Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC2 8pm, Moving Downunder Type Program

BBC2 8pm, Moving Downunder Type Program

Old Aug 12th 2004, 6:47 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBC2 8pm, Moving Downunder Type Program

Starts in ten minutes and like many of us, the couple began by backpacking out there.

Paul.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 7:35 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC2 8pm, Moving Downunder Type Program

Just having a look at realestate.com

Bloody hell, Dee Why is expensive. Think I'll stick to Brissie.

Paul.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:04 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

I'm talking to myself again.

Good show and I think it was pretty honest about how the first months are gonna be tough and possibly lonely, especially for Mums. Pete and Helen, let us know if you use the site please.

Most annoying bit was the bloody presenters - got the job on being the smuggest and cheesiest they could find.

What did everyone think of it?

Paul.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Teddybex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by diddy
What did everyone think of it?

Paul.
Hi Paul. I watched the show and really enjoyed it. I thought it was very honest and didn't just show the good bits of relocating. I must admit I had a little cry when they had their friends and family round to say their goodbyes I thought they might go home after Helen watched the video of her parents, but I'm glad they decided to stay Wonder if there'll be a follow up programme?
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Oooh, just noticed I got my second star!!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:20 pm
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Teddybex
Oooh, just noticed I got my second star!!
What did we miss?
Was it a repeat of the series that has been showing over the last year or was it a new show?
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CON
What did we miss?
Was it a repeat of the series that has been showing over the last year or was it a new show?
It was a new one. It was a couple moving from Devon to Dee Why.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:27 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Originally Posted by CON
What did we miss?

I think it was a new one. Similar to the one with the family from Ipswich to Brisbane last year.

Family had PR for 4 years but had only validated, so TV program turn up and give them two weeks to move to Sydney. After 4 weeks in Oz, they have to make a decision if they want to say.

Biggest impact was lonelyness of Helen, although at the end she was doing OK.

These show don't seem the same without Mandy Skegg though.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Really enjoyed tonight's show.

Cried though - makes me realise how hard it is going to be - leaving my family....

Not a dry eye in the house.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Good program, and good on them for sticking it out past the 3 month point........

BUT...........

The woman moaning about missing her family and friends......aren't her husband and children her 'family and friends'?

She should have been content enough and focused enough to accept that she had her best friends with her - what more does a girl need?

The other thing which shocked me was: why live in an extremely expensive city / area, when you obviously can't afford it - cutting your cloth etc, etc.

'cept all that, I say well done and good on 'ya.

Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:44 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

'The woman moaning about missing her family and friends......aren't her husband and children her 'family and friends'?

She should have been content enough and focused enough to accept that she had her best friends with her - what more does a girl need?'

Fair enough. Good point.

'The other thing which shocked me was: why live in an extremely expensive city / area, when you obviously can't afford it - cutting your cloth etc, etc.'

This always baffles me on these shows. They won't push their budget in the UK, but for some reason think that it'll be alright to do it in Oz. Bizarre.

Last edited by diddy; Aug 12th 2004 at 8:47 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:45 pm
CON
Banned

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Good program, and good on them for sticking it out past the 3 month point........

BUT...........

The woman moaning about missing her family and friends......aren't her husband and children her 'family and friends'?

She should have been content enough and focused enough to accept that she had her best friends with her - what more does a girl need?

The other thing which shocked me was: why live in an extremely expensive city / area, when you obviously can't afford it - cutting your cloth etc, etc.

'cept all that, I say well done and good on 'ya.

Sorry we missed it now, we have watched all the recent Australian move programs and did not know this one was coming up. Did anyone tape it?
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CON
Sorry we missed it now, we have watched all the recent Australian move programs and did not know this one was coming up. Did anyone tape it?
Hi Con,

don't freak out, you didn't miss all that much, just the usual uk / aussie migrate program stuff.

Basically ( IMO ), you make your own luck, if you're going with you're partner you should be content and secure enough in your relationship and above all, accept that nowhere is paradise and paradise is what you expect it to be and what you make it.

Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:53 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Steandleigh,

PM'd you.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:54 pm
CON
Banned

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Hi Con,

don't freak out, you didn't miss all that much, just the usual uk / aussie migrate program stuff.

Basically ( IMO ), you make your own luck, if you're going with you're partner you should be content and secure enough in your relationship and above all, accept that nowhere is paradise and paradise is what you expect it to be and what you make it.

Very philosophical and I agree with you though it still peevs me a bit to of missed this program it has become a bit of a ritual, you know how it is.
Good luck with your imminent move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.