Reload this Page >

Bike tracks in the Melbourne Suburbs

Bike tracks in the Melbourne Suburbs

Old Jan 4th 2010, 5:20 am
Just Joined

biffo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bike tracks in the Melbourne Suburbs

Hi all,

I live in St Kilda not far from CBD. So i bike into work in the CBD about 3 times a week.

Currently we are looking to get a house about 500-550k range so will have to move out 15-20k range at least.

Would like to keep on biking so can anybody recommend areas further about this distance out that has good bike tracks/lanes into the city?

Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2010, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bike tracks in the Melbourne Suburbs

Originally Posted by biffo
Hi all,

I live in St Kilda not far from CBD. So i bike into work in the CBD about 3 times a week.

Currently we are looking to get a house about 500-550k range so will have to move out 15-20k range at least.

Would like to keep on biking so can anybody recommend areas further about this distance out that has good bike tracks/lanes into the city?

Thanks

Fawkner, is probably one of the last areas in Zone 1 that you would find a good house on..for that Money.. has the Merri Creek bike trail, goes right past Coburg Lake, meets up with the Park St Bike Path near Brunswick or goes on to Abbotsford and the Yarra bike trail. Definitely a Good Bike trail all the way to the City. Should get a really good capital gain in Fawkner.... Within 15 k's as well.

Not many shops around Fawkner, you have to go to Campbellfield or Coburg to get decent shops.... Hence the low price.... Actually it's just outside of zone 1..

White collars and Professionals are just starting to move in there now.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 6:51 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biffo
Hi all,

Thanks
My staff bike in from Mount Waverley/Glen Waverley. Helps if you have showers at work but takes them about 40 mns to 1 hour and most is off the road proper cycle ways.

There is a book that shows all the cycle ways including key stops (WC or cafes) should the need arise.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the Bicycle Victoria web site and you will find all the paths, there are lots of them, all the way down Beach Road there is a shared footpath although lots of cyclists on the road there. All the way from Carrum to Ferntree Gully, my brother drives to Warrigal Road and then takes the bike path into the city. There are designated cycling lanes on most roads these days as well.

Bicycle Victoria is a good membership to have we have been members for a long time, family membership.

You can also buy a book with all the paths in it.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 3:51 am
Just Joined

biffo is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for the replies.

I have being looking round on the internet and also found a good map on the Vic Roads site for anyone who wants to use.

http://maps.vicroads.vic.gov.au/webs...s2b/viewer.htm