babies

Old Dec 10th 2005, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Buttercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to all
Default babies

Question?

If i was pregnant after just arriving in Oz ( 2 weeks)...would i miss out on baby bonus scheme and such like. Would i be covered with my Medicare card?

Just hypothetically speaking of course !!
Old Dec 10th 2005, 4:53 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: babies

Originally Posted by Buttercup
Question?

If i was pregnant after just arriving in Oz ( 2 weeks)...would i miss out on baby bonus scheme and such like. Would i be covered with my Medicare card?

Just hypothetically speaking of course !!
Yes, you and your baby will both be covered. They don't check when, where, how, and why the baby was conceived!

ADL
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Buttercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to all

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Yes, you and your baby will both be covered. They don't check when, where, how, and why the baby was conceived!

ADL
Thank you for that. Someone said that they had a baby bonus of $4000 is that true? If so am i eligable for that? hmmmmmmmm very nervous
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by A dogs life

ADL
I thought they always asked for a reinactment just to be sure??

WW
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:18 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buttercup
Thank you for that. Someone said that they had a baby bonus of $4000 is that true? If so am i eligable for that? hmmmmmmmm very nervous
The maternity allowance is currently just over $3,000.
http://www.familyassist.gov.au/internet/fao/fao1.nsf/content/claimforms-mpy_mia.htm/$File/Family_Assistance_Info_book.PDF
It is available for children born in Australia to Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents, those who arrived on an NZ passport and certain Temporary Visa holders.

When you go to the hospital you maybe asked for your medicare card. After the birth you get given a massive form for all your troubles. Fill that out to get the maternity allowance plus other family benefits you maybe entitled to. See www.familyassist.gov.au .
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=bondipom]The maternity allowance is currently just over $3,000.

Thank you for that !! So basically lots of paperwork just like the UK not a problem . I consider myself a pro after family tax credits forms back in the UK
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I was 28 weeks pregnant when we got here and we claimed the usual entitlement. It sounds good but if you are a 'career woman' it is a lot less than you would get either from your employer in the UK or Stat Maternity Pay