Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC Wanted Down Under - Series 8

BBC Wanted Down Under - Series 8

Old Jan 11th 2014, 2:37 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC Wanted Down Under - Series 8

Originally Posted by mattbenecci
Maybe dont watch it then I wouldnt if I felt that way
It's like rubbernecking, you just can't help it even though you know it's totally wrong!!
Old Jan 11th 2014, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

al_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud of

ha the Perth one where they stayed in mandurah had my park in! We live in Lakelands
Old Jan 12th 2014, 12:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Don't like.Don't watch

Simple

CF=0
Old Jan 12th 2014, 7:59 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattbenecci
Maybe dont watch it then I wouldnt if I felt that way
Most people love to see others fail especially on tv and everyone points and laughs, it's nothing personal it's just what everyone does. I mean those funny home video shows are really popular and all thats shown is the event leading up to them being carted off in an ambulance and we all roll round laughing.

Appear on reality tv and you have to expect to recive the good with the bad comments, you just have to look at the love / hate talk about people like the kardashians and others from reality tv.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
Most people love to see others fail especially on tv and everyone points and laughs, it's nothing personal it's just what everyone does. I mean those funny home video shows are really popular and all thats shown is the event leading up to them being carted off in an ambulance and we all roll round laughing.

Appear on reality tv and you have to expect to recive the good with the bad comments, you just have to look at the love / hate talk about people like the kardashians and others from reality tv.
It is called "schadenfreude" a German word used to describe the feeling of satisfaction we get from other's misfortune.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 8:58 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

It really is like watching a car crash, the latest is a nurse could earn £30,000 MORE in Queensland than in the UK. Do they really believe this and do no research of their own? The wife says how fantastic it is they could buy a house that had a gym for her partially disabled husband. HELLO the gym is just a room with someone elses equipment in it. I think for some the flight completely puggles their brains.
Then right at the end the old 'healthier lifestyle' chestnut rears its head.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 7:12 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
It really is like watching a car crash, the latest is a nurse could earn £30,000 MORE in Queensland than in the UK. Do they really believe this and do no research of their own? The wife says how fantastic it is they could buy a house that had a gym for her partially disabled husband. HELLO the gym is just a room with someone elses equipment in it. I think for some the flight completely puggles their brains.
Then right at the end the old 'healthier lifestyle' chestnut rears its head.
Like watching a car crash very much sums that one up. They are a lovely couple very much devoted to each other but without their established support structures there's no ways they'll be better off in Australia. Then there's the false expectations regarding the nurse's "doubled" Australian salary. The producers of the show have really messed up with this one.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 1:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
The wife says how fantastic it is they could buy a house that had a gym for her partially disabled husband.
I've never seen the program and have no desire to. However I have to wonder how the couple you're discussing thinks they're going to get a visa if the husband is disabled. It's not a given that he would pass a medical with a disability.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 1:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
They are a lovely couple very much devoted to each other
How on earth do you know that from watching half an hour of edited snippets?
Old Jan 14th 2014, 2:27 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
How on earth do you know that from watching half an hour of edited snippets?
Because I'm good at spotting that kind of thing.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 3:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Because I'm good at spotting that kind of thing.
Ok
Old Jan 14th 2014, 8:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Ok
Have you watched the episode?
Old Jan 14th 2014, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

seanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to all

It is popcorn TV, its not a serious look at what is achievable in Australia in most cases for a lot of people, it reminds me of Bullseye in the old days when Jim Bowen brings on the speedboat for a couple in the Midlands and says, tek it back boys, they have shit it!

It shouldnt come down to getting personally offensive to anyone either, a forum is full of individual opinions and that is all they are, WDU is a programme creators manipulation for the winter months in the UK to try and make people feel better.

Over the past 5 years Australia has changed and is a really expensive place to live now, work in certain states has dried up but if you have a niche which allows you to enter the country then in that scenario, it can be fruitful. We shouldnt mock people for watching this trash, it serves as a sonnet to the whole verse which is migrating to another country, I wouldnt be blind enough to watch this and pack my bags, its a small insignificant taste of what life could be like.

Everyone needs to chill out!

In the meantime Im going for a ride on my jetski in my pool
Old Jan 14th 2014, 9:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Have you watched the episode?
No. I think I saw a couple of episodes before we moved over. Don't watch much tv, let alone some UK reality shite. I don't get why people do tbh but each to his or her own.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I've never seen the program and have no desire to. However I have to wonder how the couple you're discussing thinks they're going to get a visa if the husband is disabled. It's not a given that he would pass a medical with a disability.
And that is the reason why I think these programmes can mislead or may two of the The Reasons.

I've watched programmes from this series saying people can earn salaries 20,000 POUNDS more than thry get in the uk- as nurses and social workers.
And I've seen them say people will get visas - when thry are disabled. They MIGHT get one, there is no given. and when was the last time anyone heard the producers mention police checks?

Programmes like this should give a realistic outlook- I don't care that its not good tv. On here we try so hard to give people a realistic view. I just wish the likes of WDu did the same.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 14th 2014 at 10:35 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.