Australian Navy

Old Jun 25th 2006, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the rough
Default Australian Navy

Hi nearing the end of immigration and transfer from RN to RAN...does anyone know how long it takes after medicals have been done and papers send in for visa's ? does anyone know the answer ???
Old Jun 26th 2006, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Australian Navy

Originally Posted by Tigersanne
Hi nearing the end of immigration and transfer from RN to RAN...does anyone know how long it takes after medicals have been done and papers send in for visa's ? does anyone know the answer ???
Hi Tigersanne, we done the exact same thing so when hubby gets in from work he will send you a reply to your question...Jan hutchinson
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

geordiekaz will become famous soon enough

Hi Tigersanne
can't answer that for you (sorry) but just out of interest how long has it taken you to transfer from RN to RAN? We are transferring from army to oz army and it's taken forever!!! Put our papers in last september had interview, meds etc and got a letter of intent from them but still no official job offer and we are still waiting for trade assessment to come through so can't even start with the visa process yet. The only consolation is that everyone else that has applied same time as us is in the same boat! Getting very frustrated, just wondered if the RAN has been the same for you?
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Tigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by geordiekaz
Hi Tigersanne
can't answer that for you (sorry) but just out of interest how long has it taken you to transfer from RN to RAN? We are transferring from army to oz army and it's taken forever!!! Put our papers in last september had interview, meds etc and got a letter of intent from them but still no official job offer and we are still waiting for trade assessment to come through so can't even start with the visa process yet. The only consolation is that everyone else that has applied same time as us is in the same boat! Getting very frustrated, just wondered if the RAN has been the same for you?
Hi
yes everyone is in the same boat, it takes time, such a very long time, we started nearly a year ago now, my husband has had all his checks and had his job offer (conditions of service), this has gone back signed and next comes more paperwork, fill it in send it back, lol. we had to wait then for them to (forgot what its called) send in to immigration and get a number, they sent that back now we have to fill paperwork in that they sent (security papers), get certified copies of our marriage certificate and birth certificates etc, send those back now, my children and me are now waiting for our medical checks, which we can get done now, then send in the huge amount of paperwork to the immigration dept. then its the waiting game for us, to see if we all pass!
next step is just to hand his notice in then they RAN give us a date to fly! Hopefully!!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

Hello Tigersanne
I joined the RAN from the RN in 2003. I seem to remember that it did not take that long, only a couple of months from submitting our visa request to being granted the visa. Email me if you have any further questions, concerns etc and I will hopefully reassure you.

Yours Aye

Terry ex CRS RN
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:36 am
Just Joined

steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
yes everyone is in the same boat, it takes time, such a very long time, we started nearly a year ago now, my husband has had all his checks and had his job offer (conditions of service), this has gone back signed and next comes more paperwork, fill it in send it back, lol. we had to wait then for them to (forgot what its called) send in to immigration and get a number, they sent that back now we have to fill paperwork in that they sent (security papers), get certified copies of our marriage certificate and birth certificates etc, send those back now, my children and me are now waiting for our medical checks, which we can get done now, then send in the huge amount of paperwork to the immigration dept. then its the waiting game for us, to see if we all pass!
next step is just to hand his notice in then they RAN give us a date to fly! Hopefully!!!!!
Not quite at your stage I'm waiting for my police checks to come back then I can send all my immigrations forms back having had the medicals done last week. You are right about the paperwork it's none stop and nearly all of it is the same as I sent off nearly 8 months ago to the navy to get my job offer. I have already submitted my notice so time is running my last pay day is 1 september. A friend who has already done the process says it should take about 2 weeks for DIMIA to confirm after they have received your application. Hope you get a reply soon and best of luck.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hutchy
Hello Tigersanne
I joined the RAN from the RN in 2003. I seem to remember that it did not take that long, only a couple of months from submitting our visa request to being granted the visa. Email me if you have any further questions, concerns etc and I will hopefully reassure you.

