Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC Wanted Down Under - Series 7

BBC Wanted Down Under - Series 7

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC Wanted Down Under - Series 7

Originally Posted by northernbird
I'm sorry if they are members here but what stuck up folk they were. They complained about the housing and the 3rd house was quite similar to mine before we did some renovations and they said it was a dump!! Fantastic.
The least desirable house on the program was definitely their own.

I thought the three they saw were ok, needed some revamping but were generally ok.

Originally Posted by eddie007
Anyone else concerned aboutbthe exploitation of kids on the show...

How do you feel, aged 9, jet lagged and gobsmacked 12,000 away from home about nanny and grand dad sobbing on camera as we show you the video of them....

Ffs!!!!!!
Agreed
Old Jan 4th 2013, 7:33 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I was channel hopping this morningd and saw one with a Cornish couple and it was heartbreaking cos she was manipulative in the extreme and he just loved his family, friends and life in the uk. I hope they didn't move over.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 3:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
I was channel hopping this morningd and saw one with a Cornish couple and it was heartbreaking cos she was manipulative in the extreme and he just loved his family, friends and life in the uk. I hope they didn't move over.
Yes I felt very sorry for him too.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Having been the victim, sorry I mean participant, in a TV program (Kevin was) perhaps it may be more accurate to say "She was portrayed by the editing and set up to be manipulative in the extreme"

I trust these programs as far as I can spit... Which seeing as it's 37 degrees outside and I haven't had a cuppa since 10 this morning isn't very far...
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lolylew
wish they showed it over here
Agreed loly wish they did we could have waved in the background and id have shouted we were in your position once and its well worth the agro getting here
Old Jan 13th 2013, 3:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomerz
Agreed loly wish they did we could have waved in the background and id have shouted we were in your position once and its well worth the agro getting here
Run it through Expat Shield, worth a watch. I haven't watched this type of programme for at least 6 years.....
Absolutely NO offence meant to any participant (and I have met people who have been in these programmes) but - GET REAL!!!! "This is what I thought Australia was all about, the sun, the sand and the peace and quiet" I don't know whether to or
Old Jan 13th 2013, 9:50 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Run it through Expat Shield, worth a watch. I haven't watched this type of programme for at least 6 years.....
Absolutely NO offence meant to any participant (and I have met people who have been in these programmes) but - GET REAL!!!! "This is what I thought Australia was all about, the sun, the sand and the peace and quiet" I don't know whether to or
We only watch it to look at the houses We FF through all the teary stuff - hate that kind of tele
Old Jan 14th 2013, 3:38 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
We only watch it to look at the houses We FF through all the teary stuff - hate that kind of tele
Must admit I stopped each episode just before that bit!
Old Jan 14th 2013, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have only ever watched a bit of one of the shows a couple of years ago while on holiday in the UK but the other day the tv had been left on and got the very end of the Cornish couple show... and I nearly cried along with the husband lol....if my partner acted like his wife did then that would be my wake up moment, he should of packed her bags and put her on the flight to Aus (on her own) he's better off without her......ps I really think that show should come with a relationship warning lol...
Old Jan 21st 2013, 5:25 pm
Home and Happy

Note to the producers - please please next time use a presenter who does enough research to pronounce placenames properly......

the Brisbane suburb of Cap -a - larba and the Sunshine Coast resort of Killowndra

Old Jan 21st 2013, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Note to the producers - please please next time use a presenter who does enough research to pronounce placenames properly......

the Brisbane suburb of Cap -a - larba and the Sunshine Coast resort of Killowndra

Reminds me of when I first moved to South Australia and pronounced Mallala wrongly. Everyone fell about laughing!!

As for the TV programme showing videos of familes and friends sobbing back in the UK, they should leave this out and let the participants make up their own minds. Or is an emotional and psychological attack deemed to be good entertainment? And are they really shown only 3 houses, or is the true number heavily edited like the rest of the programme?
Old Jan 21st 2013, 6:47 pm
Longing for something new

AdamL is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm slightly addicted to this programme not for the videos of back home and it is taken with a pinch of salt but just out of curiosity to see some of oz on tv and to look at a snapshot of the different areas.

Anyone know of any other programmes or documentaries that are worth a watch?! Can't seem to find any on the web!
Old Jan 21st 2013, 10:05 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdamL
I'm slightly addicted to this programme not for the videos of back home and it is taken with a pinch of salt but just out of curiosity to see some of oz on tv and to look at a snapshot of the different areas.

Anyone know of any other programmes or documentaries that are worth a watch?! Can't seem to find any on the web!
Phil Spencer's one, although not sure how up to date it is now, but you get a better look at the areas and houses. He also talks more about visas and in most cases, the participants have been here a while.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 11:13 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

We got approached last week by these guys for dong an employment trial with a participant. I politely declined!
Old Jan 21st 2013, 11:18 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

Originally Posted by EvannTel
We got approached last week by these guys for dong an employment trial with a participant. I politely declined!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.