Australian Navy

Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:09 pm
Go for it !!!!

russandkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Navy

It was a great life....and luckily, some of us saw and experienced how good it was ...brilliant runs ashore, good times etc...I have no regrets, its just time to move on.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

The Dutchys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, we are thinking again about moving over to the RAN. I have lived in Oz for a year in 2001 and then took the hubby year before last, we started to apply and found out we were expecting, so Son now 6 months old, all you see on the news is no room in prison for people who do sick things (paedophiles to name one ) and children being murdered , then we hear all small ships and type 23s are to move to Faslane ..... long and short of it is, I know Oz a bit, but what is your accomodation like out there, do they provide housing, did you buy, social life with children, salary; does it meet expectations and anything else you can think of . . . . ? We would really appreciate some honest answers... Thanks in advance. Mrs Dutchy
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

The Dutchys is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone able to help on my questions ? Sooo much nice and good advice on here
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Dutchys
Anyone able to help on my questions ? Sooo much nice and good advice on here
Hello Dutchys

Sorry can't answer your questions as we are still going through the process (taking a very long time!!) We are waiting for the terms of service, then the labour agreement and finally the visa process (12 months so far). Hope someone will be able to answer your questions just wanted to say hi, welcome and good luck with your application (if you decide to take the plunge).

Nicky
Old Feb 15th 2007, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Dutchys
Hi there, we are thinking again about moving over to the RAN. I have lived in Oz for a year in 2001 and then took the hubby year before last, we started to apply and found out we were expecting, so Son now 6 months old, all you see on the news is no room in prison for people who do sick things (paedophiles to name one ) and children being murdered , then we hear all small ships and type 23s are to move to Faslane ..... long and short of it is, I know Oz a bit, but what is your accomodation like out there, do they provide housing, did you buy, social life with children, salary; does it meet expectations and anything else you can think of . . . . ? We would really appreciate some honest answers... Thanks in advance. Mrs Dutchy
Hiya

The accomodation is good for ADF members. Go onto the DHA site and you can view some of the Married Quarters - albeit the ones that you can buy and invest in. We now have the forms to apply for log in etc to start going ahead with choosing accomodation.

We have received our Labour Agreement and have nearly completed the immigration forms - had meds on 13th Feb. We are waiting for our Aussie friend who is Lt CDR, to return from sea at the moment. He's over here on exchange and is also a JP. We are going to get him to sign all of our docs for verification. Once this is done, we will send off all of the paperwork.

It takes up to 3-4 months for the Visa to be granted if there are no problems. Some of our friends only waited 4-6 weeks for it to come through!

Once this is received, a signal is sent to Australia House and a posting date is finalised. Australia House give a date for you to go and 'sign on' with them. They have already given us all of the details of flights and removal company etc. MORE FORMS!!!

They ask you to allow around 10 weeks for the first contact point for these. My understanding is that I will contact them and arrange flights etc. Then I will let Australia House know the details.

We are quite far on with it all - but there's still a way to go. We started in December 2005, but hubby was at Sea for alot of 2006, so this delayed things a little.

The Salary is less than UK, but the spending power rounds it off to more or less the same. Expect to drop a rank or seniority - most people that I've spoken to have had this happen. The long and the short of it is that you have to weigh up the benefits against the negatives - the lifestyle is better (depending on what you want out of life), the spending power is greater than UK, kids are kids for longer in Australia and we feel that the whole country has many more opportunities for all of us.

We are 2 adults and 3 kids - oh and the dog! We have to pay for the dog though - we get just short of $700 back from the ADF for taking our dog - she is costing £2,500.00 though!

Any questions, please ask - I may not be able to answer them all, but there are LOADS of people on here going down the same route.

Angie
Old May 31st 2007, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

JayFC is an unknown quantity at this point

Well what can I say? I have finally received my Condition of Service Letter from the RAN and now don't know whether to go!

What I need is someone from the Ozzy Navy who can give me an idea of what it's like and whether it's worth doing. I am about to start a job in the UK which I would love to have a go at. Any advice would be awesomely welcome!

Cheers!
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Hukna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Constant change and turmoil in the Navy, last minute notice to deploy or detach! Dream up new initiatives and tasking which must be at no extra cost to the MOD. Never heard of it!

I put my notice in last week for RN - 12 months to go. Sent back signed COS letter and security paperwork, now awaiting Labour agreement. Sell house, apply for Visas and medicals next step. Anyone know howlong Visa Application takes?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hukna
I put my notice in last week for RN - 12 months to go. Sent back signed COS letter and security paperwork, now awaiting Labour agreement. Sell house, apply for Visas and medicals next step. Anyone know howlong Visa Application takes?
Ours took 4 weeks from acknowledgement , but others have taken long , seems 7-8 weeks on average .
Good luck Janet
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Hiya!

We received our Acknowledgement for payment of our Visa Aplication 14/03/07 - we received our Visa 1st May 07.

Best of luck!

Labour Agreements take a little time at the moment to come through - Chris and Penny have over 500 on their books at the moment and there's more going through.

It seems we all have the same idea!

Anyway - be patint with the Labout agreement - while you're waiting, download from immigration website - 47es application.......160 and 26 (meds and x-ray stuff). It will give you a head start on the next step and what is needed for the Immigration side of things.

Angie
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

Our visa application was posted 29th May and the medicals sent 14th June. We are still waiting for a reply, I understand there is a delay at LUC as a few people had a reply within a few weeks of the meds being sent. This is the worst part of the whole process the waiting seems endless!

Good luck with your journey.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wooders
Our visa application was posted 29th May and the medicals sent 14th June. We are still waiting for a reply, I understand there is a delay at LUC as a few people had a reply within a few weeks of the meds being sent. This is the worst part of the whole process the waiting seems endless!

Good luck with your journey.
When you get the LA, is it evident which VISA you are applying for on the 47ES form? I keep looking at it but am none the wiser. looking at the visa cost info am I right in assuming the Visa about £600 for the whole family? How much are medicals and chest Xrays?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

Our labour agreement states the visa and subclass, 120/855.
You also need to complete form 80 (over 16's only I think)

We were charged $1340 for our visa application. We had our meds and xrays done in Tavistock & Plymouth and paid £620 for 4 Adult medicals and £567 for the xrays and bloods. Each person also had to have police check which was £10 each.
We have kept all our receipts as this outlay is reimbursed by the Aus Navy.

When you get the LA, is it evident which VISA you are applying for on the 47ES form? I keep looking at it but am none the wiser. looking at the visa cost info am I right in assuming the Visa about £600 for the whole family? How much are medicals and chest Xrays?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wooders
Our labour agreement states the visa and subclass, 120/855.
You also need to complete form 80 (over 16's only I think)

We were charged $1340 for our visa application. We had our meds and xrays done in Tavistock & Plymouth and paid £620 for 4 Adult medicals and £567 for the xrays and bloods. Each person also had to have police check which was £10 each.
We have kept all our receipts as this outlay is reimbursed by the Aus Navy.

and form 160 for the X-rays I think. You will need passport photos (keep receipts) and certified copies of certificates marriage/birth/qualifications etc (keep receipts).
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that good info. Who can you get to certify copies of the documents - does it have to be a solicitor or just another professional?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

GreyDog is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a commissioner for oaths to certify mine, I think they specify it has to be someone of similar appointment. I took my own copies (along with the originals) and they charged me 50p per copy to certify them. One tried to charge me £5 per copy for the privilege of copying them! I don't suppose it matters in the long term as the Aussie's will refund but I don't think it's a bad idea to save your future Defence budget from getting ripped off!

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.