Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 4th 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
Yeah .... I did that.... lol lol lol lol lol
lol.....Glad it's not just me then hehehe
Old Jan 4th 2007, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

uksniper is an unknown quantity at this point

The series is on from 15 -19 January daily at 0915-1000.

It has just been updated on the BBC website.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 6:30 pm
u only get 1 shot

B@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to all

Thanks to "skye" useful info, it seems as the looney Larner's are up first. The Wanted down under show is starting on the 15th with what looks like an intro to the forthcoming series. With the Larner's program being shown the following day 16th 09:15-10:00 set the video's
Quote Radio times
" Paul Larner is prepared to do just about anything to persuade his wife to emigrate to Australia, but she's reluctant to leave her close family network. When they embark on a trial week of living in Perth, Paul discovers that he has a few more difficulties to overcome."

oooooooooh what does that meen? and I was there. lol

Soon to be national super star Larner http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Old Jan 4th 2007, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Hi Dolly.. yes, I'm also a true brandane... I live in Rothesay... I've attached a link for a website by a local lad, Zak, he updates it with daily images of Bute... enjoy

http://www.pbase.com/zak355/root

Bonny
Old Jan 4th 2007, 6:45 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Bootons
Hi Everyone,

First time on this forum for us..!

We are on the BBC programme featuring Adelaide and I have asked the BBC for dates the programme is due to be shown and will advise accordingly.

We are on our way to Adelaide sometime between April & June and would love to hear from anybody doing the same.

Regards

Steve & Jeanette
HELLO LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE ON TV ON WED 17TH JAN. GOOD LUCK

THE JONES FAMILY WDU
Old Jan 4th 2007, 6:48 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
Hi Bonny sarah and all,
We are the Larner family from Reading who was lucky enough to have been picked for the WDU show. My family & I went to Perth at the end of September 06. WE HAD AN FANTASIC TIME. We are so looking forward but some what apprehensive in seeing the final show. No one like's seeing themselfs in a picture let alone on national TV.
I can only tell you what I have been told by a researcher of the show, when I phoned them just before christmas. The show is to start on the 15th Jan on day time TV (looking at the times of shows at the moment it looks as if 09:15-10:00) BUT WHO KNOWS! I do know it's a 45 min slot with one family per show. At that time the BBC still hadn't made there minds up in what order to show the familys. The insight the BBC gave us whilst we were out in Aussie was invaluable. I can't thank them enough for all the hard work each team member put in.
If you think I have gone on a bit here wait until the show. lol
The larner's
HELLO LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE ON TV ON TUE 16TH JAN. WE WILL BE WATCHING GOOD LUCK
THE JONES FAMILY WDU
Old Jan 4th 2007, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
HELLO LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE ON TV ON WED 17TH JAN. GOOD LUCK

THE JONES FAMILY WDU
What a totally ridiculous time to out it on?? 9am??!! When everyone is out at work.....just encourages skiving!!
Old Jan 4th 2007, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

The following is the description for each episode

15 Jan - Nadia Sawalha presents a series in which British families are given a look at life in Australia ahead of possible migration. (Intro episode)

16 Jan - Paul Larner is prepared to do just about anything to persuade his wife to emigrate to Australia, but she is reluctant to leave her close family network. When they embark on a week of trial living in Perth, Paul discovers that he has a few more difficulties to overcome.

17 Jan - The Booton family would seem the perfect candidates to emigrate to Australia, though mum Jeanette has grave reservations. But when they spend a week sampling the lifestyle on offer in Adelaide, the reality of what they are contemplating hits them all. When it comes to a vote will they choose a future in Australia or stay in the UK.

18 Jan - Stephen Cook has never left his Lancashire home town and has only ever worked for his dad. Now he and wife Nicola are contemplating chucking it all in and leaving their comfort zone for a new life in Australia. But after a week of putting the Sydney lifestyle to the test, will they decide its what they really want for the rest of their lives.

