Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 6th 2007, 9:15 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
The reason I have posted here is because in GOOGLE search this is the only site which ref's WDU & as I’m a part of the show I have an interest. By your remark it seems you would be much happier if this forum had no threads?

PS, bit of a poor show from the Beeb, not have a web site to accompany the show
Chill Winston, what was it Shakespere said? "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

If all you newbies in one day are for real then as I said please forgive me, but if not and your the beeb in disguise then shame on you.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 9:21 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
I'm completely baffled, by the negative posts on here, regarding this Thread What's the issue ? the problem? I dont' get it...??

so what's the problem? can anyone explain to me in laymen terms..

please..

Bonny
In short no problem, ignore me, but it did seem very suss that so many new posters should come on in one day and all talk the same subject. To a cynical mind it looked like a planned and coordinated thread with the object of plugging a tv show.

As I said no problem, you can talk about what you want, and for what it's worth I'm looking forwards to seeing the shows. Just all a bit suss still!
Old Jan 6th 2007, 11:24 am
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Originally Posted by arkon
In short no problem, ignore me, but it did seem very suss that so many new posters should come on in one day and all talk the same subject. To a cynical mind it looked like a planned and coordinated thread with the object of plugging a tv show.

As I said no problem, you can talk about what you want, and for what it's worth I'm looking forwards to seeing the shows. Just all a bit suss still!
Hi we are the Jones family on wdu I was the first person to say that we had been on the show, I think It took on of us to do this for every one else to come out I must say I have been sat here waiting for someone else to do it, but as time was ticking on I thought what the hell, I did it mainly because I would like to know if such a programme was going to be on tv as I would have hated to miss it..I know most of us are going through the same emotions, but to actually y do hope you enjoy watching it and look forward to your comments, I must say I am a bit nervous to see myself on Tv as you are supposed to look a little fatter on tv, but as my friend said why worry Sarah you've got wide tv..cheeky ...

Sarah
Old Jan 6th 2007, 11:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon

Lets be honest though Arkon, even if the posters that are on the show weren't posting about it, as soon as it goes on air there would be threads! Happens every time theres a programme like this. The programme would be watched and posted about, and therefore plugged, with or without the newbies!

Personally I think you're all very brave going on national TV like that - I'm far too chicken
Old Jan 6th 2007, 11:36 am
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Lets be honest though Arkon, even if the posters that are on the show weren't posting about it, as soon as it goes on air there would be threads! Happens every time theres a programme like this. The programme would be watched and posted about, and therefore plugged, with or without the newbies!

Personally I think you're all very brave going on national TV like that - I'm far too chicken
ah bless you thanks for that

Sarah Jones family wdu
Old Jan 6th 2007, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Sarah I'm glad you did... as I otherwise wouldn't have known it was on.. and would have no doubt missed it... and being in the final stages of "designated area sponser" application, I'd have been really upset to have missed it...

regarding the point of Newbies.. I have found alot of the threads to be exclusively for people already on the move... or there already, and therefore don't yet mean alot to me, and my family ... when we get the "YIP" then I'll be able to use those other threads to the maximum.... because the're full of amazingly usefull information..

tell me this though... is it wrong for the BBC, ITV or whoever, to self promote? is there any real need? there are so many of us, DESPERATE for the sunshine, and lifstyle.. I would think, it would be, popular anyway.. but I'm only a wee celt, on a frozen windy scottish island.... what do I know.. lol lol lol lol

counting down....

Bonny

p.s. this is my island, link - http://www.pbase.com/zak355/root

it's updated daily, and will be comforting when I leave...
Old Jan 6th 2007, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

I agree with you, i wouldn't have known about the show if it hadn't been posted on here, especially with what time it is on in the morning, i would be out taking kids to school etc.....thankgod for sky+ lol
Old Jan 6th 2007, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Personally I think you're all very brave going on national TV like that - I'm far too chicken [/QUOTE]

Im far too fat - but thats a different thread, If you had a widescreen then you'd be ok

Lindsey
Old Jan 7th 2007, 1:31 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
Hi we are the Jones family on wdu I was the first person to say that we had been on the show, I think It took on of us to do this for every one else to come out I must say I have been sat here waiting for someone else to do it, but as time was ticking on I thought what the hell, I did it mainly because I would like to know if such a programme was going to be on tv as I would have hated to miss it..I know most of us are going through the same emotions, but to actually y do hope you enjoy watching it and look forward to your comments, I must say I am a bit nervous to see myself on Tv as you are supposed to look a little fatter on tv, but as my friend said why worry Sarah you've got wide tv..cheeky ...

