Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 5:42 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

what did you think of fridays wdu?
thought they wanted a bit too much erm speedboats huge houses and sea view i wish
lesley
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 5:44 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

They struck me as a bit too fussy! I missed the beginning of the programme, but hubby told me they had emigrated to Oz before? What was the point of them being on the programme then ?

jackie x
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:08 pm

they emigrated over 3 years ago but came back as she was pregnant and missing her family.
they had then decided it was time to think about it again as where they lived was getting a bit rough hmm
just thought it was an awful lot they wanted and didnt find but then again couldnt believe it when they chose oz at the end?
]
]
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
They struck me as a bit too fussy! I missed the beginning of the programme, but hubby told me they had emigrated to Oz before? What was the point of them being on the programme then ?

jackie x
Exactly what we thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didnt really make sense.
J and J
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:24 pm

lol it would be nice to go out there mind with £400,000 to spend we can all dream but to want the boat on top bit much
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:27 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

my hubby would be happy just to have a rowing boat!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

I thought it was a bit strange, they seemed to like the UK better at almost everything, and yet seemed to enthusiastically turn the oh-so-important laminate card to oz each time . . .

Didn't realise how much perth has gone up since a couple of years ago when I first started looking!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

[QUOTE=graciebluecat;4358539]
Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Been here over a decade now, been back to south east of England recently, most of my family are there. Love it!

I also hope that you don't go through some of the awful pangs of homesickness, lonliness and feelings of not belonging that some go through.QUOTE

yOU say most of your family are in the south of uk,soundslike you got family to miss then.............I dont have any !!!...yes itis lovley, and damn expensive to live here, and work!!!!!

I WONT get any pangs i have lived here 32 years of my life i want to move, wont miss it and wont miss anyone no one to miss.

am going to see queensland in 3 days i hope i like it.
Hi Gracie,
Hope it all goes well for you, if you dont try you could live to regret. We are moving in June, sold the house etc... etc.... and hopefully will love it and enjoy life in Aus. We are not so naive to believe that all will be fabulous but at least are hoping for a better/ different lifestyle.
Good luck to you, there will always be those who criticise, but its your life!!!!!!!!! Best Wishes J and J
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:31 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by Coppock
I thought it was a bit strange, they seemed to like the UK better at almost everything, and yet seemed to enthusiastically turn the oh-so-important laminate card to oz each time . . .

Didn't realise how much perth has gone up since a couple of years ago when I first started looking!

Perhaps if any of the families dare to choose the Uk overall, they have to pay back their expenses to the BBC
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:36 pm

rowing boat i dont bloody well believe that neither. knowing you you will have him rowing all on his own while you lie on the sunlounger in ya 4 bedroom 3 bathroom mansion
when you planning on going and exactly where you planning on buying the rowing boat from.x
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:38 pm

lol thats a bit cheeky perhaps they dont want to disillusion the rest of the uk by daring to pick uk instead of oz the dream?
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

The dentist guy looked quite frightened when he was put on the spot to employ the dad . . . I thought they'd have chose the UK houses at least . . . they didn't find anything they wanted!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
my hubby would be happy just to have a rowing boat!
Hi Jackie,
Could we maybe go halves on the rowing boat, as I doubt if we could afford a whole one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!J x
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:46 pm

what gets me is that most of us ie (ordinairy joes) would be happy after all the paperwork and the final you have your visa to have a nice normal house nothing too flash a pool would be nice but they seemed to expect the lot and when shown house for loads of money werent impressed but still choose oz
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:49 pm

lol rowing boat we are investing in armbands cant afford nowt else with all these kids x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.