Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC Wanted Down Under - the UKNova Download thread!

BBC Wanted Down Under - the UKNova Download thread!

Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Would it help if one installed more RAM? (Just wondering as I am considering adding more memory to our PC anyway.)

Gina
Pretty much ANY PC will benefit from more RAM.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:49 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Yup.. ram is best if you've got lots of processing running, otherwise the current process will swap memory out to disk of other processes.. Generally if the disk is whiring alot , its prob short on memory.

Latest azureus is running on my box with 2 downloads using 109,376 K of memory. Firefox is using 247,960 K as a compare. CPU is 2%. Two torrents downloading, 18 seeds, 75 peers. on a 3.2 gb p4 with 2.5gb of ram
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by datamile
Yup.. ram is best if you've got lots of processing running, otherwise the current process will swap memory out to disk of other processes.. Generally if the disk is whiring alot , its prob short on memory.

Latest azureus is running on my box with 2 downloads using 109,376 K of memory. Firefox is using 247,960 K as a compare. CPU is 2%. Two torrents downloading, 18 seeds, 75 peers. on a 3.2 gb p4 with 2.5gb of ram
My 4 discs whir like fudge! ...lol

My PC has no prob running my torrent client (utorrent) and whatever else at the same time, but I just find the torrent client kills my bandwidth as far as browsing goes.

1.5mb line - kills it!

8mb line - kills it a little softer, but certainly kills it still ...

I've tried restricting the down/up speeds to leave for browsing, but if any serious browsing is needed, then utorrent simply is switched off.

The likes of eMule can run in the background ok'ish but will only do the same when I'm getting flat out speeds!

I know logic tells you if your P2P is flat out, then IE will work slow, but I just wish IE could grab all that is available when it's needed, rather than P2P hogg it!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default Re: BBC Wanted Down Under - the UKNova Download thread!

Its the upload that will be slowing you down, restrict it to a much smaller % kb speed and you'll be fine, still need to upload though.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The latest batch of 5 episodes is available on UKNova is available to download now.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:15 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The latest batch of 5 episodes is available on UKNova is available to download now.
5 episodes of what?
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 4:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
5 episodes of what?
Wanted Down Under. Last Monday to Friday.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:54 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.aanet.com.au polly. They are the best value I have found.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm toying with the broadband idea - Dodo dialup is pretty quick, compared to Hellstra, but I think the time has come to change, now I can afford it at last!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by The OH
thanks, UKNova 'rocks'

..with a bit of luck and a following wind [wait time 24hrs] got the WDU episodes onto my Apple using QuickTime player.

for Apple users only

Should any Apple folks find a white screen on their QuickTime player, sound only, it's because QuickTime does not have a codec installed to play your torrent. [WDU has avi format].

However, after a google, the following links will help as they convert downloaded torrents for OSX and OS9

http://www.3ivx.com/download/macos.html

http://www.3ivx.com/divxdoctor/

QP now works perfectly

about to watch the 3rd episode......
For Apple owners here's a QuickTime Player walkthro'

Apple users only

OK - you'll need to download the torrent client, Azureus.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/howto_osx.php

follow their instructions and your ready for the next step:

login to Nova and select your torrent[s] by double clicking the icon beside it, this will open up Azureus automatically.[if not already open] now while your waiting for the download[s] to commence you will need to get these 2 files:

http://www.3ivx.com/download/macos.html

http://www.3ivx.com/divxdoctor/

Once they are downloaded just follow their instructions and you now have everything ready for the torrent[s] to be converted to the format for QuickTime [making sure you have the latest version of QT]

OK - next step - locate the torrent in the Azureus folder that has been downloaded and let the Doctor programme do its bit to decode/flatten it, [drag a file to the Doctor programme] takes a bit of time to do its stuff and will open QuickTime automatically when finished...

Press play and hey presto your watching WDU or any torrent you want to view on your QuickTime player...

You will notice that you now have a QT movie file in the same Azureus folder, if you wish you can rename it and move it, keeping all your QT programmes easily accessible.

HTH and Enjoy

The OH

Last edited by The OH; Feb 3rd 2007 at 11:52 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:54 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Last Monday to Friday's episodes are available now on UKNova for download.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Currently using their 8meg line and just downloaded a 259mb file from Celeb BB and it took about 10 mins with peaks of about 750kb/s ...
Famous last words!

Moved home and currently can't get ADSL ... and am stuck with dial up! ...
Old Feb 15th 2007, 6:31 pm
Living the dream at last!

Gremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by datamile
For those of you trying to join uknova in order to get the tv download, there is an automated screen here that submits your request every 30 seconds until you get an account... otherwise it'll take you days as they free new accounts at random moments.

http://paulbain.co.uk/uknova/

Don't know anything about this script, so I'd use a name and password that you haven't used elsewhere.

It worked for me in about 15 mins.
Hi
Just wanted to say thanks for the link. It worked for me in under 4 minutes. Also, I was able to start downloading instantly (first 3 'Top Gear' of the new series), even though my rating was non-existent. No waiting 24 hours as they said I would.

Only problem now is my wife thinks that I'm going to download every Corrie episode for her when we finally get to Oz. I'm not wasting valuable hard disc space on that!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

davespoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.

Would any one be willing or able to post the torrent on another hosting site? I have been tyring for ages to get onto UKNova (even with the PaulBain automatic registering tool) with no success at all, and I can't track down another torrent or donwload site that hosts the "wanted down under" files.

Many thanks,

David
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:49 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremlin
Hi
Just wanted to say thanks for the link. It worked for me in under 4 minutes. Also, I was able to start downloading instantly (first 3 'Top Gear' of the new series), even though my rating was non-existent. No waiting 24 hours as they said I would.

Only problem now is my wife thinks that I'm going to download every Corrie episode for her when we finally get to Oz. I'm not wasting valuable hard disc space on that!
meanie, just watch it, seed it for a while and delete it, I don't keep them long term. Some birds just need their corrie!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:54 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davespoon
Hi.

Would any one be willing or able to post the torrent on another hosting site? I have been tyring for ages to get onto UKNova (even with the PaulBain automatic registering tool) with no success at all, and I can't track down another torrent or donwload site that hosts the "wanted down under" files.

Many thanks,

David
Would if I knew how... I use Azureus but I've never uploaded... Tell me how and I'll do it for you... My upload speed is ~ 100k (bytes not bits...) so you'll be on for a while...!

Last edited by DrWho; Feb 26th 2007 at 9:56 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.