Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Does anyone know if this will be an 'evening time' viewing slot, or a 'daytime' programme...

Bonny
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 7:12 pm
u only get 1 shot

B@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to all
Wink Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
Does anyone know if this will be an 'evening time' viewing slot, or a 'daytime' programme...

Bonny

Hi Bonny sarah and all,
We are the Larner family from Reading who was lucky enough to have been picked for the WDU show. My family & I went to Perth at the end of September 06. WE HAD AN FANTASIC TIME. We are so looking forward but some what apprehensive in seeing the final show. No one like's seeing themselfs in a picture let alone on national TV.
I can only tell you what I have been told by a researcher of the show, when I phoned them just before christmas. The show is to start on the 15th Jan on day time TV (looking at the times of shows at the moment it looks as if 09:15-10:00) BUT WHO KNOWS! I do know it's a 45 min slot with one family per show. At that time the BBC still hadn't made there minds up in what order to show the familys. The insight the BBC gave us whilst we were out in Aussie was invaluable. I can't thank them enough for all the hard work each team member put in.
If you think I have gone on a bit here wait until the show. lol
The larner's
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice

Sounds fantastic.

How did you find out about the chance to be on the show?
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 7:38 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wigan Warrior
Sounds fantastic.

hello we were contacted through our migration agent

take care
the jones
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 7:57 pm
u only get 1 shot

B@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wigan Warrior
Sounds fantastic.

It's funny as some months before we had tryed looking to see if any TV channels where doing a program of this nature but had no joy. Then like the Jones we had an email from our migration agent. So we replyed to the e-mail & the rest is history.

Larner's
Old Jan 4th 2007, 10:59 am
Just Joined

The Bootons is a jewel in the roughThe Bootons is a jewel in the roughThe Bootons is a jewel in the roughThe Bootons is a jewel in the rough

Hi Everyone,

First time on this forum for us..!

We are on the BBC programme featuring Adelaide and I have asked the BBC for dates the programme is due to be shown and will advise accordingly.

We are on our way to Adelaide sometime between April & June and would love to hear from anybody doing the same.

Regards

Steve & Jeanette
Old Jan 4th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

You Guys, make me soooooooo "excited" this is truly amazing, we're going to be able to watch you get to your 'Dream' destination' and WE'LL all be with you...

I keep checking my SKY schedule to try and programme the dates and times, for recording, hubby works away, so need him to see it when he comes home...

sounds like it may be on 'early doors', so will record accordingly, and watch during the evening...

I'm so motiviated by all this great news... can't wait to hear about our Visa's either... :scared:

Bonny
Old Jan 4th 2007, 11:41 am
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

You Guys, make me soooooooo "excited" this is truly amazing, we're going to be able to watch you get to your 'Dream' destination' and WE'LL all be with you...

I keep checking my SKY schedule to try and programme the dates and times, for recording, hubby works away, so need him to see it when he comes home...

sounds like it may be on 'early doors', so will record accordingly, and watch during the evening...

I'm so motiviated by all this great news... can't wait to hear about our Visa's either... :scared:

Bonny

AHH BLESS YOU BONNY
I HAVE EMAILED BBC TODAY & THIS IS RESPONSE
Hey Sarah!

Happy new year from all of us too!

Great news about the medicals, hope they go well for you all. From today, I'm actually on another series called......... but will still be your contact for WDU. They like us to multi-task around here!

The series starts on Jan 15th. It's still manic here as editing continues and Lonon change their mind about transmission orders so I will send you your date as soon as it's confirmed. It won't be in the first week though. I'm hoping to get the programme mentioned on BBC Breakfast on Jan 15th too so watch that as well!

Take care,

Cx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Jan 4th 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Brilliant Sarah.... it's brilliant....

thank you for that info....

Bonny
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Will look out for the programme

Did anyone see the programme on over Christmas on Sky3 I think? It was called something like 'Grans on a year off' basically it followed a few older Aus citizens driving right round Australia most had never been far at all. It was lovely to see the scenery and amazing to watch one lady in particulary doing it on her own.

It was probably an old programmed, but I'd never seen it before and enjoyed it.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

this is a very interesting thread . thanks to all who have contributed & good luck to all .

can't wait for the show
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:39 pm
skye

Searched on the Radio Times web site - to be shown on BBC 1
Monday 15th January 0915 - 1000
Tuesday 16th January 0915 - 1000
Wednesday 17th January 0915 - 1000

Set your DVD Recorders or Videos!!!

Old Jan 4th 2007, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

Just tried to set it up to record on my sky planner but it will only go up to the 11th Jan so will have to patient a little bit longer to set it up
Old Jan 4th 2007, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tweenies
Just tried to set it up to record on my sky planner but it will only go up to the 11th Jan so will have to patient a little bit longer to set it up

Yeah .... I did that.... lol lol lol lol lol
Old Jan 4th 2007, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah .... I did that.... lol lol lol lol lol
Hello Bonnybute

Just noticed where you come from. Where in Bute are you from, my mum is from Rothsay, spent a lot of good holidays there as a kid.

Looking forward to the programme as well, addicted to any kind of australian programme at the moment, of course.!

Dolly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.