Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by isleofmanmike
What I can't understand is how he would get enough points to go as a skilled migrant...he did not have a trade or profession that is in demand....the only visa he could go fior would be an employe sponsored visa, which is a 4 year temporary visa.....has any one got any thoughts on this....
I also said that how the hell is a shop / procurement manager a skill in demand...I'm not up to speed with OZ visa's but I couldn't see how they were going to emmigrate using his job ????

Did anyone else answer the first poster isleofmanmike above
Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zanderman
Doesnt look like it is (had a look at the next week on sky+ and no Brisbane) and there is no Sydney either...........

Must be sponsored by the Oz and NZ government or something as they have all been to places that need more people. (lots of NZ and Perth!)
How inconsiderate!!!!!

I don't want to know about NZ just one day on Brisbane would be nice. Perth is my other destination so at least there has been plenty on there. But its Brisbane I would like to know moreabout - just being impatient!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:49 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Basty
How inconsiderate!!!!!

I don't want to know about NZ just one day on Brisbane would be nice. Perth is my other destination so at least there has been plenty on there. But its Brisbane I would like to know moreabout - just being impatient!!!!!!!!
Brisbane and Adelaide were done to death last year think they are just trying different places except from Perth.

The family who went to Brisbane in the revisited ended up in Adelaide. So you might not see Brisbane at all.

The gold coast is on though
Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zanderman
Thought it was funny that the old boy was constantly saying that they might end up going their separate ways etc, clearly very much in love!!

Was also trying to work out what she saw in him, age difference has never bothered me but she must have been about 70 years younger than him!!
I missed the begining and thought throughout the whole show, he was her dear old dad and I thought How lovely of them to be emigrating together cant leave her father behind AWWW, it was only at the end when Nadia said "I hope this doesnt mean divorce" did I twig, flipping eck!!
Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:53 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike-Ju
I missed the begining and thought throughout the whole show, he was her dear old dad and I thought How lovely of them to be emigrating together cant leave her father behind AWWW, it was only at the end when Nadia said "I hope this doesnt mean divorce" did I twig, flipping eck!!
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

So far the best people has been the girl from Newport wanting to give her 2 boys a better start in life, I really hope she does well, if I go out there Id look after her boys so she could work (Im a child care manager), although didnt like that snooty cow in the hospital saying she wouldnt employ someone they thought wouldnt be able to fit in properly.:curse:

And the young couple going to Cairns they were so lovely, but that guy who worked for his dad and crushed his wifes dreams, horrible guy, he didnt even consider it, eveything was a negative, didnt like the houses (), the job was no good () and the lifestyle wasnt good enough either (:curse why the hell were they on the programme in the first place, that guy had no intention of even giving it any thought, he was in it for the free holiday!!:curse:
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

And the young couple going to Cairns they were so lovely, but that guy who worked for his dad and crushed his wifes dreams, horrible guy, he didnt even consider it, eveything was a negative, didnt like the houses (), the job was no good () and the lifestyle wasnt good enough either (:curse why the hell were they on the programme in the first place, that guy had no intention of even giving it any thought, he was in it for the free holiday!!:curse:[/QUOTE]

Have just literally just watched this episode and in all honesty can understand 100% why the guy wasn't keen.

I think that by working for his father, he was on a very good salary, compared to Aus, and most probably the UK too. Plus, his OH was a SAHM, so he was the only breadwinner. Plus, perks of the job, flexibility with family that you wouldn't get working for non family.

And yet again the Beeb showed the couple TWO properties that were out of their price range. I mean, what's the point??!! I didn't think that the $800000 home was even that nice and wouldn't want to live in it.

At one point the mum said that they wanted to get away from the materialism of Blighty, yet were looking at the houses and being quite vocal about them. What about the shack and the four pack?

Anyhooo, that's my opinion...best choice to stay here, because the dad "is so beyond £25000!"
Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Did you see how upset she was though, thats the sort of thing that splits up marriages.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mike-Ju
Did you see how upset she was though, thats the sort of thing that splits up marriages.
Do you know...I said exactly the same thing
Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

welshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
I wish this was broadcast over here so we could have a good laugh.

hi bix..just read that u would like to view wanted down under..just seen this on the tv..its a website that u can view programms from different channels that u have missed....hope this helps.

and hope it helps other peeps down under

p.s u might have to install the software

click on last 7 days

than bbcone

than pick a day

than click on morning

and than wanted down under is there in the boxes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/
Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

iPlayer is only available for the UK (unless you can spoof your IP address)
Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

welshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by deano66
iPlayer is only available for the UK (unless you can spoof your IP address)

opps..sorry.:curse:.didn't relized that...any where it can be used for those that are still here
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:06 pm
Superhero

The Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really nice

It seems that almost everyone is looking at a drop in wages - and that a lot of groceries and things are more expensive than the UK.

But, then again, a lot of folk who've made the move reckon it evens out.

Maths isn't my strongest point, but it doesn't seem to add up to me.

That seems like a major concern and a huge risk.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Was also trying to work out what she saw in him, age difference has never bothered me but she must have been about 70 years younger than him!! [/QUOTE]

TOTALLY!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:31 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Today's was a bit on the tongue in cheek side....older bloke....really older and younger woman...married she was a alternative therapist of some sort and he was well...retired!

They were looking at Cairns I believe..he said that she may go out first and he "might" follow..Mmm bit strange....

Should have read previous pages...sorry

Last edited by TJUK; Jan 17th 2008 at 9:34 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.