Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Aug 6th 2004, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
I'm thrilled for you too.

BTW - The Mud Pie from the Cheesecake Company for littlen's birthday was stunning forgot to mention that

Jill

I love the pavlova cases you can get from the Cheesecake Company...take them home, put the cream on and decorate with fresh fruit...they are lovely...
Old Aug 6th 2004, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

I now follow 3 soaps, Coro, Eastenders and the Bananas !!!
I enjoy reading your exploits but the thing I admire about you most is how you cope being apart from the other 'arf. I dont want to sound a sad git but if me and the "growler" (term of endearment!) spend one night apart we are in pieces. So good luck to you and I'll have to teach the missus the trick of flashing over the web cam !!
Old Aug 6th 2004, 2:01 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by eintracht
I now follow 3 soaps, Coro, Eastenders and the Bananas !!!
I enjoy reading your exploits but the thing I admire about you most is how you cope being apart from the other 'arf. I dont want to sound a sad git but if me and the "growler" (term of endearment!) spend one night apart we are in pieces. So good luck to you and I'll have to teach the missus the trick of flashing over the web cam !!

It's probably years of being an only child of a single parent, you learn to play with yourself.......... need to find where I can bulk buy AA batteries.

I've actually suprised myself, but for littlen's sake I have to stay on top of things (that doesn't mean shaggin' the Foxtel man - although he was rather cute )

I love Warren dearly, but I lived on my own for 3 years before I met him, kissed alot of frogs and then I met my prince (there really should be a vomit smilie ) so you kinda get used to it.

I'm on a mission to prove I can do this 'cos his Mum thinks I'll come back

Jill

Old Aug 6th 2004, 2:23 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

It's probably years of being an only child of a single parent, you learn to play with yourself.......... need to find where I can bulk buy AA batteries.

I've actually suprised myself, but for littlen's sake I have to stay on top of things (that doesn't mean shaggin' the Foxtel man - although he was rather cute )

I love Warren dearly, but I lived on my own for 3 years before I met him, kissed alot of frogs and then I met my prince (there really should be a vomit smilie ) so you kinda get used to it.

Jill
Talking of playing with yourself, how did you go with gettting the Rabbit over there???

Went to a party last weekend and treated myself to the new upgraded lop eared variety and am now a bit worried bout it being confiscated as I have grown rather attached with the hubby working the late shift and all.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Jill

Hey if anyone can do it you most certainly can.When the mother-in-law's involved-well, us girls have just gotta prove them wrong,RIGHT

Your doing a great job-but shagging the foxtel man might be going a little too far
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

You go girl!
you will do good,especially if youve got a little pink jessica rabbit to keep you company
donna
Old Aug 8th 2004, 11:47 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

8 th July

Oooh this is a bit groovy hey? bit wierd trying to find my way round but mananged - bit like Perth really . Must be 'cos I'm on dial up it won't let me use all the smilies anyway onto the next installment.

Get the flags out, my hair is booked for Monday - Smudge will just have to starve, I'm having my hair done and a facial :scared: .

Can't remember whether I told you, but I was a 30 mins late for Midges swimming on Friday - sorry think I did.

Saturday was gymnastics and I stayed and watched instead of trolling off to the shops. Got talking with a really nice MARRIED man- before you all shout at me. Put my foot well and truely in it, as it turns out he's a teacher the school littlen's Headmaster said was the pits how bad did I feel. He thought it was really funny and agreed it was the pits.

In the arvo took littlen' to about 5 parks in our area, she cycled and I puffed behind. At each stop I sat and read my book and she played it was lovely. Left Smudge with the washing machine on again to get him used to it and he was prompty sick again. Oh god ! I can't afford a dog therapist. Has anyone else ever noticed if you split the word therapist up its 'The rapist' :scared: , does this sort of thing only go on in my warped mind? - don't answer.

Today we went to the Malaga Markets like going back in time 20 years to Birkenhead Market - this is a pastime for many Aussies and the place was packed. We didn't stay long as Midge said the place stunk of fish and dog food!! They do shows on friday night for the children so may go back one night. This arvo went to Hillarys - man it was packed with poms!!!!! even though it's only 17 degrees, sunny but a bit chilly. Had a lovely afternoon. Midge went on the trampolines and then had a paddle - mad girl. The we had a icecream.

The weekends are the hardest to cope with without Warren. I have the utmost admiration for any single parents out there, as that's what I feel like at the mo and it just seems that little bit harder to get out there and do something. When I get my act together I will pack us a picnic and maybe go to Kings park. We have only scratched the surface, but like anywhere, when you are put on the spot it's hard to think of things to do. Promised I'd take her to the Aquarium next weekend. Plus the fact we have to be back at lunchtimes to feed the mut!

Tommorrow is hairday and Tuesday going round to cousins as she has complained she hasn't seen much of me, as I've been busier than her. Tuesday is puppy training :scared: . The rest of the week I have pretty covered too and will tell you all about it as and when it happens.

