Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC Wanted Down Under - the UKNova Download thread!

BBC Wanted Down Under - the UKNova Download thread!

Old Jan 27th 2007, 6:45 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by rodders39
Don't think there's any regular time they delete the accounts...
If you don't use it within 40 days I think then you will be deleted.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 7:34 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
If you don't use it within 40 days I think then you will be deleted.
Just about to download Azureus and not sure which one to choose. Any ideas? Also, did you pay extra for the Codec Pro Pack and Download protection? Sorry to be pain.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry i use abc or utorrent, both work well. U torrent has a nice extra little feature as well. I can max out my connection (8 meg) on either.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:11 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Sorry i use abc or utorrent, both work well. U torrent has a nice extra little feature as well. I can max out my connection (8 meg) on either.
Do you pay a monthly fee for those?
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:15 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

For azureus you can use safe peer in its module list, and the speed plug-in is good for limiting downloads durin certain times.

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/download/ is a fairly good divx and codec player
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:22 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by datamile
For azureus you can use safe peer in its module list, and the speed plug-in is good for limiting downloads durin certain times.

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/download/ is a fairly good divx and codec player
Okay, now I'm getting really confused. Can anyone tell me the basics I need to download before I try to register with UKNova?
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:26 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Okay, now I'm getting really confused. Can anyone tell me the basics I need to download before I try to register with UKNova?
Just look at post 375 and follow the links... You don't pay for anything... I also replied to your question in the other thread...
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

They're also planning an upload tomorrow of this weeks shows... again 1 torrent... For the bloke from the US that was wondering how he could watch them, this is the way...
UK Nova seems like a bit of a closed shop at the moment, so unless someone's willing to provide an invite (please!) or an alternative source for the torrent (nothing showing on demonoid yet) then we're going to be struggling to catch up

Cheers
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:57 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tictac
UK Nova seems like a bit of a closed shop at the moment, so unless someone's willing to provide an invite (please!) or an alternative source for the torrent (nothing showing on demonoid yet) then we're going to be struggling to catch up

Cheers
I don't think they work on invites anymore. You just have to keep trying.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 9:01 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
I don't think they work on invites anymore. You just have to keep trying.
Yup, that's right... There's up to 300 new accounts available every day... but when in the day is anyone's guess, and they go pretty quick...
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:27 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup, that's right... There's up to 300 new accounts available every day... but when in the day is anyone's guess, and they go pretty quick...
yipee got an account today, thanks but do I have to wait 24hrs before I can download

if yes - no worries

if not then request config support from any Apple folks using similar setup..

torrent won’t download – red smiley
azureus reports a NAT error [incoming TCP listening port]

running software on an iBookG4, using Airport and ISP is Helstra
smalllake broadband ADSL

should I also post on The Lab? methinks meister texas dave is the apple guru

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:47 am
Timelord

Originally Posted by The OH
yipee got an account today, thanks but do I have to wait 24hrs before I can download

if yes - no worries

smalllake broadband ADSL

Thanks in advance
No you don't have to wait 24 hours, what it means is that until you've done a bit of uploading yourself they restrict you to not being able to download new torrents until they are 24 hours old... If I remember correctly...

If you've a NAT problem then stuff gets more technical... I can't help with Apple stuff, just Windows in its' different flavours... basically you need to open a port on your routers' firewall and redirect traffic on it to your local IP address... and if you're running a firewall on your Mac you'll need to open that too... Hopefully someone that knows how to do that on Mac's will be along soon...
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The OH

if yes - no worries

smalllake broadband ADSL

Thanks in advance
Glad you got an account. UKNova can be a bit tricky to get your head round at first but hang in there and it will become easier. Getting your share ratio above 1 takes a while but you'll get there.

Enjoy.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:21 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Glad you got an account. UKNova can be a bit tricky to get your head round at first but hang in there and it will become easier. Getting your share ratio above 1 takes a while but you'll get there.

Enjoy.
My current account's been active for over a year (long-time uknova user) and my ratio's never been above 0.083. Happy to share, but the stuff I download always seems to have 84 seeders!! So, anyway ... don't believe the hype re: quotas.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:31 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
My current account's been active for over a year (long-time uknova user) and my ratio's never been above 0.083. Happy to share, but the stuff I download always seems to have 84 seeders!! So, anyway ... don't believe the hype re: quotas.
2.43 ratio, are you jealous

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.