Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Baby travelling to UK with only an Aussie passport

Baby travelling to UK with only an Aussie passport

Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

stuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura about
Default Baby travelling to UK with only an Aussie passport

I was just admiring with envy my 4 month olds Australian passport the other day when it suddenly occurred to me, is she going to have any issues getting in to the UK on our trip back in December when she only has an Australian passport?

My wife and I have British Passports but I haven't as yet sorted one out for my daughter, so she'd be entering the UK on an Australian passport. Are we going to run in to any problems in light of this?
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby travelling to UK with only an Aussie passport

We did this a few times with our kids and had no problems whatever. She'll only be able to stay for 6 months in the UK, but as you're only going on holiday it won't be an issue.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

stuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Nicky
Old Nov 8th 2013, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you'll have no issues. We had both and found we had to use our Aussie passports as you can enter UK without a visa, but couldn't return to Australia with UK passport and no visa, (Aussie visa gets cancelled once you become a citizen).
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stuartsummers1980
I was just admiring with envy my 4 month olds Australian passport the other day when it suddenly occurred to me, is she going to have any issues getting in to the UK on our trip back in December when she only has an Australian passport?

My wife and I have British Passports but I haven't as yet sorted one out for my daughter, so she'd be entering the UK on an Australian passport. Are we going to run in to any problems in light of this?
We never had any problems and as she will be travelling with both of her parents I do not expect you will either.