Take care guys and well done to the guys who upgraded the site, very smart

Jill

Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
8 th July

Oooh this is a bit groovy hey? bit wierd trying to find my way round but mananged - bit like Perth really . Must be 'cos I'm on dial up it won't let me use all the smilies anyway onto the next installment.

Get the flags out, my hair is booked for Monday - Smudge will just have to starve, I'm having my hair done and a facial :scared: .

Can't remember whether I told you, but I was a 30 mins late for Midges swimming on Friday - sorry think I did.

Saturday was gymnastics and I stayed and watched instead of trolling off to the shops. Got talking with a really nice MARRIED man- before you all shout at me. Put my foot well and truely in it, as it turns out he's a teacher the school littlen's Headmaster said was the pits how bad did I feel. He thought it was really funny and agreed it was the pits.

In the arvo took littlen' to about 5 parks in our area, she cycled and I puffed behind. At each stop I sat and read my book and she played it was lovely. Left Smudge with the washing machine on again to get him used to it and he was prompty sick again. Oh god ! I can't afford a dog therapist. Has anyone else ever noticed if you split the word therapist up its 'The rapist' :scared: , does this sort of thing only go on in my warped mind? - don't answer.

Today we went to the Malaga Markets like going back in time 20 years to Birkenhead Market - this is a pastime for many Aussies and the place was packed. We didn't stay long as Midge said the place stunk of fish and dog food!! They do shows on friday night for the children so may go back one night. This arvo went to Hillarys - man it was packed with poms!!!!! even though it's only 17 degrees, sunny but a bit chilly. Had a lovely afternoon. Midge went on the trampolines and then had a paddle - mad girl. The we had a icecream.

The weekends are the hardest to cope with without Warren. I have the utmost admiration for any single parents out there, as that's what I feel like at the mo and it just seems that little bit harder to get out there and do something. When I get my act together I will pack us a picnic and maybe go to Kings park. We have only scratched the surface, but like anywhere, when you are put on the spot it's hard to think of things to do. Promised I'd take her to the Aquarium next weekend. Plus the fact we have to be back at lunchtimes to feed the mut!

Tommorrow is hairday and Tuesday going round to cousins as she has complained she hasn't seen much of me, as I've been busier than her. Tuesday is puppy training :scared: . The rest of the week I have pretty covered too and will tell you all about it as and when it happens.

Take care guys and well done to the guys who upgraded the site, very smart

Jill
Hi Jill
Hope that you had a great weekend. Come on now let us have a piccie of the new hairdo
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:34 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

We're online!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!

Great stories Jill, will be doing similar!

Hope the salon was good!

See you Thursday then! (unless I'm working Got an interview tomorrow at a bakery. Nice simple job to start me off! )
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:08 am
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Simone
We're online!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!

Great stories Jill, will be doing similar!

Hope the salon was good!

See you Thursday then! (unless I'm working Got an interview tomorrow at a bakery. Nice simple job to start me off! )

Hoi Simone!

Thought you'd disappeared ... LOL
Anyway, good to have you back online. Hope all is well.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:20 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sander
Hoi Simone!

Thought you'd disappeared ... LOL
Anyway, good to have you back online. Hope all is well.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow!
HEy!

I just wanted to reply to your 'Quokka' post on xpdite!
We're making a Dutch website with our adventures, so....
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:33 am
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

HEy!

I just wanted to reply to your 'Quokka' post on xpdite!
We're making a Dutch website with our adventures, so....
Hehe, isn't he (or she?!) cute!
Making the web-site in Dutch?, mainly for family I suppose...
I got that complaint here when I made a very (very) basic web-site about our trip to Aus...'why is it in english' and can't you do it in dutch as well'...never found the time to do it.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:42 am
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road

Nice thread and a good helping of what we can expect when we arrive in Australia, I know I am only a newbie but I feel like I know some of you pretty well and can't wait for the next instalment, keep it coming Jill.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:48 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Sander
Hehe, isn't he (or she?!) cute!
Making the web-site in Dutch?, mainly for family I suppose...
I got that complaint here when I made a very (very) basic web-site about our trip to Aus...'why is it in english' and can't you do it in dutch as well'...never found the time to do it.
Yeah, mainly family.

Maybe an english version one day, but for now I'll do a 'diary' on here like Jill.

Just discovered your website!

Btw, we're now showing Pascal's mum part of our house on the webcam!! First time she's seen us since we've been gone. They've got one too, but it's not set up yet.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:59 am
f1junkie

Just discovered your website!
Haha, yeah...I only put that on my xpdite sig a while ago. It was mainly for friends etc...so nothing fancy. But I thought why not...

Btw, we're now showing Pascal's mum part of our house on the webcam!! First time she's seen us since we've been gone. They've got one too, but it's not set up yet.
Oh wow! That's a good idea...maybe I should set one up here before we leave...hmmm. What program do you use for the webcam thingie?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.