Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bachelors In Australia

Bachelors In Australia

Old Jun 3rd 2015, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bachelors In Australia

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Not true

Again, not true. I am studying through Open Universities (UniSA) and had to meet the same requirements as any other student.
Only relevant if the OP is a citizen.
It depends on the degree and partner uni as I said. Some have no entry requirements, you just enrol. Griffith, Murdoch, Curtin for example as you register after you have completed some subjects with OUA.

Each degree and partner uni is different, but there are certainly many that don't need any exams or marks.

Directly from the OUA website:

"Unlike other university courses, most of our undergraduate units are open to all students. You can enrol straight away in the units that fit your needs then get started with your studies as soon as your study materials arrive.

For many undergraduate courses we recommend that you eventually apply and enrolling in units is a great way of becoming eligible to apply. Check the How to apply section on the course page you're interested in to see how you can become eligible for application."

I also did my second degree via open uni and didn't need to provide any details of previous study or exams, I just enrolled. After my third subject I registered the degree with the university.

It all depends which degree you want to do and which partner uni offers it.

Last edited by canadaeh; Jun 3rd 2015 at 10:51 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 9:02 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xizzles
I'm not trying to knock mature students, but even they would be subject to minimum qualifying criteria even if the criteria may not be one's traditional GCE O or A levels, IB or equivalent scores. The OP asked the below:
Originally Posted by xizzles
Thank you Dorothy - that's exactly what I was getting at. For the OP to ask if there were any Universities around that would let someone (mature student or otherwise) in with no requirements, no prerequisites, no qualifying criteria - that just sounds a little fishy to me.
It's not fishy. In NZ there is a special admission category for mature students (citizens or PRs) for all but a few courses (medicine, engineering, etc.). Lots of unis also offer pre-admission courses for those without the necessary academic requirements or just to help them get there.

For example, see: Auckland University Special Admission

And: Preparation and Foundation Programmes, Auckland University
Old Jun 17th 2015, 5:11 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

yup Bourbon - and this happens in sunny Qld too - a few unis have their own preparation programs and they are FREE, and the only entry requirement is to be a minimum age, usually 17, and to have an English language ability IELTS score of 6 (international students will know what that is), some programs can be completed online.

Example uni Tertiary Preparation Programs at UQ, USC and USQ:

https://www.uq.edu.au/study/program.html?acad_prog=1100

Tertiary Preparation Pathway (TPP) | University of the Sunshine Coast

Tertiary Preparation Program - University of Southern Queensland

The idea is to complete the program, and pass subjects in order to obtain a rank score, e.g. score a rank score of 74 at USC and gain entry onto their Nursing degree which requires a rank score of 64.

These are for anybody, so I suggest if you've ever thought of doing uni but thought you couldn't get in, check these options out.

Hope that helps the OP....no not that OP the other OP...

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
It's not fishy. In NZ there is a special admission category for mature students (citizens or PRs) for all but a few courses (medicine, engineering, etc.). Lots of unis also offer pre-admission courses for those without the necessary academic requirements or just to help them get there.

For example, see: Auckland University Special Admission

And: Preparation and Foundation Programmes, Auckland University