Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 18th 2008, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC 1 Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008 9:15am to 10:00am
The Warners - Revisited.

Nadia Sawalha catches up with previous Wanted Down Under families. Last year, the Warner family from Oxfordshire were considering moving to Queensland's capital, Brisbane. Bob had been dreaming of emigrating for years, and teacher Libby was wanted down under because of the Australian skills shortage. But teenager Emily was reluctant, to say the least. So 12 months later, where are they now?
Think they have now settled in Adelaide
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:34 am
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

I had to turn the TV off after 10 minutes of yesterdays programme. I'll stop there before my post turns into a rant.:curse:
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

I cant believe yesterdays programme (17th) that couple certainly didnt think much of each other or there marriage!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

i wish we could see the show in oz, i remember last year sitting watching every episode to find out as much as i could while still dreaming of the day we would finally be on the gold coast, now weve been here a few months and it does seem strange reading all your comments on the new show and i cant even watch it. remember when your writing about the people on the programme a lot of them will use this site. and do have feelings too.
wishing everyone all the best with their plans
lesley
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

Well we saw that comming, and by the looks of things she saw him comming too.
I loved the dig he made about desperate dan being as desperate for a Naturalpath as he was a few years ago . (What is one of those anyway ?)
It was the strangest episode of WDU I have seen so far. Cairns looked lovely though.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:54 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtaffy
hi bix..just read that u would like to view wanted down under..just seen this on the tv..its a website that u can view programms from different channels that u have missed....hope this helps.

and hope it helps other peeps down under

p.s u might have to install the software

click on last 7 days

than bbcone

than pick a day

than click on morning

and than wanted down under is there in the boxes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/
Thanks all the same matey
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:47 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

are there any about adelaide?? Would be interesting to watch
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
are there any about adelaide?? Would be interesting to watch
think i read someone say that there was a catch up from adelaide
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:08 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
I cant believe yesterdays programme (17th) that couple certainly didnt think much of each other or there marriage!
My wife was telling me about it yesterday evening and without seeing it I could easily picture a) the woman and b) the reality of their marriage!
He had a c'est la vie acceptance of it all but in my opinion...MUG!!!
What a calculating person she was....fair play...she knew what she wanted and nothing was going to stop her, but being married and having full support while she underwent her studying was crucial to her being where she is now..pity she doesn't seem to remember that herself!!!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paddyo
My wife was telling me about it yesterday evening and without seeing it I could easily picture a) the woman and b) the reality of their marriage!
He had a c'est la vie acceptance of it all but in my opinion...MUG!!!
What a calculating person she was....fair play...she knew what she wanted and nothing was going to stop her, but being married and having full support while she underwent her studying was crucial to her being where she is now..pity she doesn't seem to remember that herself!!!
i dont think it was just her

i think he had a c'est la vie attitude as far as she could do whatever she wanted - & he just didnt seem too bothered as to which option she chose, and vice versa. (obviously a strong bond between them )

it seemed like they were both just happy to do their own thing & live opposite sides of the globe

apart from a few good shows, last years series was much better!!!!!

lisa

Last edited by lolylew; Jan 18th 2008 at 12:31 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:22 am
u only get 1 shot

B@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TJUK
Does anyone know if the BBC or whoever made the programme is looking at a follow up series about how people have settled after their initial show?

Yes is the answer, I was on last year’s series episode 2 “The Larner’s from Berkshire” & we as are the Jones family along with 3 other family’s are on again next week starting Wednesday. It is going to be a recap on last years show followed by a “what are they doing now a year on”. What the Larner’s are doing now is a secret, well until next Thursday anyway. But what I can tell you is & it will not come as any surprise that out of the 20 family’s featured in last years series 17 of them are still in contact with the BBC. All but 2 families have gone to Australia. That’s a high percentage. Are the Larner’s one of the 2 families who have not gone?? You will just have to watch. lol 24th Jan 09:15 BBC1 set the sky+

Last edited by B@lDeR$; Jan 18th 2008 at 11:25 am.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:34 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

I would say No given that the location under your profile says Reading!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

As people can see from the post above, families that take part in these programmes are often posters on BE.
Please be careful when you are making comments about the families involved in the filming, and remember that the people concerned may actually be reading your post and may well be fellow BE members.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:40 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

So don't be honest with your opinion - be diplomatic
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Saw about 3 minutes of yesterdays show. Saw the couple, and just thought "thats weird emigrating with your granddad "

Suffice to say when the realization that they were married off it went in place of season 2 of Dexter.

Not going to learn anything from that episode!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.