Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by snow-white
uknova is full wont let me sign up signed up for the box but havent got a clue what to do next any help please?

Download this: http://www.bittornado.com/

Then go to thebox and find what you want to download. When you click on the link it will start downloading and save to your PC, then you can either watch it on your PC or transfer it to disc and watch on your DVD (providing you save it to a format that is supported).

Don't ask me about keeping your Ratio right though, as that goes way over my head
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:28 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
Download this: http://www.bittornado.com/

Then go to thebox and find what you want to download. When you click on the link it will start downloading and save to your PC, then you can either watch it on your PC or transfer it to disc and watch on your DVD (providing you save it to a format that is supported).

Don't ask me about keeping your Ratio right though, as that goes way over my head
thank you wend will have a go but probably get kicked off for not downloading enough lol
Old Jan 10th 2008, 6:23 am
Just Joined

eibhlis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
I'm sure you must be able to go thru a proxy server can't you??? LIke ex-pats do when viewing from abroad.
Never thought of that Will try this eve after work!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

UKNOVA only lets a certain amount of users be registered at any one time. Once you haven't logged on for x amount of days it cancels your registration and lets someone else join.

I found late in the evening or very early in the morn the best time to register, but its luck of the draw really.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:41 am
Just Joined

eibhlis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Coppock
UKNOVA only lets a certain amount of users be registered at any one time. Once you haven't logged on for x amount of days it cancels your registration and lets someone else join.

I found late in the evening or very early in the morn the best time to register, but its luck of the draw really.
Thanks for that Coppock. Will give it a go!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DestinationSydney
Im at work all day so am watching the series on www.tvcatchup.com - it was a tip from a posting on here and it is free and works okay!!
Hi!
I joined this site and have successfully downloaded this weeks "Wanted Downunder" so far. Unfortunately it would take about 4 hours to watch one episode as it keeps stopping and starting Anyone any idea on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks, Lynn xx
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
OOPS Sorry I know what you mean.

Especialy as we live in Winchester the number one location to live in the whole of the UK....

Must be because there was only 6 murders within a 3 mile radius that made it top the list.

What was interesting in todays show was the fact that the exact same crimes are just as comon in OZ as they are in UK...Drunkeness, drugs, assualt, Domestic violence, weekends more so as the cop said. Just as I was told about the big cities in Canada suffer the same. Its a shame really.
You're going to get crime whereever there are people I guess. I've found that keeping myself to myself has helped me avoid most of the crime in my area, so just plan to continue. I suppose that at least you'll have the beach to rest your broken jaw on! And hopefully the tan will help hide the black eyes. . .
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

You're going to get crime whereever there are people I guess. I've found that keeping myself to myself has helped me avoid most of the crime in my area, so just plan to continue. I suppose that at least you'll have the beach to rest your broken jaw on! And hopefully the tan will help hide the black eyes. . .
Yep....well in Canada at least i can use snow to put on the brusies instead of frozen peas...

Off to do more ironing and watch todays episode...might give cash in the attic a miss tho.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

"there's nothing wrong with our lives in the UK"

That line is really starting to annoy me. . . .

why even think of moving then?

Maybe it was just for the free holiday???
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:38 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

why go for a big family home straight away??? They have no kids and she doesnt even have a job yet...surely a recipe for disaster
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

"there's nothing wrong with our lives in the UK"

That line is really starting to annoy me. . . .

why even think of moving then?

Maybe it was just for the free holiday???
Think a lot of them only go for the free holiday. Some just don't seem to have really though the decision through properly:curse:
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by perksy
why go for a big family home straight away??? They have no kids and she doesnt even have a job yet...surely a recipe for disaster
maybe they enjoy cleaning . . .

before we all start getting spam off the people on the show - remember not to say anything too negative everyone!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:53 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

oh dear she would get binned if she was my mrs...."you go out to work dear work like a dog while I swan about this massive house all day doing nowt..oh and by the way all your wages will just cover the mortgage" tut tut get off your fat arse love and stop being so deluded life aint always greener....whoops sorry i'm being too negative
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:58 am
is the donut hole

fnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Hi!
I joined this site and have successfully downloaded this weeks "Wanted Downunder" so far. Unfortunately it would take about 4 hours to watch one episode as it keeps stopping and starting Anyone any idea on how to resolve this problem?
Have you really downloaded the videos or are you actually watching it online? I couldn't find any way of downloading it but I watched it online without any problems (home and work).

If you are watching it online then the problem is likely your internet connection. Does other high bandwidth internet stuff have this problem? Try an online broadband speed test (search google). Poor results? OK, a few ideas would be:
Upgrade your broadband
Change ISPs
Get your landline tested and possibly replaced if ADSL
Move closer to your exchange (again if ADSL). But perhaps selling your house to watch a TV programme might be a bit much

If this isn't the cause, its possible you have an under-specified PC or your PC is running lots of other things. I've had this problem but its less likely that the internet being the cause I reckon.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone watch the Perth episode?? Can you remember the name of the area in the "Coast" section?? I want to check out the house's and jobs in that area!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.