Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Mortgages

Australian Mortgages

Old Nov 21st 2005, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all
Default Australian Mortgages

Does anybody know if there is the equivelent of buy-to-let mortgages in Australia ? I'm looking to buy a couple of properties as investments and want to investigate the mortgage possibilities there.

Thanks

Chris
Old Nov 21st 2005, 12:54 pm
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all
Default Re: Australian Mortgages

Its one of the biggest industries in the country-more Sydneysiders own a second property than any other group on earth
Originally Posted by eintracht
Does anybody know if there is the equivelent of buy-to-let mortgages in Australia ? I'm looking to buy a couple of properties as investments and want to investigate the mortgage possibilities there.

Thanks

Chris
Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

CreditCardKing will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Australian Mortgages

Originally Posted by eintracht

Thanks

Chris

Yes they are called Investment Property Loans, make sure you have an interest only loan if you have a taxable income, its much more tax efficient because you can claim all costs associated with the property as a tax deduction. If you buy a pen to write out receipts for $2.00 then make sure you claim it as a deduction. You must get a good accountant, they are well worth the expense.

http://www.westpac.com.au/internet/p...Property+Loans