Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Jul 31st 2004, 7:27 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by SteveBannister
LOL...Glad to see that you've moved on from Fatal Attraction to The Godfather! Keep away from the rabbits in the pet store, though. (Not sure I like the way Warren has moved closer to Essex, either. Getting very nervous now!)

Brilliant posts though Jill, keep them coming.

Steve.

Yes Steve......just exactly which street was it !!:scared:

Warren

Old Jul 31st 2004, 7:40 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Yes Steve......just exactly which street was it !!:scared:

Warren
lol...Wll you still be here for the Essex meet in Sept? Might see you there.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 7:55 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by SteveBannister
lol...Wll you still be here for the Essex meet in Sept? Might see you there.
hi, Yep, my contract is until the end of October at the mo but they want me to stay until next May. This is obviously hinged on whether the house sells or not.

I will definately be at the Essex meet and am really looking forward to it. I would have gone to the Cambridge one but I haven't been "home" up North since before we went to Oz. The stack of mail was quite awesome !!

Warren
Heart in Perth, Body in County Durham, head someone where the sun doesn't shine today !!

Old Jul 31st 2004, 8:29 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

hi, Yep, my contract is until the end of October at the mo but they want me to stay until next May. This is obviously hinged on whether the house sells or not.

I will definately be at the Essex meet and am really looking forward to it. I would have gone to the Cambridge one but I haven't been "home" up North since before we went to Oz. The stack of mail was quite awesome !!

Warren
Heart in Perth, Body in County Durham, head someone where the sun doesn't shine today !!

Bloody hell you 2, This is really sad but I actually just cried at Warrens post with the I wanna be in Perth and the sad face.

Jill your posts are fantastic and i'm sure i'm not the only one reading them almost living there with you feeling that we are kinda part of it (sh*t i'm sounding like a stalker) But for Warren to read them must be sooo weird, you really are his family and it must be so hard not being able to share all these moments together

Really hope that the house sells 2day and you are able to re-unite very soon.

Tempted to have a whip round and buy the house off you so you can be together.

Kala
Old Jul 31st 2004, 8:42 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by kala
Bloody hell you 2, This is really sad but I actually just cried at Warrens post with the I wanna be in Perth and the sad face.

Jill your posts are fantastic and i'm sure i'm not the only one reading them almost living there with you feeling that we are kinda part of it (sh*t i'm sounding like a stalker) But for Warren to read them must be sooo weird, you really are his family and it must be so hard not being able to share all these moments together

Really hope that the house sells 2day and you are able to re-unite very soon.

Tempted to have a whip round and buy the house off you so you can be together.

Kala
Thanks Kala,

I'll definately buy you that beer when we eventually meet up with all our rellies in the cValley Tavern one weekend !!

Just seen Jill and Midge on the webcam. Its a bit slow as they are only on dial up until October but it was so nice to see them.

Sound like the poo machine is in full speed mode and is generating work for Jill as fast as she can mop it up......she can't say I didn't warn her !

Warren

Old Jul 31st 2004, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks Kala,

I'll definately buy you that beer when we eventually meet up with all our rellies in the cValley Tavern one weekend !!

Just seen Jill and Midge on the webcam. Its a bit slow as they are only on dial up until October but it was so nice to see them.

Sound like the poo machine is in full speed mode and is generating work for Jill as fast as she can mop it up......she can't say I didn't warn her !

Warren
Warren
Make sure that you bring a piccie of the girls and the rat to the essex meet.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 8:49 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by debsy
Warren
Make sure that you bring a piccie of the girls and the rat to the essex meet.
hi Deb

Will do !

Old Jul 31st 2004, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

hi Deb

Will do !
I will bring you a box of turkish delight to cheer you up. It might pull your fillings out though
Old Jul 31st 2004, 8:51 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Thanks Kala,

Warren
Any excuse for a bevvy or 2 we're flying out in 2 weeks for my validation and to hopefully buy a business so i'l make sure they have some decent beer in for your arrival

Kala
Old Jul 31st 2004, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy Birthday Little'un!!
Love the name of the new arrival.
Have a good birthday.

(Here's hoping that the house sells today!!)
Old Jul 31st 2004, 10:45 am
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Hope everything goes well with the viewings today. everything is crossed for you.

