Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:27 am
scoobydoo

Don't you mean "rowte" (ozzie speak for root)!!!!!............unless you just wanted to inform us of the ins and out of your intimate relationships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:43 am
wombat42

Originally posted by Megalania
Time for another root.
You can crawl down my Wombat burrow anytime.

Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:44 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by scoobydoo
Don't you mean "rowte" (ozzie speak for root)!!!!!............unless you just wanted to inform us of the ins and out of your intimate relationships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who asked you to shoot?
Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:46 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by wombat42
You can crawl down my Wombat burrow anytime.
Of course, but if you only have roots to offer, I'll leave.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 4:00 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Pommie children may be brighter then Aussie childeren as you say, but at least Aussie children are not nerd book worms, stuck indoors all day because of crap cold weather, a recent study showed that Aussie kids are taller and more healthy then Pommie kids.

Oh for gawds sake .. get real will you.. I was a British kid once upon a time believe it or not ..lol. I spent my time outdoors on the beaches, hiking across mountains.. one of my earliest memories is walking across the countryside and mountains for miles on end through little brooks. I used to spend hours outside.. rain or shine. I was at my happiest out doors. collecting skulls and grass snakes

I was brought up outside. My old photo's of a baby .. my dad would have this baby carrier on his back.. with me in it.. and used to walk for miles with me up the mountains.. my mum was always frantic with worry.. she never used to come with us ( she's a bit unfit) .

My hubby the same.. and it is still being passed onto generation. My brother in law has young child.. they spend hours on end on the beaches.. and countryside.

your statements don't add up.. Australia has a higher child obesity rate than the UK and this is according to Australia !. .. they spend their time on video games etc.. and fast food joints. I'm not going to get into an Aus UK debate.. but UK has the same sort of problem these days.. kids sitting hours at end in front of video games etc.. and not going out to play.

I find your comment ludicrous.. I or anyone in my family , or my husband and his family when he was a child was never locked up inside a house because of cr*p weather! Rain, snow, or shine I'd be out in it... dressed to suit the weather. Trouble today a lot of people are just getting lazy - whether it's in the UK or here in Aus.

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 6th 2004 at 4:42 am.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 4:07 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wombat42
Pommie children may be brighter then Aussie childeren as you say, but at least Aussie children are not nerd book worms, stuck indoors all day because of crap cold weather, a recent study showed that Aussie kids are taller and more healthy then Pommie kids. There is a lot more to life then academic suucess not all kids want to grow up to be brain surgeons or rocket scientisits.
Brain surgeons and rocket scientists would emigrate to the US where the money is, in any case. Or Sri Lanka, if your name is Arthur. C. Clarke.

BTW, in case nobody has noticed yet, Wombat42 doesn't speak for all Australians, then again, neither do I.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

At the end of the day all these studies are just generalisation crap. Each child is an individual, their lives are shaped how they are bought up doesnt matter if you are a Brit, Aussie or bloody Chinese.

I dont have kids but can still see the uselessness of these "studies". They are just research that keep people in jobs and scaremonger the public.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 7:43 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by eintracht
At the end of the day all these studies are just generalisation crap. Each child is an individual, their lives are shaped how they are bought up doesnt matter if you are a Brit, Aussie or bloody Chinese.

I dont have kids but can still see the uselessness of these "studies". They are just research that keep people in jobs and scaremonger the public.
Which of the 140+ replies in this thread are you refering to? What studies?
Old Aug 6th 2004, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

These things about Brit children being brighter than Aussie children, Aussie children being more obese than Brit children, Aussie children being taller than Brit children, Brit children picking their noses more thn Aussie children ... etc. etc.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 7:53 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by eintracht
These things about Brit children being brighter than Aussie children, Aussie children being more obese than Brit children, Aussie children being taller than Brit children, Brit children picking their noses more thn Aussie children ... etc. etc.
Some of it probably is crap.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 11:42 am
Go Banana's !!

Pommie children may be brighter then Aussie childeren as you say, but at least Aussie children are not nerd book worms, stuck indoors all day because of crap cold weather, a recent study showed that Aussie kids are taller and more healthy then Pommie kids.

I find your comments extremely offensive.

Funny actually I was talking with some good friends today about how suprised I was that the thread hadn't been hijacked and misunderstood by someone who just wanted to hurl insults. Then there you go.

My daugher is not a nerd and sounds like she is more of a rounded individual than yourself. I have always tried to remain level and never ram my opinions down peoples throats and never been personal. THIS IS MY SLANT ON THINGS . This was just supposed to be an account of my experiences nothing more and nothing less.

I'm not going to get in a row with anyone and therefore feel it is time to close this diary.

If anyone wants to know how things are going in the future then they can pm me.

Jill

Old Aug 6th 2004, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Jill,

Your posts are absolutley fantastic. You are right, it is your slant and that is how the majority of us are reading it.

Do not, I repeat do not fall foul of the tossers on this site that look to criticise everything.

Come on guys - give Jill some support so she continues with the diary

Keep your chin up
Old Aug 6th 2004, 11:56 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Jill,

Ignore the silly coments and keep all us book worm (thread worm) reading nerds entertained with your fantastic writing.

This is your thread and we love it

Cheers
Kala
Old Aug 6th 2004, 12:00 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kala
Jill,

Ignore the silly coments and keep all us book worm (thread worm) reading nerds entertained with your fantastic writing.

Cheers
Kala

Agreed.

We'll help drive away hijackers & trolls from this thread, and it will be easier for you than sending lots of emails/pm's.

We're addicted to this
Old Aug 6th 2004, 12:02 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by kala
Jill,

Cheers
Kala

Maybe if you really insist

God I was fumming.

Let me just get soemthing to eat and I'll come back to you with todays events

Jill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.