Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Big Pineapples, Prawns, Banana's

Big Pineapples, Prawns, Banana's

Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Pineapples, Prawns, Banana's

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Couldn't agree more! I'd love to see one of his talks too. I bet they're really hard to get tickets for though....

Hah ha! We've just come from the quest of all things big! After 2600kms we found; Big Pineapple at service station Gympie (sunshine coast), Big Orange at Gatton on Toowoomba Rd, Big Cows - Rockhampton (lots of em), Big Whale - Yeppoon (cleverly or sadly designed as someones house), Big Rum bottle - Bundy, Big Shark - Airlie Beach (in fact you enter the sharks mouth to gain access to the shark museum), Big Banana - Coffs, Big Guitar - many of them but most famous is along gold Coast, Big Mango - outside tourist in formation, Bowen, Big Ned Kelly. Need I go on? We didn't originally set out on a quest, but we travelled and eveywhere we went we found the aussies had made something big out of fibre glass! We've also discovered fibre glass big chainsaw, golf balls, plant hire equipment, seafood etc etc Truely shocking!!!!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

nursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by webgum
I've heard there is a big macadamia nut somewhere in northern NSW and I remember seeing a giant sheep somewhere.
There was definitely a giant croc somewhere outside Darwin.

Just remembered - it's the giant merino sheep in Goldburn. Mmmm I've been to some great places.
Big Croc (in pink) outside tourist centre, Cannonvale Qld!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

There is the Big mossie in Hexham (just outside Newcastle NSW), and I have noticed a big pushbike in Southport

How about the Big Knucklehead, which is generally in Canberra.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Up here theres a "Big Peanut" out at Tolga ( Atherton Tablelands ) and a "Big Marlin" on the Captain Cook Highway, south bound. Mighty fine they are too!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Up here theres a "Big Peanut" out at Tolga ( Atherton Tablelands ) and a "Big Marlin" on the Captain Cook Highway, south bound. Mighty fine they are too!
Sent a video of our travels to my sister and had a text from her saying "what the hell is it with the big things?" I'd not even realised I'd filmed them! They're like normal landscape over here (a less classier version of stone henge)! In fact why haven't they got a fibreglass version of stone henge, or for that matter tower bridge? Our aussie mates love london and all things british, maybe thats the next investment for tourism here! After that we can have big things from other countries! Oh dear!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 6:55 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Hah ha! We've just come from the quest of all things big! After 2600kms we found; Big Pineapple at service station Gympie (sunshine coast), Big Orange at Gatton on Toowoomba Rd, Big Cows - Rockhampton (lots of em), Big Whale - Yeppoon (cleverly or sadly designed as someones house), Big Rum bottle - Bundy, Big Shark - Airlie Beach (in fact you enter the sharks mouth to gain access to the shark museum), Big Banana - Coffs, Big Guitar - many of them but most famous is along gold Coast, Big Mango - outside tourist in formation, Bowen, Big Ned Kelly. Need I go on? We didn't originally set out on a quest, but we travelled and eveywhere we went we found the aussies had made something big out of fibre glass! We've also discovered fibre glass big chainsaw, golf balls, plant hire equipment, seafood etc etc Truely shocking!!!!
You missed the proper Big Pineapple then? You just saw the Pineapple Caltex on the Bruce through Gympie, poor second to the Big Big Pineapple further down the Bruce highway it's just off on the Nambour Connection rd.
Don't you just feel so cheated now
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cresta57
You missed the proper Big Pineapple then? You just saw the Pineapple Caltex on the Bruce through Gympie, poor second to the Big Big Pineapple further down the Bruce highway it's just off on the Nambour Connection rd.
Don't you just feel so cheated now
Hang on Cresta..................jumping in car now with cam corder! Gonna get that Big BIG Pineapple!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Simone
Ah, the big things!!

There's been some more threads about these: (including some foto's from me).
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...postid=1150610
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209057

Here in WA we have the Big Orange in Harvey.
Big Apple in Donnybrook.
Big ram or Merino in Merriden(or Narrogin?)

THere's a big kangaroo somewhere along the Nullabor.

I've been to the Big Pineapple too. I was 6. I remember a spider got in the lense of our video camera and my dad lost his sunglasses on the train
Got a massive watermelon just down the road here in Melbourne - do you recon it should go in the book?
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by G'Day
Got a massive watermelon just down the road here in Melbourne - do you recon it should go in the book?
Ahhh a watermelon!!!! Now thats one we haven't got! Looks like a slight detour for me! By the way the Big Prawn at Ballina, you used to be able to climb inside and look through its eyes! They won't let you do that anymore? Health & safety apparently. Hardly seems worth going now!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:45 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We did a day trip to Canberra from Sydney and the driver told us that we would stop at Golbourne to break the journey on the way back and we would get to see the big Marino. So on the way back we drive into Golbourne and my wife asks why she can't see any boats or a harbour
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:58 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

The Big Banana is at Ballajura
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Siren
The Big Banana is at Ballajura

Have it on excellent authority there's a Big Turd! Have downloaded pic of it from net but don't know how to paste it on here! They'll make anything out of fibreglass!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:30 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Tamworth's finest (NSW). Country Music Capital of Australia.....
Attached Thumbnails Big Pineapples, Prawns, Banana's-guitar.jpg  
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:32 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

There's a Giant Merino (type of sheep) at Goulburn.

Anya.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bundy
Tamworth's finest (NSW). Country Music Capital of Australia.....
Bundy how did you attach the thumbnail? Everyone needs to see the Big Turd! It has to be done!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.