Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Thanks for this information. I have been away for the last 3 weeks in Perth with my daughter and thought it might be useful for her and her husband. They are starting to make friends now.

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
I hope I can help out on this. As you all know by now I was lucky enough to go out to Perth with the BBC last year. The house the BBC rented for the duration of our stay was from “get settled in Perth” Lovely couple, Lyndzey & Ralph. I phoned Ralph up at the beginning of the year and he informed me he was in the middle of winding down Get settled in Perth and moving on to Victoria on the eastern side of Australia. I have just tried their web site but it’s all closed down. So one would guess they have rapped it all up by now. Sorry for the bad news.

I do have some good news THE LARNER’S GOT THEIR VISA’S TODAY
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
:t humbup:
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Thanks for this information. As you can see from the above post, I was really asking for my daughter and her husband. they both work full time, so wouldn't be able to come to a meet during the day. Incidentally we have just spent 3 weeks with them and were in Hillary's Boar Harbour last Tuesday. Great place!

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
If you check out the meet up section of this forum you will see there are lots of get togethers arranged, you could even organize one yourself

There are also a couple of coffee mornings which should start up once the kids are back to school next week. One is a Hillarys on a Thursday from 12pm and will be at the Dome Cafe and there is also one on a Tuesday at 12 at the Boat in Mindarie. They all really nice and friendly and alway welcome newbies.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:11 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtaffy
i posted back last week,above is claire the single mother
She and her boys were lovely. Her 14 year old said he'd been abit bullied at school didn't he? I hate bullies. He is a handsome young boy so will probably have all the girls after him when he starts his new school. I wish them all the very best of luck.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Has Foxy Ruth been on again?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:51 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tartankoala
Who is Foxy Ruth?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tartankoala

they were repeated on 21st feb
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 2:34 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by lolylew
they were repeated on 21st feb
I'm in Perth so I've only seen what a kind member downloaded for me.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

cj321 will become famous soon enoughcj321 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
The person she is referring to was in episode 7 this year.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:41 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by cj321
The person she is referring to was in episode 7 this year.
I'll have to look back on the dvd's you sent to me, I didn't really take much notice of their names. Thank you again.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

probably one of the only two or three worth watching, so if you can try & see that one. its in cairns, ruth & adam who had recently got married, shes a member of this forum.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:29 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by lolylew
probably one of the only two or three worth watching, so if you can try & see that one. its in cairns, ruth & adam who had recently got married, shes a member of this forum.
Is that the girl with the long blonde hair and he is tall and slim with darkish hair? If so, I couldn't believe they'd been sent to Cairns! I would have thought a young couple would have been much better off somewhere with abit more life. They seemed a very nice couple though, so I hope whatever they do, it all works out for them. What's her username?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

welshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Thank you for your kind comments. We were worried about how we'd come across because after all they show 45 minutes but take over 200 hours of footage and sooo much was left out/edited out!

We were very lucky to be given the opportunity to go and revisit Cairns and answer all the questions we had regardng the move, believe me when I say we have researched this pretty damn well, my note taking is legendary! We now have our visas and once the house is sold we'll be moving to Cairns, much to the disappointed of my boss who keep trying to bribe me to stay, yes I do work too! They showed all the lovely negative aspects of work in Cairns for marine bios, what they didn't show was that last time I was in Cairns I worked as a marine bio on one of the boats, I got the job within 24 hours of being in Cairns and I got paid more than Adam so that is what I'm planning on doing again. It is great knowing that Adam already has a job lined up for when we arrive and it takes the financial pressure off.

We so fell in love with the first house largely because it was so much more beautiful that we thought we'd ever afford so to be told we could was great, we actually saw another mortgage advisor when we were out there, they didn't show that either, you said my work on the boats without a contract was fine, phew! They pretty much don't do small houses out there so why not stetch yourselves and get the best that you can afford? The one in Yorkeys Knob was really down, they didn;t show the half of it, we were told it would cost at least $100k to do it up which would make it more expesive that the second house that was brand new so why would we go for that! Initially Yorkey's Knob was where we wanted to go but the flight path put us off as there were planes over head every 15-20 mins and were too loud for my liking but other than that its gorgeous but well probably go with Kewarra Beach and build our own home as its cheaper!

Finally there is nothing wrong with our lives in the UK but we know that we can improve our lives, lifestyle and future for our foxcubs by moving to Oz, so why would not want to do it?

Thanks again for all your support and I hope you all have successful moves and fantasic lives down under

Ruth & Adam
xxxx
this is foxyruth n adam above
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:01 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Is that the girl with the long blonde hair and he is tall and slim with darkish hair? If so, I couldn't believe they'd been sent to Cairns! I would have thought a young couple would have been much better off somewhere with abit more life. They seemed a very nice couple though, so I hope whatever they do, it all works out for them. What's her username?
Hiya

Yup that's us! We missed the repeat! We choose to go to Cairns coz we loved it there when we were travelling and are moving out in June, we love the relaxed lifestyle and so much to do and the beaches aren't bad either!

PS anyone want to buy our house??? Pretty please??!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:53 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Hiya

Yup that's us! We missed the repeat! We choose to go to Cairns coz we loved it there when we were travelling and are moving out in June, we love the relaxed lifestyle and so much to do and the beaches aren't bad either!

PS anyone want to buy our house??? Pretty please??!!!
Ah yes, I can see it's you now. You both came across so well on the programme and I had no idea you could choose where to go in Oz. You appeared to have a really positive attitude and of course it stood out a mile how in love you both are. I wish you heaps of luck and really hope it all turns out well for you both.

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Mar 3rd 2008 at 8:56 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:29 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Ah yes, I can see it's you now. You both came across so well on the programme and I had no idea you could choose where to go in Oz. You appeared to have a really positive attitude and of course it stood out a mile how in love you both are. I wish you heaps of luck and really hope it all turns out well for you both.
Thank you that's really sweet of you. Lots of luck with your move too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.