Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 20th 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

withnail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by wardy2
Dont let todays programme put you off the house we have looked at are still cheaper than other areas we have looked at in Brisbane/Perth etc.

Todays show was all negative not sure why and I certainly cant see it being a 20 minute drive to a coffeee shop in Kewarra beach and as for the cost of 2 bannanas well I would rather pay that than £10 + it costs to go to the local swimming pool here when its free there, outdoors to.

I think eventually everything evens itself out.
When was this filmed? IIRC bananas went up in price due to all the crops being ruined in a hurricane.

That Bob guy IMHO was a bit of grump, he found a negative with everything, if I get to his age and am married to woman half my age I certainly wouldn't be that grumpy! CHEER UP GRAMPS!!!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hi Liz

The cost of a pair of bananas for a £1 while sitting on cairns sea front by a beautiful swimming lagoon in the sunshine all for free.

Some people dont know they were born

All my research shows that there is far more affordable housing in Cairns than what was shown were better off without them

Sparky wife you will be more than welcome to join us all in a barbie if you ever decide to make the trip Liz is cooking oh sorry was it Bix I know it was one of you....
Hang on, hang on...I first need to work out how to use the fangled dangled gas barbies!!! Then how to cook the meat, seafood, veggies etc..but we will be having a BBQ. That is a definate. Just need a bit of practice first!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

brucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Have to agree (sorry if the couple are on here), but that wasn't just editing, they both knew from the outset that he wouldn't earn the sort of money he was earning here as a Senior Manager in his family business.

Because of this he didn't really seem to give it a chance, it was very frustrating watching this programme. I really felt sorry for the woman, she so wanted to do make the move.
Ah!! He was so irritating. How did the BBC ever sign this family up for an episode?? So many people with serious ambitions of moving Down Under would have jumped at the chance of having a look before they travel. Yet they gave it to a family, who's husband never had any intention of making the move. The BBC have a cheek asking for licence money when they waste it on an idiot like that.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brucekaren
Ah!! He was so irritating. How did the BBC ever sign this family up for an episode?? So many people with serious ambitions of moving Down Under would have jumped at the chance of having a look before they travel. Yet they gave it to a family, who's husband never had any intention of making the move. The BBC have a cheek asking for licence money when they waste it on an idiot like that.
Would be a bit boring if everyone wanted to move to Australia (also would shut down skilled route very quickly). Said he'd have a look then decide (which he did) better than someone who thinks it must be better and go there blind and find it's not for them for whatever reason
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brucekaren
I agree. I have watched a few of these but you know from the first few minutes that they have no intention of moving.

The only good one was the nurse with the 2 boys.You just knew from the start that she wanted to make a go of it.

Instead of Bob saying well maybe i will follow or else stay here.

love sure is blind if she is with that grumpy git

Last edited by fairwayskid; Jan 20th 2008 at 10:46 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

dogscogs is an unknown quantity at this point

I found those two one of the most unusual married couples I have ever seen, they seemed like friends rather than husband and wife.

Neither seemed remotely fussed at the fact that this might seperate them for good, call me cynical but I got the feeling she was hoping he'd croak it soon anyway .....
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:50 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Its Cairns again tomorrow for those of us headed there! I'm intrigued as to how they're going to show it this time! I thought in our programme they showed Cairns very positively but with the Greaves they showed it very negatively, shame. And yes there is defo houses available under £500k but for some reason they don't show those!

Can't wait for the Cairns barbies!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Its Cairns again tomorrow for those of us headed there! I'm intrigued as to how they're going to show it this time! I thought in our programme they showed Cairns very positively but with the Greaves they showed it very negatively, shame. And yes there is defo houses available under £500k but for some reason they don't show those!

Can't wait for the Cairns barbies!
I agree, theyve really shows Cairns in a bad light, I loved Cairns when I was there, it had a atmosphere and climate and I even went further up for a horse riding weekend and it was stunning.

Only complaint I had was throughout the whole trip around Australia Cairns was the only place I saw a red back spider and a couple of poisonous snakes.

But a lovely place all the same
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:04 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=withnail;5812058]When was this filmed? IIRC bananas went up in price due to all the crops being ruined in a hurricane.
I think it was filmed around Autumn time possibly a little earlier last year

I had heard Cairns was on tomorrow really looking forward to it. There are definately houses under 500K because I was looking at a beautiful 4 x 2queenslander, with huge garden and pool for 450k I would buy it now if I had the money.

It was stunning and there were cheaper.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Sheffman will become famous soon enough

Just seen todays episode, Cairns , I forget the name of the family, the whole programme made me cringe, talk about whingeing poms!
The guy was a fisherman and was like most people moving to Oz for a better family life, then he found out, the boats are out minimum a month at a time, not a couple of days,,surely something he could have found out on the net?
And what a relief, the children were, at least to me, I was wondering if I was right not having any kids, after todays show yeah!!!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:25 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

I turned the sound off and looked at the pretty pictures

Was it odd the format was different they didnt get to go to Australia house maybe the kid didnt want to.

And why did they show all the most expensive houses I think they visit the first 3 that comes out of the EA window.

But cairns did look lovely can't wait.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:26 am
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute

Was today's show a repeat? Different format and seemed familiar maybe de ja vu!
I feel totally irritated by the boy in todays show and TOTALLY irritated by the families at home who cry etc. Not that I am underestimating what people go through, but don't they realise how much people considering emigrating think about them? AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yeah yeah I know, good telly apparently...Maybe I just have PMS sorry folks...now where's the chocolate?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

I liked the Granny bit "when you can afford to you can come home and stay with me, If I am still here". No emotional stuff there then
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:31 am
aka DORIS

Originally Posted by Babycatcher
Was today's show a repeat? Different format and seemed familiar maybe de ja vu!
?

I dont think it was a repeat Cairns didn't feature last year it was all Adelaide, Brisbane and a couple of Perth I recorded them all
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sheffman
And what a relief, the children were, at least to me, I was wondering if I was right not having any kids, after todays show yeah!!!!!
Hi Sheffman,

It's a shame to think all kids are like the one on todays programme! I've had a lot of fantastic rewarding moments with my three and wouldn't be without them!

However the boy on the programme was exceptional, I don't know why they bothered even trying to get him to go to Oz. His mind was made up and it was obvious he was never going to change it.

Lucky escape for the people of Cairns I reckon, which I thought looked beautiful even though I am planning to go to WA!

Dawn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.