Yours Aye

Terry ex CRS RN
Hi Terry
Thanks for that. I will tell my husband when he gets in. We needed to know for college etc for my daughter as she has just left school.
i will keep your details and contact you thank you very much indeed for that.
cheers
Anne
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steven
Not quite at your stage I'm waiting for my police checks to come back then I can send all my immigrations forms back having had the medicals done last week. You are right about the paperwork it's none stop and nearly all of it is the same as I sent off nearly 8 months ago to the navy to get my job offer. I have already submitted my notice so time is running my last pay day is 1 september. A friend who has already done the process says it should take about 2 weeks for DIMIA to confirm after they have received your application. Hope you get a reply soon and best of luck.
Hi steven
we was told that my husband wasn't to put his notice in till everything was up and running in order, so we haven't yet, but once we know all is well and we can go!!! we will do it then, he can get early discharge if required.
good luck and let me know how you are going!
cheers
anne
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:52 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiekaz
Hi Tigersanne
My brother in law wants to transfer from the UK Army (air corps) to the Austrlian Army and he applied earlier this year but they (eventually) responsed with "we're full for this year, apply again in November" which is what is waiting to do.

What is the immigration process for a UK soldier transferring to the Australian Army? Does he need to have his skill assessed? I thought the process was far quicker and smoother?

Cheers.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
My brother in law wants to transfer from the UK Army (air corps) to the Austrlian Army and he applied earlier this year but they (eventually) responsed with "we're full for this year, apply again in November" which is what is waiting to do.

What is the immigration process for a UK soldier transferring to the Australian Army? Does he need to have his skill assessed? I thought the process was far quicker and smoother?

Cheers.
Hi sorry cant give you all the details as my husband is at work at the moment.
but i can tell you that he contacted the RAN himself, but you can do this through our forces in England. Not sure about any of the other forces sorry.
but let them do all the work, my husband did, all he went for was medicals, and thats it, from then on its all paperwork and more paperwork.
good luck!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK

Cheers.
Hi
We are in the middle of the process at the moment. Put our paperwork in last Sept, had our interview in London on the 3rd May and got a letter of intent from them on the day. When you get past this bit they send your details (having got them from your application form) to an outside body who do your trade assessment & this is where the problem lies as they take forever!!! You can't say you definitely have a job to go to until this is done and a job offer comes out to you along with a posting!! be prepared for a long frustrating wait!! Some people have had there's back in a couple of weeks but I think the problem is they have been stowed off with applications from the British army over the past year and they can't keep up with it.
When we were up in London they said they had to recruit more staff in their office to cope with the amount of applications they had received recently but don't let that put him off because they also said they are very happy with this and they have huge gaps to fill and it's the British army's loss and their gain. It's just a long wait and they are in no hurry! Stick with it!

Karen
Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Hi
Goodluck, hopefully ours won't take much longer and we too will be waiting for a date to fly!!!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 1:28 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Hi Tigersanne

Is your husband actually transfering or leaving the RN then joining the RAN?

Rich
Old Jun 26th 2006, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Adam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud of

I gave my notice last September and will be outside quite soon. I got fed up with all the constant change and turmoil within the RN and the feeling that the top brass weren't exactly honest with us about many issues, especially trying to fund a top class defence organisation with whatever loose change Mr Blair & team can find down the back of the sofa. Anyone spending time at sea recently as an engineer knows what I mean.

My application to join the RAN went in just over 3 weeks ago so I have a long wait, in the meantime I am training towards my gas installers qualifications in preparation for an HVAC engineers job civvy side for 12 months or so. I hope to meet those of you emigrating to join the RAN in the future.

Best wishes

Adam
Old Jun 26th 2006, 1:39 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Adam 66
I got fed up with all the constant change and turmoil within the RN and the feeling that the top brass weren't exactly honest with us about many issues, especially trying to fund a top class defence organisation with whatever loose change Mr Blair & team can find down the back of the sofa.
Constant change and turmoil in the Navy, last minute notice to deploy or detach! Dream up new initiatives and tasking which must be at no extra cost to the MOD. Never heard of it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.