Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by lesleyhunter79
what gets me is that most of us ie (ordinairy joes) would be happy after all the paperwork and the final you have your visa to have a nice normal house nothing too flash a pool would be nice but they seemed to expect the lot and when shown house for loads of money werent impressed but still choose oz
We are the ordinary joes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont really need or want flash!!!!!!!! J and J
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

lol rowing boat we are investing in armbands cant afford nowt else with all these kids x
Is that three of us with a share in the rowing boat???
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:53 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

lol of course but you have to bring your own oars x
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

lol of course but you have to bring your own oars x
Cant use our hands then?????????
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:57 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jackie barden
Hi Jackie,
Could we maybe go halves on the rowing boat, as I doubt if we could afford a whole one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!J x
I've got a dinghy to sell . Not shipping that to OZ.

Got fed up watching Fridays one, they had £400K + he could expect to earn £75K But they every house they looked at they did not like even one for $1.6m. Like other poster said they had lived in OZ before, what were they doing on this program ?
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:58 pm

thats up to you but might take a while to get anywhere lol.
sunshine coast a bit away from goldcoast we could be in that boat a while
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NeilCk
I've got a dinghy to sell . Not shipping that to OZ.

Got fed up watching Fridays one, they had £400K + he could expect to earn £75K But they every house they looked at they did not like even one for $1.6m. Like other poster said they had lived in OZ before, what were they doing on this program ?
dinghy sounds good!!! To be honest I dont think they knew what they really wanted.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

thats up to you but might take a while to get anywhere lol.
sunshine coast a bit away from goldcoast we could be in that boat a while
Saves having to go to work though!!!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:06 pm

were trying to find a normal house with a pool just to rent couldnt afford to buy straight away wouldnt want too anyway fancy buying land doing self build much more rewarding and hopefully u get exactly what you want. dont know if it comes with free dinghy though
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

were trying to find a normal house with a pool just to rent couldnt afford to buy straight away wouldnt want too anyway fancy buying land doing self build much more rewarding and hopefully u get exactly what you want. dont know if it comes with free dinghy though
Thats why you need to be married to a builder like me!!!!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:36 pm

hoy mines a plumber gasfitter how about we go togod coast together and buil a few house ?
lesley
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 8:10 pm
Banned

Assegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
They struck me as a bit too fussy! I missed the beginning of the programme, but hubby told me they had emigrated to Oz before? What was the point of them being on the programme then ?

jackie x
Particularly fussy about houses, yet they came from a pretty modest semi in Luton. Didn't realise dentists were so well paid both in UK and Oz. As well as breaking the family ties, being Asian I think they would miss their community in Luton as well.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 8:45 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=jackie barden;4359241]
Originally Posted by graciebluecat
Hi Gracie,
Hope it all goes well for you, if you dont try you could live to regret. We are moving in June, sold the house etc... etc.... and hopefully will love it and enjoy life in Aus. We are not so naive to believe that all will be fabulous but at least are hoping for a better/ different lifestyle.
Good luck to you, there will always be those who criticise, but its your life!!!!!!!!! Best Wishes J and J
THANKYOU.its nice to hear some positive feedback from someone for a change ,You will be out there living it before me.....goodluck and best wishes to you as well ....keep me informed to how it go's.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 8:56 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Phil & Chele
Hi... I live in Poole and certainly understand where Graciebluecat coming from .. my son was labouring for a building company recently but has since been laid off, the employer has taken on some foreign guy cheaper than the £40 a day he was paying my son.. The Polish are flooding the building trade here but they work hard and cheap, what Company aren't going to use them?? Where we live is a great part of the country if we had the weather here we could live the Australian dream, just in smaller homes ... lol

Anyway back to the thread I missed Friday's WDU, where were they, what was their occupations and did they vote to stay here or move to Oz???

Thanks

Michele
Hi michele, nice to see you posting and what a perfect explanation
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

For one
not everywhere is the same in the uk, I live in the best partof the uk by the beach the jurassic coast, AND near me canford cliffs is one of the richest places in the world to live.....i am not moving somewhere else in the uk, as no where is as nice as the southcoast!!!.....unfortunatley expensive too.for me tobe able to live in oz by a beach for cheaper than i could here sure i willmove.......
I asked how extensive your knowledge of living around the UK is! Where I live is lovely, wealth does not make a place nice to be in. You simply misunderstand reasoned replies!

regarding my mum being yugoslavian and one of the people who have stolen the £5 hr jobs ..I take offence to this..my poor dear mum passed away 7 years ago, and i havefound it hard to live with out her she wont see my kids grow up, thats one reason i am moving a new start.Idont have anything left here for me to stay.
To quote myself "Your Mother is Yugoslavian is she not one of those who've stolen all the £5 an hour jobs?"
Why on earth are you taking offence? I did not say she had stolen anything, you brought the issue of immigrants stealing jobs not me! I don't have any issues with immigrants I appreciate that I live in a World where people can move and ply their trade in other countries to better themselves. You seem to have issues with immigrants who you deem as steaing "our" jobs. This is a very hypocritical view for you to take!

I am not against polish people at all i said they are hard workers but and a big but if you couldnt find a job because they sack all theenglish people to take onpolish that is not right......tony blairshouldntlet this happen...you soundrasistt bringing my mum into the polish thing when she is dead...
You stated that immigrants (named Polish in this) are stealing our jobs and worked for £5 an hour. Just to remind you ----Originally Posted by graciebluecat ,"all the polish have been aloud in and they work for £5 per hour,have taken all our jobs"
Really cheap shot using your mother is dead god knows why you're trying that one!
Polish workers are entitled to work in UK nothing Tony Blair can do to stop it! Unless he decided to take UK out of Europe, which just ain't going to happen!

you are as spiteful person you would be better ofhere in the uk.Dontbother posting a responce i dont want to waistmy limited energy onyou no more
Sorry but your lack understanding has shown it's self as very apparent, as you've really distorted things.
I love living in UK and will also Australia, I will always be better of than you as I appreciate my life more than you do. I will one day move to Australia, won't affect you in any way! Hopefully everyone will be nice to you in Aus.
I do not have an issue with whomever wishes to live in the UK, as long as they abide by the laws and pay their taxes good on em! As one day I hope to "steal some Australians job" or maybe it'll be my job because I got it through impressing at an interview or being the best qualified or the one who will work for the least amount of cash!
As I said I hope you love Australia as you seem as though your world will end if it doesn't work out for you!
Had to reply as don't like having it implied that I'm a racist, simply as you don't understand written text very well!

Last edited by Australia_bound?; Feb 3rd 2007 at 11:24 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.