Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
and to quote the guy " more to life than money "
Have the BBC ever heard of Melbourne? Is it going to feature in any of the shows?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:04 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
Yeah , i get the impression they thought they were gonna struggle , , hell if i had 2 cars worth 20K+ each and house worth 500K i would find i could live there very comfy with no mortgage

aaaaaghhhhh !!

is me or what ?
Its not just you, we were thinking the same thing. I like the program and keep on setting the video before I go to work but the recaps are a waste of time when they could be showing so much more of Oz and dont like the emotional bit with family and friends. That logo every 5 seconds is a pain in the ass too.

Moan over.

Would have liked them to do one of Melbourne.

Joex
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with most of whats been said - show is a bit naff but its lovely to see Oz on the tv . Ive been coming home from work and sitting with a cuppa to unwind. Im disappointed they only seem to be showing people who are gonna buy very expensive houses, feel it would be more realistic to show some doing it on a tighter budget.
enjoyed todays show, partly cos it was perth, but mainly cos i thought the family were lovely
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
I agree with most of whats been said - show is a bit naff but its lovely to see Oz on the tv . Ive been coming home from work and sitting with a cuppa to unwind. Im disappointed they only seem to be showing people who are gonna buy very expensive houses, feel it would be more realistic to show some doing it on a tighter budget.
enjoyed todays show, partly cos it was perth, but mainly cos i thought the family were lovely

Thought todays couple would have gone out to Aus even if they'd have hated it!
Couldn't figure out why on earth anyone would want to work minimum 70 hours a week! Would love to know what he takes home at the end of the week! Personally wouldn't work that many hours, but I chose to be a wage slave so I don't need to lol
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daunted
I watched up til the picking bit then had to go out - so how did he get on with the italian butcher ?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Couldn't figure out why on earth anyone would want to work minimum 70 hours a week! Would love to know what he takes home at the end of the week! Personally wouldn't work that many hours, but I chose to be a wage slave so I don't need to lol
i think that can just happen when you have your own business, whether you want it or not
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:43 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
I watched up til the picking bit then had to go out - so how did he get on with the italian butcher ?
I know Matt the butcher from another website I frequent. As soon as he sells his shop in Bedfordshire he is on his way to Perth.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
I know Matt the butcher from another website I frequent. As soon as he sells his shop in Bedfordshire he is on his way to Perth.
Dont blame him - wish them luck
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gidxg03
Have the BBC ever heard of Melbourne? Is it going to feature in any of the shows?
Yeh, I wondered that too! As that's where I'm from & hoping to be back there soon, it would be great to see it! I'd probably just sit & cry for the whole 45 mins anyway, so I wouldn't see much ! lol !
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:01 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've just noticed that UKNova is listing 3 episodes (1 torrent) for 17-19th January for download. I'll give them a go to see what all the fuss is about.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:19 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I've just noticed that UKNova is listing 3 episodes (1 torrent) for 17-19th January for download. I'll give them a go to see what all the fuss is about.
its only OK Zulu, I got cross with 2 of the ones I watched last week.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:33 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Having your own business you can easily work that many hours. And you also come home and talk about it, sometimes it is hard to switch off. So I can really understand where the butcher is coming from. He and his family were lovely. It was so nice to see him get on so well with the butcher he went to work with for the day. I really hope everything goes to plan for them and that they can move to perth and start living their dream soon.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

What has this program got to do with real life?

I though 'A place down under' was naff, but at least it had a bit of excitement!

It seems that this program revolves around people who have a large budget?

Where are the couple who are moving over with just a few grand in their pocket? ie 3-4 months wages.

Where are the couples who are looking to rent rather than buy? Why cant they show you three houses up for rent and their associated costs?

Where are the couples being taken to a mortgage adviser and being shown what options they have and how much they can borrow on 'x' or 'y' salary?

After the second show, I have left it to my wife to confirm that all the other shows are the same.

Relatively cashed-up families coming to Australia.

Boring.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi haven't seen todays episode yet, but I'm guessing the format will be the same as the previous shows. Kinda repetitive. I keep asking myself will anyone vote for the U K? Anyone any thoughts on this?

Donna & Neil
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Donna and Neil - I asked the same question further up the thread and no-one answered! I had a bet with a friend, I said it would be 15 for Aus and 5 for the UK, she said 12/8. Having seen 7 programmes I think its going to be 20-nil to Australia!

Wonder if this will result in a deluge of interest in emigrating.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.