Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:41 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by arkon
Am I the only one that thinks it a bit suspicious all these new posters coming out of the woodwork on the same day to plug the show they are on?

You are not the only one - i thought the same thing when i read the thread yesterday - but i was too much of a chicken to post!
Now that i can hide behind you i am standing up to be counted!!!

Tiggs
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Personally, we're in the final stages of Visa's Applications too.... and I only found this website by accident, a few weeks ago... THEN ! being on here, I discovered that there was a new programme coming out next week... I love these programmes, I adored the "A New Place Down Under", and am very excited about the "Wanted Down Under", because we can speak to these people, ON HERE!! and share our feelings, with them, and understand how they also felt, going over too.. to be honest, I actually re-recorded the programme which was on at 5.30am this morning, 'a new place down under' seen it hundreds of times, but it keeps me motivated... and spirits up...

WHEN I SEE THAT SUNSHINE!!!! heaven on hearth.... can't wait to get back there...

Bonny

MAKE MORE PROGRAMMES I SAY!!!
Old Jan 5th 2007, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

ozbound! is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, What a breath of fresh air! Me and my Wife search sky tv and record everything remotely related to Oz and thats all mostly 4 years old, Didnt know about this till this morning but now cant wait.
Regards methewife&kids.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 3:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HOPPITY

THE JONES FAMILY
Could you please turn your caps lock off and stop shouting!
Old Jan 5th 2007, 3:35 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
" Paul Larner is prepared to do just about anything to persuade his wife to emigrate to Australia, but she's reluctant to leave her close family network. When they embark on a trial week of living in Perth, Paul discovers that he has a few more difficulties to overcome."

oooooooooh what does that meen? and I was there. lol
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but those of us that have been on the site for a while will remember previous shows like this - and the way they were edited. Not saying that this will necessarily happen with this programme, but I recall previous TV "stars" relating how their experiences were manipulated to make good TV.......... Clever editing can take one comment totally out of context in order to portray the image the programme makers want.
For example, am innocent observation while walking round Coles "oh, this is nothing like Tescos, is it, its lovely to buy your fruit in the greengrocers next door where its fresher"
can become
"Mrs X takes an instant dislike to the Perth supermarkets "oh, this is nothing like Tescos, is it," ...and the rest of the sentence mysteriously vanishes.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 3:53 pm
u only get 1 shot

B@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to all
Angry Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by arkon
Am I the only one that thinks it a bit suspicious all these new posters coming out of the woodwork on the same day to plug the show they are on? If it's all a genuine coincidinki then sorry for the suspicion. BBC should have done a show of our emigration here, that would have put a few people off and made good telly.
The reason I have posted here is because in GOOGLE search this is the only site which ref's WDU & as I’m a part of the show I have an interest. By your remark it seems you would be much happier if this forum had no threads?

PS, bit of a poor show from the Beeb, not have a web site to accompany the show
Old Jan 5th 2007, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

The Bootons is a jewel in the roughThe Bootons is a jewel in the roughThe Bootons is a jewel in the roughThe Bootons is a jewel in the rough

It's quite interesting to see how this thread has developed over the past two days and enjoy the banter from people that have emotional emigration symptoms just like us. We did the show and enjoyed every minute of it and made so many friends that will make our transition that much easier. If the editing portrays the wrong impression then frankly we don't care, were going very soon and we can look back at our experience and have a good laugh at ourselves on the beeb.
We all took part in a bit of tv history and we should be proud of it.

Steve & Jeanette
Old Jan 5th 2007, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi may I say welcome to the site to all of you new posters. Some of us have posted on here for a while. People come and go as they go through the process, some are happy in Oz and some are not We have to appreciate that as people become more settled in their new lives down under that some will not post anymore so new posters (wherever they are in the process) are invaluable but by sharing these experiences we can all learn something - may it be positive or negative.

Me I cant wait for the programme to be on and shall tape it (Not lucky enough to have Sky plus ) - I am sure to be viewed many times. Incidently, I am Lindsey a midwife and hope to be in Adelaide Aug/Sept time with Andy my hubby (nurse) and our two boys aged 2 and 5 - we are currently in a cold Doncaster!

Please keep posting and as I said Previously - WELCOME! - Its very addictive

Lindsey
Old Jan 5th 2007, 5:53 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Bootons
It's quite interesting to see how this thread has developed over the past two days and enjoy the banter from people that have emotional emigration symptoms just like us. We did the show and enjoyed every minute of it and made so many friends that will make our transition that much easier. If the editing portrays the wrong impression then frankly we don't care, were going very soon and we can look back at our experience and have a good laugh at ourselves on the beeb.
We all took part in a bit of tv history and we should be proud of it.

