Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:46 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Hey what about me?! I already said i agreed with you!!

Not that i am saying that anyone should not be posting or that what is being posted is not valid - but when you read through this thread it just seems a little... odd(?) ... Can't quite put my finger on it...

Maybe it us just us paranoid people!!

Tiggs
Sorry Tiggs, you too, plus a heap more people in my PM inbox. To all the non newbies that can't see whats going on, PM me your address and I will come round and sell you a Kirby Vac.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:07 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to seeing this programme too. I watched No Going Back and Globetrekkers today for about the 10th time!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Sorry Tiggs, you too, plus a heap more people in my PM inbox. To all the non newbies that can't see whats going on, PM me your address and I will come round and sell you a Kirby Vac.
I'm really puzzled as to what your problem is Arkon! So they are plugging the TV show - so what! Not that they needed to as previous experience has shown any show like that gets lots of threads. They've all joined the site and are contributing to it. I'd rather that than blatant spammy adverts.
If you don't like the thread, then don't read it!

Similar threads in the past - which might make interesting reading for newcomers to the site - include anything by Debreeve, who was on a previous show, still posts sometimes, and lives on the Sunshine Coast, especially http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289850

Also
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307029
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275867
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322936

There are others but you can find those yourselves.

All good interesting reading, for viewers and for participants in the show. Bits of bits of and bits of
Old Jan 9th 2007, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm really puzzled as to what your problem is Arkon! So they are plugging the TV show - so what! Not that they needed to as previous experience has shown any show like that gets lots of threads. They've all joined the site and are contributing to it. I'd rather that than blatant spammy adverts.

Similar threads in the past - which might make interesting reading for newcomers to the site - include anything by Debreeve, who was on a previous show, still posts sometimes, and lives on the Sunshine Coast, especially http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289850

Also

All good interesting reading, for viewers and for participants in the show. Bits of bits of and bits of
Pollyana - I dont thing arkon has an issue as such. To be honest when I read the first part of the thread when it first come on I was a bit suspicious too. Whilst I do think its a good thread - having a few newbies all jump on at the same time mentioning a new programme made me a little wary.

I think its because we are all watching out for trolls etc on the site (i am not implying that this is the case.lol!!) but over the time on the forum we become a little wary. I dont think any harm was meant from arkon - just airing their views and checking out they were the genuine article.

This is meant by no means a 'dig' at anyone. Just a suggested explanation of the situation. x

By the way - am glad the newbies are on the forum - its a little more personal isnt it seeing the build up for them as their show is approaching. I have already put it in my planner on autoview for next week and have set it to be recorded for OH (he will be in work). Really looking forward to it.

Anyway folks - said my bit.

Good Luck to all those in the programmes - we would love to do it and were approached by someone to be involved and they took a further interest in us too asking for photos etc...we said it wasnt the right time for us - but they are now interested in when we actually get over there - not sure if its another programme thats coming through the pipeline, but they have kept our details anyway and have asked if they can get in touch just before we move. Hey ho.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:30 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Also

Hi Polly, No problem here, just voicing out loud what a few of us were thinking. It's all a bit weird thats all. They can plug away if you don't mind, I was inadvertantly helping them come to think of it by accidentally bumping it back up top!

So no problem at all, just all a bit unbelievable that's all.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Good, I'm glad you're looking forwards to it, so am I. It's just good to see all the covert advertising working as it should. (Virals the next big thing in advertising)
I think that's an awful thing to suggest, I for one, am not on the programme, I live on a small island on the west coast of scotland, and I've never met a media type person in my lifey!!

so... to whom do you refer? and what makes you say such an awful thing?
and cause upset to so many, innocent posters? :scared:

Bonny
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Good luck to everyone in the programme. Will have to see if I can work out how to set the video to record it as we would love to see it.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:53 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
I think that's an awful thing to suggest, I for one, am not on the programme, I live on a small island on the west coast of scotland, and I've never met a media type person in my lifey!!

Bonny
Yeah right. (there I go again bumping your advert up). I did say if your motives were innocent then fine post away.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:20 am
Just Joined

dr-dak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bonnybute

Bonny
This is one of the reasons why GREAT Britain is losing its shine...Why cant we all just relax and enjoy the show and look forward to living our dreams in the sun without the PC (politicaly correct) attitudes adopted in this country. Why does there always have to be a problem. If we all just relax and concern ourselves with our own sphere of iffluence then we would all be as laid back as our new friends down under!! chill... i too am a new poster and i am not plugging anything...just in case.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:49 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by dr-dak
This is one of the reasons why GREAT Britain is losing its shine...Why cant we all just relax and enjoy the show and look forward to living our dreams in the sun without the PC (politicaly correct) attitudes adopted in this country. Why does there always have to be a problem. If we all just relax and concern ourselves with our own sphere of iffluence then we would all be as laid back as our new friends down under!! chill... i too am a new poster and i am not plugging anything...just in case.
Oh my god! Another one. It's like invasion of the bodysnatchers. I'm only keeping this up because it amuses me, eventually when enough Borg drones create logons and post only in this thread some of the other more trusting people might also start to notice something smells like a drunk clergys cod piece.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:15 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh my god! Another one. It's like invasion of the bodysnatchers. I'm only keeping this up because it amuses me, eventually when enough Borg drones create logons and post only in this thread some of the other more trusting people might also start to notice something smells like a drunk clergys cod piece.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Hi

I'm fairly new, can mirror what someone earlier said about being a bit intimidated to add to a post as you all seem to know each other....

but I have just got to ask.... whats a troll???

cheers,

shelley
Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:24 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheli0508
Hi

I'm fairly new, can mirror what someone earlier said about being a bit intimidated to add to a post as you all seem to know each other....

but I have just got to ask.... whats a troll???

cheers,

shelley
Hey, please don't feel intimidated, as I've said earlier in this thread, we like to welcome new members - we all started feeling the way you do and some of us are still here 4 years later, having made many real and lasting friendships through the forum

As for trolls

Good definition here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

And this is from a previous post by Jonahs_Mummy
"An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He/she tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something I can write that will change them." But a true troll can not be changed by mere words."

We Mods spend a lot of time trying to track and eliminate posts by trolls who come on here specifically to cause trouble, or to post under multiple names, leaving spam and junk all over the forum.

Hope this helps
Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:28 pm
Home and Happy

Arkon, sweetie, go back to your llamas don't you think that by now if all these new posters were the same person then the Mods would have been pressing the ban button?
I really hate to say this as you and I usually agree on things, but please stop being so off-putting to new posters. I suggest you get off this thread and stop being so unpleasant.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:39 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

You just don't like to admit to being wrong, do you, Arkon?

I know "Hoppity" (Jones family) from another board long before they made an appearance here on BE. And B@lDeR$ (Larner family) are real too.

When the programme starts next week, it would be great to chat with the participants on here about it. I just hope you haven't scared them away with your usual spoilsport tactics!

Gina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.