Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Lightbulb Fitting

Australian Lightbulb Fitting

Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Stuey26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian Lightbulb Fitting

Just after the answer to what type fitting of lightbulbs do the use in Australia, is it the same bayonet style as UK. Only we have loads of new low energy bulbs and trying to find out if worth shipping.

Thanks

Stuart
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Australian Lightbulb Fitting

Originally Posted by Stuey26
Just after the answer to what type fitting of lightbulbs do the use in Australia, is it the same bayonet style as UK. Only we have loads of new low energy bulbs and trying to find out if worth shipping.

Thanks

Stuart
Hi I would check to see if your lamps have mercury in them 1st and if they do I do't think you can take them to Aus with you.
I'm positive that there lamps are all mercury free
just a thought

the dooners
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

denkar101 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Australian Lightbulb Fitting

Originally Posted by Stuey26

Thanks

Stuart
Yep, same bayonet fitting.
Cheers,
Dennis
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember to get an electrician to fit your bulbs when you arrive as if your house burns down the insurance won't pay out if you've fitted the bulbs yourself.

Only kidding

You get bayonets and screw fittings here that are the same as the UK.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Remember to get an electrician to fit your bulbs when you arrive as if your house burns down the insurance won't pay out if you've fitted the bulbs yourself.

Only kidding

You get bayonets and screw fittings here that are the same as the UK.
Or alternatively employ a company, like Mr Globe, to come and fit them for you (believe it or not they do exist). While you're at it ring Mr. Washing Line, he'll come round and fit and tension you're washing line; Mr Battery gives great advice regarding the dificult task of battery selection and installation; Mr. Lube can change the oil in your car outside your own front door; Mr Plumber will fit you a water-restriction-compliant shower head and fix up to two leaky tap.

I could probably go on, but I think you probably get the drift.

I think there's a Mr *** company for virtually every badge that the Brownies issue: Mr Knot, Mr Fire Starting, Mr Barbeque, Mr Knitting . . . .
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:26 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Or alternatively employ a company, like Mr Globe, to come and fit them for you (believe it or not they do exist). While you're at it ring Mr. Washing Line, he'll come round and fit and tension you're washing line; Mr Battery gives great advice regarding the dificult task of battery selection and installation; Mr. Lube can change the oil in your car outside your own front door; Mr Plumber will fit you a water-restriction-compliant shower head and fix up to two leaky tap.

I think there's a Mr *** company for virtually every badge that the Brownies issue: Mr Knot, Mr Fire Starting, Mr Barbeque, Mr Knitting . . . .
And not forgetting MR SARCASTICUS
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
And not forgetting MR SARCASTICUS
You cut me real deep Mr Bernieboy!

As an afterthought, Bernie, are you in Brisbane yet? Because, apart from the bit about the Brownies, all the other firms really do exist and really do do the jobs I've described.

Last edited by spartacus; Aug 10th 2008 at 11:39 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:38 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

You cut me real deep Mr Bernieboy!
I feel your pain mr sarkyarse
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I feel your pain mr sarkyarse
What about Hire a Hubby - the odd job service for women!
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:57 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Sssssshh my wife is on her own in oz at the mo,dont give her any strange ideas
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Hire-a-**** is a whole other thread!

I was sorry to hear about Hire-a-Wifey, which after much initial interest has recently been put into administration.

Last edited by spartacus; Aug 11th 2008 at 12:04 am.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:14 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but all those are the really really difficult and dangerous-to-the-unqualified things. The DIY things you are allowed to attempt yourself.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the dooners
Hi I would check to see if your lamps have mercury in them 1st and if they do I do't think you can take them to Aus with you.
I'm positive that there lamps are all mercury free
just a thought

the dooners
All fluorescent (ie low energy) bulbs have mercury in them, including the ones in Australia. Recycling schemes are inadequate in most places here.