Steve & Jeanette
Well done Steve & Jeanette, I could not of put it better myself, at the end of the day I am sure that some of it will be edited (me hopefully making a fool of myself in the wet suit) I hope they can air brush it like they do in the mags
but any way I am quite a loud person but do have emotions like everyone else which are real and I hope to god they would not edit them!! only we know what happened on the programme and I suppose it will be up to us to comment if we want to.. anyway enough of me..
Take care

the jones family wdu
Old Jan 5th 2007, 8:36 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
The reason I have posted here is because in GOOGLE search this is the only site which ref's WDU & as I’m a part of the show I have an interest. By your remark it seems you would be much happier if this forum had no threads?

PS, bit of a poor show from the Beeb, not have a web site to accompany the show
I love to see all the shows showing potential immigrants looking around/arriving in Australia.

Delighted there is a thread about this programme as I'd heard about it before but didn't have any info on it.

And welcome to the posters such as the Larners and Hoppity and others who will be in the programme as well as now posting here on BE.

Hopefully, when the programmes are shown we can all enjoy them, discuss them, maybe have a luagh at the editing.

Gina
Old Jan 5th 2007, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm most dissapointed that I won't be able to see it over here, I am very interested!

Good luck to all of you who are being featured, it's great to hear that you are all still keen to give it a go too.

Suzi
Old Jan 5th 2007, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

I'm completely baffled, by the negative posts on here, regarding this Thread What's the issue ? the problem? I dont' get it...??

Is it wrong, to want to promote, a programme, you've appeared in... if I was in it, I'd be screaming from the rafters... and I absolutely without a doubt, want to see this programme... and knowing that I can speak to the Family Jones, and all the other Families, is a pure added bonus!! This is truly life changing, not nipping down to the shops and buying a loaf and milk, it's MAJOR LIFECHANGING...

so what's the problem? can anyone explain to me in laymen terms..

please..

Bonny
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

uksniper is an unknown quantity at this point

No matter what anyone says good on you all for doing it.

I hope the BBC give you value for your TV license money.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 12:37 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
I'm completely baffled, by the negative posts on here, regarding this Thread What's the issue ? the problem? I dont' get it...??

Is it wrong, to want to promote, a programme, you've appeared in... if I was in it, I'd be screaming from the rafters... and I absolutely without a doubt, want to see this programme... and knowing that I can speak to the Family Jones, and all the other Families, is a pure added bonus!! This is truly life changing, not nipping down to the shops and buying a loaf and milk, it's MAJOR LIFECHANGING...

so what's the problem? can anyone explain to me in laymen terms..

please..

Bonny
Yeh, me too - I just don't get it? Why not promote that you are in something like that? Good on ya guys. We got interviewed for some thing similar a few years ago - but we were "not a safe bet" as we came with very little money and wanted a career change for Hubby to be the main bread earner. They didn't like that I worked in tv production either, and so they ditched us! (Which is possibly wise as I came over and 1st worked on I'm a Celeb get me outta here - which is on a rival channel!) But at the time, I posted on here to try to find people that had done previous shows, but there was no one around then. TV is cutthroat, harsh, selfish and they will show what they want to show, cover up scandal, edit to make things sound like they have a different meaning. I have since given the industry up as it is a horrid souless industry. But also, from the other side of the camera, for migrants who have no help, it is a great help to lots that can gain insight, information and what would have been in our case - a free flight! lol! And that you know your fiends can watch what your going through and see how it all pans out.
Good on ya's for promoting....if it were me, i'd be proud and telling people too, for others info. Doors of possibility can open with these shows. People like cameras - and it can make the move a little easier to have a crew with you. The others are obviously just jealous of you. Hope I can see it too, I'll try and get my Mum to video and send over.
Good on ya's.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 12:53 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
Well done Steve & Jeanette, I could not of put it better myself, at the end of the day I am sure that some of it will be edited (me hopefully making a fool of myself in the wet suit) I hope they can air brush it like they do in the mags
but any way I am quite a loud person but do have emotions like everyone else which are real and I hope to god they would not edit them!! only we know what happened on the programme and I suppose it will be up to us to comment if we want to.. anyway enough of me..
Take care

the jones family wdu
As you say only you know what happened in the making of the programme, and if they do portray you in the wrong way I hope you will stick around on here and give us the REAL story

As for there being so many posters as a result of the programme - thats great! BE needs and welcomes new members and their views and experiences, whatever the reason for joining us. BE has a media section full of companies looking to do articles or programmes, and its good if the people involved in these programmes pull in more posters for us. I hope all you new guys hang around and share your migration journey with us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.