Great to hear little'un loved the new arrival, it bought a tear to my eye.

Michelle
Old Jul 31st 2004, 11:59 am
Go Banana's !!

Another update 31st July

Gald you all can have a nice chat together, you wanna be where I am, knee deep in runny puppy poo. The poor little guy is scared witless, must know my reputation with rabbits, hey Steve

I have requested a picture of my idol from the Essex meet , so don't be shy.

Just so you know our littlen's family nik name is Midge and as Warren has blown her cover I may aswell use it too.

I have developed an uncontrolable urge to bite all my nails off and have been left on my own with the little guy as Midge has buggared off to see Shrek!. Her last words out the door were "You will look after Smudge for me - won't you Mum?" Don't worry, I know she's turned seven, but she hasn't gone on her own, Warren's cousin has taken her.

Smudge is asleep at the mo, and I would kill for a breezer, but drank my weeks ration by Monday!! - This is going to sound really pathetic, but I really enjoy writing to you guys, like therapy- a sort of brain dump, weighs all of a gram.

Think the pet shop conned me big style - now there's a suprise, saw me coming. Wazza, no "I told you so's" or there will be a cyber slap on it's way and not of the kinky variety.
Sold me this revoulting hormone spray that is supposed to sent where they pee. Worked out early on, that they do that themselves durrrrr......... and I did get some pads, like a square nappy and he's used it most of this afternoon. So plan on taking the spray back - like I'm going to get a refund, but one can try - rather smell puppy wee, than that hideous stuff, it was $30 !!!! I must start to look at prices when I buy stuff, something I really need to get my head around.

I feel like I did when I first got Midge home from hospital, sort of like a rabbit caught in head lights (all nails are now bitten off - just couldn't help it) as least me tits aren't sore, christ that was pain like I've never known...........

Can't imagine I'll sleep well, or if I do I'll have nightmares about piles of cr*p the size of termite mounds, like the ones you see on the Discovery Channel.

Moving on BIG THANKS to Mairi and Chris for sending Midge a Birthday card, she was really chuffed. Her words "Wow that's kind, they don't know me that well" Not sure she did it right with the answerphone as I spoke at the end - but she left a message.

Don't worry I won't be updating everyday, it's just that alot has happened in a short space of time. I'll update as and when.

Jill

PS. ever looked at you life and you don't recognise any part of it? welcome to my world

Old Jul 31st 2004, 12:21 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

I'm more worried that you might NOT update every day, This has taken over my need to read Dear Deirdre's problem page replies in the sun on a daily basis.

Keep em coming Jill

Kala
Old Jul 31st 2004, 5:35 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: A viewing at last !!!

Originally posted by bundy
Ok, still crossed. No blood circulating round my body at all, but if it helps, I'm happy to do it!

Keep us posted (as if you wouldn't )

Hi all,

Update on the viewings.....

First lot due at 2pm postponned due to a family crisis....yeh right !! Told the agent that they would definately make anothr appointment in the week.

2nd Viewing looks more promising. They just left and said they loved the place and it was just what they were looking for and that they would like to go away and have a chat but would almost certainly be back for another look ? Anyway, I've heard all this before but for now Bundy you can uncross your legs !!

More updates as they happen Live from Banana's HQ in the UK.

Warren
Perth in heart but not in body......buy my house someone NOW !!

Old Jul 31st 2004, 6:27 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A viewing at last !!!

Hi all,

Update on the viewings.....

First lot due at 2pm postponned due to a family crisis....yeh right !! Told the agent that they would definately make anothr appointment in the week.

2nd Viewing looks more promising. They just left and said they loved the place and it was just what they were looking for and that they would like to go away and have a chat but would almost certainly be back for another look ? Anyway, I've heard all this before but for now Bundy you can uncross your legs !!

More updates as they happen Live from Banana's HQ in the UK.

Warren
Perth in heart but not in body......buy my house someone NOW !!
2nd one sounds promising Warren. I'm prepared to do a tag-team with Bundy on the crossing thing (oo-er!) if it'll help.
We had one like your first viewer too, still waiting. Not that we care anymore, accepted an offer 10 days ago anyway!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.