Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian mortgage rates

Australian mortgage rates

Old Dec 19th 2006, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice
Default Australian mortgage rates

Hi all, well I finally arrived Saturday 9 December to begin my new life at 45. How mad does that sound? You soon take the warm weather for granted but it's so lovely knowing you'll get some sun almost every day (especially here in Adelaide. I've been (head hunted) already and my interview is on 27 December??????
Getting used to the laid back way of driving, but I personally feel a lot less likely to die in a car crash here than I did in London. Having my sister and her family who moved here has been an unbeleivable help. I honestly don't know how people just arrive knowing no-one, with half a dozen kids! So bloody brave.
If I take this job next week I plan to buy pretty quick, I've got about a third to put down but the rates seem ever so high. Anyone know of a good low start or any good mortgage offers aroung at the mo? I'd be greatful for any advice. My sister and her husband are mortgage free, jammy sods!
Cheers
Old Dec 19th 2006, 8:08 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian mortgage rates

Originally Posted by aarancam
Hi all, well I finally arrived Saturday 9 December to begin my new life at 45. How mad does that sound? You soon take the warm weather for granted but it's so lovely knowing you'll get some sun almost every day (especially here in Adelaide. I've been (head hunted) already and my interview is on 27 December??????
Getting used to the laid back way of driving, but I personally feel a lot less likely to die in a car crash here than I did in London. Having my sister and her family who moved here has been an unbeleivable help. I honestly don't know how people just arrive knowing no-one, with half a dozen kids! So bloody brave.
If I take this job next week I plan to buy pretty quick, I've got about a third to put down but the rates seem ever so high. Anyone know of a good low start or any good mortgage offers aroung at the mo? I'd be greatful for any advice. My sister and her husband are mortgage free, jammy sods!
Cheers

About the best deal that I have found is the One Direct loan - it is fee free (which many others are not) and the rate is 6.99% fixed for 3 years. I believe that it is an offset style mortgage.

The website is here:

www.onedirect.com.au

Hope this helps...

S
Old Dec 20th 2006, 12:11 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

HTML Code:
www.cannex.com.au
HTML Code:
www.infochoice.com.au
HTML Code:
www.yourmortgage.com.au
These websites will give you an idea about what the best deals are currently. Remember to check the comparison rate for a truer reflection of the actual costs.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

johnnyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aarancam
Getting used to the laid back way of driving, but I personally feel a lot less likely to die in a car crash here than I did in London.
Cheers

Are you kidding, you haven't experienced the tailgating yet then. They are crazy drivers on the Freeway, I think they like sniffing care fumes!