Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Big Mofo of a Thunder Storm Heading My Way

Big Mofo of a Thunder Storm Heading My Way

Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

jasonK944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Big Mofo of a Thunder Storm Heading My Way

Lightning and Thunder seen in the distance and clearly getting louder. This is the first one of many I am sure. My brother who has lived here for 10 years says that some can be pretty spectacular. Anybody else any experience of storms?
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are you.................
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

jasonK944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thunderstorm

Northern Sydney.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:21 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Thunderstorm

Originally posted by jasonK944
Northern Sydney.
Tend not to get many thunder storms in Perth during the summer, they tend to come during the spring but I wish it would rain, its to hot here. 39 forcast again over the weekend, not pleasent when you have to work!!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janeyray
Tend not to get many thunder storms in Perth during the summer, they tend to come during the spring but I wish it would rain, its to hot here. 39 forcast again over the weekend, not pleasent when you have to work!!

We witnessed a terrific storm in Perth last year.......only thing is it started quite a few bush fires, which the kids found pretty scarey
Old Jan 13th 2004, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

pete 10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janeyray
I hope you do not mind me asking,but why are you going back to the UK?
Old Jan 13th 2004, 12:53 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Massive, earth-shaking, sky-lighting, ear-ripping electrical storms where I was in NSW (Northern Tablelands, near Tamworth). Awesome in the true sense of the word. We used to sit on the verrandah and watch them coming over the hills. Wouldn't want to be out in one though.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 1:48 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by pete 10
I hope you do not mind me asking,but why are you going back to the UK?
If you look back at previous postings I think I've explained it but to cut a long story short (!) living in Oz just isn't 'my' dream.
Homesickness, missing family and long term close friends can't be replaced.
Boredom, the beach is lovely but mundane after a while.
Employment - lack of
Education - behind
Pubs - no good
( )
Heat - oppresive-boiling-unbearable
Flies - disgusting
Cost of living - high compared to wages
etc etc
But hey listen, they know me on here - I'am a whinger!!

Really, it's just not for us thats all, we will enjoy our time here but it's not permanent. If you are from anywhere near Nottingham do you want to do a house swap - my house here for your house there?!!! lol Save a lot of hasssle!!!!!