Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:45 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As people can see from the post above, families that take part in these programmes are often posters on BE.
Please be careful when you are making comments about the families involved in the filming, and remember that the people concerned may actually be reading your post and may well be fellow BE members.
Good on them all for taking part. We can't condem them on 45 mins viewing & sometimes dodgy editing.
The move to Aus will put a strain on most people as its filled with stress & sometimes disappointment & heartbreak.
For those that choose to make the move the very best of luck & for those that don't then maybe the grass ain't greener, good luck to you as well.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, was odd indeed! I especially liked the bit about expecting a wage of 33k(pounds) for being a naturopath(!) - what a load of mumbo-jumbo. I reckon i'd need a weeks training to be proficient in that

Anyway, don't want to say any more he/she may be lurking
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:57 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR
Saw about 3 minutes of yesterdays show. Saw the couple, and just thought "thats weird emigrating with your granddad "

Suffice to say when the realization that they were married off it went in place of season 2 of Dexter.

Not going to learn anything from that episode!
lol.....that is just so funny!!!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:59 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Good on them all for taking part. We can't condem them on 45 mins viewing & sometimes dodgy editing.
The move to Aus will put a strain on most people as its filled with stress & sometimes disappointment & heartbreak.
For those that choose to make the move the very best of luck & for those that don't then maybe the grass ain't greener, good luck to you as well.
Fair call, and as I didn't even see it I suppose I was being judgemental based on hearsay!! But, it did seem rather calculating!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:02 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by RedT
I would say No given that the location under your profile says Reading!
aha...very clever my dear Sherlock!! Or, is it a red herring??
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I just watched today's on NZ. Despite the featured family being both lovely and sensible. I must say, NZ did nothing for me. I have actually visited the featured town - Rotarua and it was a great place to visit. However, I am so pleased we are headed for Aus.

Did it make anyone else feel this way?

Last edited by Fly Away; Jan 18th 2008 at 12:44 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

We are not interested in NZ at this point in our lives - maybe when we're 50+
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well, I just watched today's on NZ. Despite the featured family being both lovely and sensible. I must say, NZ did nothing for me. I have actually visited the feature town - Rotarua and it was a great place to visit. However, I am so pleased we are headed for Aus.

Hi Fly,
When i 1st told my parents that we wanted to get out of England, her first reaction was" Have you not thought of NZ, if i was a young person now i would definatly head there!"
I totally agree with you i've never been there but this show does nothing to show me that i would even want too!
Its probably lovely but i'm very glad that we a headed for Aus.
Very surprised at the reaction to go, i thought the old man was a bit of a lad and would choose home!
Claire.x
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

zanderman is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I have tried to be open minded about NZ and Oz but I must say that this series has totally put me off NZ!

Really doesnt look like the place for me at all. Weather looks a bit crappy (big part of the move for me is to live a life in the sun), looks fairly dull and I dont think I would have a hope of getting a decent job.

Just got to work out which bit of Oz now.............

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well, I just watched today's on NZ. Despite the featured family being both lovely and sensible. I must say, NZ did nothing for me. I have actually visited the feature town - Rotarua and it was a great place to visit. However, I am so pleased we are headed for Aus.

Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

What makes me laugh about the program is that they give them the option of "City" "Coast" or "Country" and make it sound like they are miles and miles away from each other.

I was watching the one the other day about Napier in NZ and how they were given the three options, and as far as I can remember Napier is on the sea, so you could be in the city and be by the coast at the same time, and you could probably be in the country not long after leaving the city centre why cant' they just say they are giving them 3 options of jobs to choose from, and show them houses in different parts of Napier????

Dolly
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

I think if i smealt the rotten eggy smell i would spew very sensitive smell with a weak tummy lol

Suexx
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
We are not interested in NZ at this point in our lives - maybe when we're 50+
PMSL. Make it 60 and I'm with you.

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Hi Fly,
When i 1st told my parents that we wanted to get out of England, her first reaction was" Have you not thought of NZ, if i was a young person now i would definatly head there!"
I totally agree with you i've never been there but this show does nothing to show me that i would even want too!
Its probably lovely but i'm very glad that we a headed for Aus.
Very surprised at the reaction to go, i thought the old man was a bit of a lad and would choose home!
Claire.x
Hi Claire,

I think the Guy was swayed by the better working conditions for his job and the sort of property they could buy. I bet he's bored rigid there though.....

We toured NZ 15 years ago and it is very beautiful but so quiet. Which is great if you're after that sort of thing. I know a couple from NZ - he's a Maori too - they left at age 20 and so far they have lived in the UK and now live in QLD and say they will never go back because it offers nothing for their children.

Roll on Aus I say.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

alexa7 will become famous soon enoughalexa7 will become famous soon enough

Just read the comments about that couple with young wife and old guy. To be honest i think she just looked really young. I thought she was like 35 when i started watching and then they showed her adult son who was himself about 30 so i'd say she was around 50, just looked young. People are different and some girls prefer older men so who are we to judge? I read the other day that the best age difference for big family/loads of kids/fertility etc is 16 years! (the guy should be 16 years older). I mean i'm 26 and i can easily fall in love with Brad Pitt and he is 18 years older then me...lol..))

Last edited by alexa7; Jan 18th 2008 at 12:58 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Alan- will become famous soon enough

Sorry if already mentioned but:

For anyone interested, it looks like this mornings programme has got onto the BBC Iplayer system, which I think is the first time ??

Hope this helps,

Alan.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alexa7
Just read the comments about that couple whith young wife and old guy. To be honest i think she just looked really young. I thought she was like 35 when i started watching and then they showed her adult sun who was himself about 30 so i'd say she was around 50, just looked young. People are different and some girls prefer older men so who are we to judge? I read the other day that the best age difference for big family/loads of kids/fertility etc is 16 years! (the guy should be 16 years older). I mean i'm 26 and i can easily fall in love with Brad Pitt and he is 18 years older then me...lol..))
i think 60, 70, 80 + years would fall in love with brad pitt, george clooneys not too bad either
just the right age gap for me .....hmmmm.....dream, dream, dream....

Last edited by lolylew; Jan 18th 2008 at 1:01 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.