Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Old Apr 19th 2018, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Well increasingly few listen to you I'm afraid. It is not fear mongering it is fact. What you advocate is allowing the build up of forces highly damaging to the well being of this nation.
There are stats galore out there. Seek them out and enable your
sight insight into the entire picture. Cherry picking rarely useful.
Already posted for your viewing pleasure. Where's yours? I thought not. Bluff and propaganda as per usual.

Tell me this. Did Australia suffer declining living standards during the immigration boom of the 50's and 60's? An immigration boom which vastly eclipses the immigration numbers of today.

I thought not. Next?
Old Apr 19th 2018, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Old Salty, a Big Australia supporter, has jumped ship and called for a reduction in immigration. It appears the vibrancy of Melbourne all too much for him.

What could be the case just as likely, is Bernard Salt detects the way the wind is blowing and it is definitely towards a reduction in immigration intake.
He wants to pre-empt policy change and lay claim to having the 'perception' ahead of forth coming changes.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Already posted for your viewing pleasure. Where's yours? I thought not. Bluff and propaganda as per usual.

Tell me this. Did Australia suffer declining living standards during the immigration boom of the 50's and 60's? An immigration boom which vastly eclipses the immigration numbers of today.

I thought not. Next?
Ever get that sinking feeling that the ship is going down but something prevents you taking action? Best admit Big Immigration's time is up, fun while it lasted but time to move on to more winnable arguments.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Another right wing columnist has a piece in todays West Australian, that originally appeared in a Sydney paper against the over loading of immigration and the need to stop. Critics from The Right, coming in thick and fast now.

Only time before at least a token action is taken, but must say, I fear their agenda is not about purely sustainable levels of migration but darker elements forming behind the growing call.

Australia should certainly cut down to sustainable levels, but should never be based around race and a return to the past. Multi cultalralism, I suspect will increasingly be targeted, which was a prime reason I resisted the rather too obvious outcome to prolonged and excessive migration over recent years besides the over loading on services and corrupt practices involved.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Ever get that sinking feeling that the ship is going down but something prevents you taking action? Best admit Big Immigration's time is up, fun while it lasted but time to move on to more winnable arguments.
So what happened after the immigration boom of the 50's and 60's? What about the immigration boom of 10 years ago.

Both of which easily eclipse where we are today.

Second time asking. I expect another deflection.

PS. I don't really care if immigration is a small or large number. As has always been the case it should be adapted to suit the needs. Right now we have needs for more and better skills because luddites like yourself are dragging the rest of us down.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Immigration is not serving needs and too large. What is dragging us down is mouth pieces supporting vested interests while the country stumbles.

Posters as above should be noted as only personal interests at heart.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Immigration is not serving needs and too large. What is dragging us down is mouth pieces supporting vested interests while the country stumbles.

Posters as above should be noted as only personal interests at heart.
If I had personal interests at heart I would be worried about congestion, cost of living, and ...... it escapes me .... what are the rest of your arguments?

Congestion and COL are narrow minded me me me beefs.

And that my friend is you.

3 times asking. What negative effects did the immigration boom of the 50's and 60's have?

Last edited by Beoz; Apr 19th 2018 at 11:28 am.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If I had personal interests at heart I would be worried about congestion, cost of living, and ...... it escapes me .... what are the rest of your arguments?

Congestion and COL are narrow minded me me me beefs.

And that my friend is you.

3 times asking. What negative effects did the immigration boom of the 50's and 60's have?
Reading from the government hymn book again? I'd have thought, even you would have given this lot of practical jokers creating such serious consequences the flick by now. A good little trooper to the last.

Now the idea is when in class consider the reasons why the difference between then and now with regards migration? I'll check back later.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reading from the government hymn book again? I'd have thought, even you would have given this lot of practical jokers creating such serious consequences the flick by now. A good little trooper to the last.

Now the idea is when in class consider the reasons why the difference between then and now with regards migration? I'll check back later.
For who? Labor.

4th time asking. How we doing on the 50's and 60's immigration boom. Cat got your tongue?
Old Apr 21st 2018, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For who? Labor.

4th time asking. How we doing on the 50's and 60's immigration boom. Cat got your tongue?

