Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the badgers appreciation thread

the badgers appreciation thread

Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:07 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Simone82
And what the f**k do you mean by real Australians?????

I'm getting really pissed of by you now, and you don't get me mad very easily!

Geez!

go simone

Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:12 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
go simone
Thankyou. I'm really pissed, and would say more, but have to catch a train, do some shopping and eat! After that I'll be back!

Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Originally posted by Simone82
And what the f**k do you mean by real Australians?????

I'm getting really pissed of by you now, and you don't get me mad very easily!

Geez!
perhaps by "real australian" he means aboriginal, because as we all know, they are the only REAL australians!

love sophia
Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:21 pm
WBB

Originally posted by sophia
perhaps by "real australian" he means aboriginal, because as we all know, they are the only REAL australians!

love sophia

dont wanna start a racial discussion but, where and when did the aboriginals arrive in oz from ?

Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

love sophia
In my usual smart a*se fashion I was going to reply to your signature with a counter example ........ but none came to mind. It's been 3 minutes and I think your proverb is right!

Spoons - stirring
Kids toys - babysitting
Any garden tool - work
etc
etc

Good proverb!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:24 pm
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

I meant those not pretending to be Australian like some on here and apparently inadvertently fuelling a stereotype that is far from typical.

love sophia
Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:26 pm
WBB

Originally posted by dugongs
I meant those not pretending to be Australian like some on here and apparently inadvertently fuelling a stereotype that is far from typical.

who is pretending to be australian then?

Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

LOL! yep it's kind of hard to answer to such stunning wisdom hey!

another favourite of mine: You can allus tell a yorkshireman, but you can't tell him much!!

love sophia xx
Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:29 pm
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

not wishing to make personal attacks, as i said, some on here i.e. certain posters on this web site.

Originally posted by welshboybilly
who is pretending to be australian then?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:42 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Is perhaps your missus a bit of a snob, Dugong?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:50 pm
Dugongidae Member

no she is an aussie and they are all down to earth beer drinking hard working salt of the earth types.

surely anybody that believes so strongly in the stereotype would not ask that question.

Originally posted by Pollster
Is perhaps your missus a bit of a snob, Dugong?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by CHnJ
In my usual smart a*se fashion I was going to reply to your signature with a counter example ........ but none came to mind. It's been 3 minutes and I think your proverb is right!

Spoons - stirring
Kids toys - babysitting
Any garden tool - work
etc
etc

Good proverb!

What about cricket bat ? Coming from Yorkshire, surely this must be an exception ?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

no she is an aussie and they are all down to earth beer drinking hard working salt of the earth types.

surely anybody that believes so strongly in the stereotype would not ask that question.

Surely you have missed the word "stereo" just before the last word in your first sentence ?? I'm lost now ! Do we have more than one Aussie stereotype to pretend to be ??
Old Jan 7th 2004, 4:00 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Oh I see.

It is OK to be

down to earth beer drinking hard working salt of the earth types.

as long as you don't drive a ute, wear thongs or buy a slab of beer.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 4:05 pm
Dugongidae Member

your right, maybe i did.

Originally posted by sjn2003
Surely you have missed the word "stereo" just before the last word in your first sentence ?? I'm lost now ! Do we have more than one Aussie stereotype to pretend to be ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.