Sarah
Is that episode of you guys then related to Tamborine Mountain in any way.....or is that a different show?
Old Jan 7th 2007, 7:41 am
JONES FAMILY

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Is that episode of you guys then related to Tamborine Mountain in any way.....or is that a different show?
Hi we were filmed viewing a property in the Tamborine mountains with remax property in August but I think you must be on about a different show as we have not yet moved out to oz, great place to live though..

Sarah
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

ONE more day, and I can book it onto my sky+...

yeeeehahh

cant' wait to see you guys.. it's gonna be great...
Bonny
Old Jan 7th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

BrisbaneBound2008 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
HI BONNY THANKS FOR YOUR RESONSE, YES I CAIN'T WAIT TO SEE US MAKING A FOOL OF OUR SELVES, BUT HEY IT WAS A FREE HOLIDAY AND WAS GOOD TO SEE THE AREA WHERE WE WANT TO LIVE IN THE WINTER.(WHICH IS STILL ON PARR WITH OUR SUMMER) THE BBC WERE GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH AND WE HAVE MADE SOME GOOD FRIENDS FROM IT. I ALWAYS WATCH (A PLACE DOWN UNDER WHICH WAS FILMED AROUND 2001 SO IS A BIT OLD WHERE RENT & HOUSE PRICES ARE CONCERENED)THIS PROGRAMME HAS HELPED ME THROUGH SOME TOUGH DECISIONS LOOKING AT OTHER PEOPLES EMOTIONS WHEN THEY HAVE MADE THE JOURNEY, SO I CAN ONLY SAY WE WERE OURSELVES ON THE PROGRAMME AND HOPE THIS HELPS OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN THAT WE PROBABLY ALL GO THROUGH THE SAME EMOTIONS WHEN WE ARE LEAVING FRIENDS AND FAMILY
WHERE ARE YOU HEADING?

TAKE CARE

SARAH
Hi Sarah,

We live in Hertfordshire and my husband and I got news just before xmas that our perm residents visa has been granted! What a great present!

When are you guys heading out there? We're planning on final move in May/June 2008, visiting in May this year to do a bit of a reccie mission. Have family and friends there so that will be a huge help!

I am so glad I found this site as you can feel like a fish out of water when your family and friends don't understand why you want to leave and can't get excited about it as much as we are! It so good to read all the encouraging messages in the site!

Will definately look out for the programme!

Cat - BrisbaneBound2008
Old Jan 7th 2007, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
ONE more day, and I can book it onto my sky+...

yeeeehahh

Bonny
LOL me too
Old Jan 7th 2007, 4:05 pm
JONES FAMILY

[QUOTE=BrisbaneBound2008;4256980]Hi Sarah,

We live in Hertfordshire and my husband and I got news just before xmas that our perm residents visa has been granted! What a great present!

When are you guys heading out there? We're planning on final move in May/June 2008, visiting in May this year to do a bit of a reccie mission. Have family and friends there so that will be a huge help!

I am so glad I found this site as you can feel like a fish out of water when your family and friends don't understand why you want to leave and can't get excited about it as much as we are! It so good to read all the encouraging messages in the site!

Will definately look out for the programme!

Hi Cat
We have just had our medicals done so we have to wait for Oz to hopefully grant us a visa as soon as that is done we will be gone. We used to live in Hemel Hempstead Herts but we now live in Dunstable Bedfordshire.
We have 3 boys age 11,8 & 2.5 so looking forward to giving them a better life , they love the outdoor life that Oz has to offer we have been out twice last Christmas and when we done the filming with the bbc so was good to see it both Summer & Winter.

Anyway better go and get the dinner done

Keep in touch

Sarah
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

I would love to do a reality migrate.. it woud be a great way to look back and see how I really coped and how I felt.. leaving everyone I know and love behind... except the wind and rain, won't miss that....

Bonny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.