You cannot expect teacher to come up with every solution to your life queries without at least attempting to put in some own content and thought.

Repeating the official Fed line doesn't get you off the hook.

No not Labour, your usual home of solace, The Right, is fracturing over the matter.

Note yet another 'Australian' columnist Henry Ergas has 'come out' with warnings on high immigration.

Must be getting very lonely in your increasingly isolated position. Oh wait the Morrision bloke is still backing population over load. Remind me the same bloke that fought nail and daggers for no inquiry into banking. Oh hold up, you were one whom constantly defended and riled against my arguments of corrupt banksters will full conviction. Red faced now no doubt.

I can see I'm going to have to help you along the road with what you consider, obviously your killer argument to the whole fiasco of over loaded migration.

So here's to kick off your study. Migration since 1901 (Year of Federation)averaged 73,000 a year up until a dozen years ago.

Past twelve years averaged 220,000 a year. Note the difference?

AS for you infrastructure claims. Yes going great guns isn't it> Parramatta Light Rail blow out and internal squabbles give a pointer why infrastructure should not lag too far behind massive population build up.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So here's to kick off your study. Migration since 1901 (Year of Federation)averaged 73,000 a year up until a dozen years ago.

Past twelve years averaged 220,000 a year. Note the difference?

12 years. That would be inclusive of the big 2008/2009 years of the mining boom and dropping ever since.

Bad stat to pull my friend especially when average immigration has been declining ever since.

Makes your whole argument fail again.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

12 years. That would be inclusive of the big 2008/2009 years of the mining boom and dropping ever since.

Bad stat to pull my friend especially when average immigration has been declining ever since.

Makes your whole argument fail again.

It must be getting ruddy freezing for you out there on a limb. Argument on each and every topic proved wrong. But you are persistent if nothing else.

Nothing to do with the 2008 mining boom as you put it. As wrote it was the average figure over a dozen year period. Oh to help you along, Melbourne's population grew by 30%. Sydney's by 20% .

May help you along.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It must be getting ruddy freezing for you out there on a limb. Argument on each and every topic proved wrong. But you are persistent if nothing else.

Nothing to do with the 2008 mining boom as you put it. As wrote it was the average figure over a dozen year period. Oh to help you along, Melbourne's population grew by 30%. Sydney's by 20% .

May help you along.
Here is the Sydney growth rate to help you. Not a lot of change there over 60 years as a percentage.

Why are you sprouting such propaganda rubbish?

Year Population Growth Rate (%) Growth
2030 5,301,000 1.13% 289,000
2025 5,012,000 1.17% 283,000
2020 4,729,000 1.11% 103,000
2018 4,626,000 0.89% 121,000
2015 4,505,000 0.64% 141,000
2010 4,364,000 0.65% 139,000
2005 4,225,000 0.84% 173,000
2000 4,052,000 1.19% 233,000
1995 3,819,000 1.01% 187,000
1990 3,632,000 1.14% 200,000
1985 3,432,000 1.08% 180,000
1980 3,252,000 0.85% 134,000
1975 3,118,000 1.52% 226,000
1970 2,892,000 3.89% 502,000
1965 2,390,000 2.28% 255,000
1960 2,135,000 2.30% 229,000
1955 1,906,000 2.43% 216,000

Last edited by Beoz; Apr 21st 2018 at 9:59 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

May help you along.
And to help you along further, in terms of percentages Sydney and Melbourne rank lower than Perth and Brisbane on growth.

http://www.citymayors.com/statistics/urban_growth3.html

Oh the propaganda.
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The propaganda remains entirely with the over load brigade. The tide has well and truly turned though and no play on figures will altar the fact that people know only too well. That being the living standards are in decline, increasingly impossible for citizens to live in desirable, close to amenities suburbs, falling infrastructure that will never address projected population increases not to mention cost blow outs and increased revenue demands on the public purse.

Afraid like the banking financial fiasco I have long brought to attention on this forum, much to your complete denial, the same process is in place. The present incompetents, supposed to be governing the country will be in denial, until facts stare them down, then admit they got it wrong, too late in the day. Damage done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.