Bank balance

Old Jun 9th 2002, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

izzyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank balance

Hi folks!
Should there be evidence that I have a certain amount of money saved up (supposedly for a return air fare) in a savings account for a PR visa application?

Sorry for all the questions, I am now gathering all information together and now have lots to check up on!

Izzy
Old Jun 9th 2002, 4:43 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bank balance

There was a section on the form asking "how much wonga are you bringing?" We just guessed what we'd have by then (house+2 cars+savings) multiplied by 2.75 (oh god have you seen the FX rate today?) and stuck that down.

No proof was asked for.

Mouse
Old Jun 10th 2002, 11:20 am
Michael Morahan

izzyk <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi folks! Should there be evidence that I have a certain amount of money saved up
    > (supposedly for a return air fare) in a savings account for a PR visa application?
    >
    > Sorry for all the questions, I am now gathering all information together and now
    > have lots to check up on!
    >
    > Izzy

No, you get asked how much you expect to take, but you don't have to prove it. Given
the fact that it can take months to land a first job, you should be indicating that
you have enough wedge to provide for yourself for quite a while.

Michael

Old Jun 10th 2002, 4:34 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

<grin> you don't have to show sufficient money to purchase a ticket home if you apply for PR. That usually applies to tourists, so as to satisfy the immigration officers that you do *not* intend to stay permanently in the country!

You do, however, need to bring along a sensible amount of money to tide you over the potential period of time when you are searching for a job, unless you already have that waiting for you there.

Cheers,
Peter

Originally posted by izzyk
Should there be evidence that I have a certain amount of money saved up (supposedly for a return air fare) in a savings account for a PR visa application?