19 Jan - The Dixon family would seem the perfect candidates for emigrating to Australia, though mum Sharon has grave reservations. But when they spend a week sampling the lifestyle on offer in Queensland, the reality of what they are contemplating hits them all. When it comes to a vote will they choose a future in Australia or stay in the UK.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by uksniper; Jan 4th 2007 at 7:15 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 7:07 pm
u only get 1 shot

B@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to all

Thanks to "skye" useful info, it seems as the Looney Larner's are up first. The Wanted down under show is starting on the 15th with what looks like an intro to the forthcoming series. With the Larner's program being shown the following day 16th 09:15-10:00 set the video's
Quote Radio times
" Paul Larner is prepared to do just about anything to persuade his wife to emigrate to Australia, but she's reluctant to leave her close family network. When they embark on a trial week of living in Perth, Paul discovers that he has a few more difficulties to overcome."

oooooooooh what does that mean? And I was there. lol

Soon to be national super star Larner

PS, thanks for your kind words the Jones family, Keeping a close eye on your TV date.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

ha ha ...obviously you must be still keen otherwise you wouldnt be looking on this! so just what did your husband have to do to pursuade you!!
Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
Thanks to "skye" useful info, it seems as the Looney Larner's are up first. The Wanted down under show is starting on the 15th with what looks like an intro to the forthcoming series. With the Larner's program being shown the following day 16th 09:15-10:00 set the video's
Quote Radio times

oooooooooh what does that mean? And I was there. lol

Soon to be national super star Larner

PS, thanks for your kind words the Jones family, Keeping a close eye on your TV date.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 11:27 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if this is the one I want my Mum to see! BBC were up on Mount Tamborine, near Gold Coast, Qld, last year filming with Lane Realty as a couple had moved up here based on what they had seen on Lane Realty's web site. I was interested as this is also what we did, thanks to that web site - which is funny as they are now how we lease our rental from. Also, I wnat my Mum to see where we live, as she's still in UK.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:28 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one that thinks it a bit suspicious all these new posters coming out of the woodwork on the same day to plug the show they are on? If it's all a genuine coincidinki then sorry for the suspicion. BBC should have done a show of our emigration here, that would have put a few people off and made good telly.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by arkon
Am I the only one that thinks it a bit suspicious all these new posters coming out of the woodwork on the same day to plug the show they are on?
I think your suspicions are not valid. The reason this thread is so popular all of a sudden is because its a subject that is going to affect us all in the future or we would not be on here posting and reading.

If your thinking of emigrating to Australia then this TV series will hopefully answer a lot of the questions that are bouncing around in my head. I will definately be setting my DVD to record it.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by uksniper
I think your suspicions are not valid. The reason this thread is so popular all of a sudden is because its a subject that is going to affect us all in the future or we would not be on here posting and reading.

If your thinking of emigrating to Australia then this TV series will hopefully answer a lot of the questions that are bouncing around in my head. I will definately be setting my DVD to record it.
I'll be watching...........a bit green though as we were so near to going .oh well we can live the dream through all the others... good on you all for doing it...we allfelt really weird when they only came to the house to film so goodness know how you guys felt!!
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:28 pm
JONES FAMILY

Originally Posted by uksniper

"HERE HERE" UNSNIPER
I WAS IN THE PROGRAMME AND IT ANSWERED ALOT OF MY QUESTIONS, IT'S GOOD TO KNOW THAT EVERYONE GOES THROUGH THE SAME EMOTIONS WHY ARE WE DOING THIS? IS IT THE RIGHT THING? WHAT IF SOMEONE BECOMES ILL AND I AM SO FAR AWAY. IT'S ALL GONE THROUGH MY HEAD AND I HAVE TO SAY IF IT WASNT FOR PROGRAMMES LIKE A PLACE DOWN UNDER WHERE YOU CAN SEE PEOPLE THAT HAVE DONE THE JOURNEY AND SEEN THAT THEY HAVE THE SAME EMOTIONS AS US I MAY NOT BE SAT WAITING FOR MY VISA RIGHT NOW.

TAKE CARE

THE JONES FAMILY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.