK.
whats wrong with that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.