Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Austrlia Vs Canada

Austrlia Vs Canada

Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Austrlia Vs Canada

Originally Posted by shafanm
what ever bad is said about canada, they have 178 billion barrels of proven oil reserves, which is second only to Saudi Arabia. Whereas OZ has only 350 million barrels of proven reserved. This is alone sufficient to keep their economy in the top 10 for a considerably long period.

I think planting your self in Canada is safe. as long as oil does not hit, below $20 a barrel.
Best you take another look methinks !

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/Australia/Oil.html

There are bound to be deep sea deposits close to Australia as well. I doubt if we will ever see them utilised. Probably wont even refine the Oil Shale reserves that Australia has.

Beside Aus has already proven, by riding out the recession so well that Iron ore and other minerals are a great way to improve and maintain the wealth of a country. Possibly even better than oil.

Pure Electric vehicles will start their acceptance curve as from the end of 2010... I wouldn't be surprised if they are the main source of transportation in cities by 2020.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:22 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Austrlia Vs Canada

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Probably wont even refine the Oil Shale reserves that Australia has.
There's already a company making plans to do just that.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...005200,00.html

The article is a year old now, but I can tell you they are still busy making plans. No idea what the future will hold though.