Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Employment Outlook 2014

Australian Employment Outlook 2014

Old Nov 5th 2013, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Employment Outlook 2014

Why is it that the job descriptions are always misleading. I applied for one that sounded perfect, possibly challenging for me, a 3rd level server admin type role. Then I speak to the agent to arrange an interview, he sends me a copy of the job description which reads completely different and more like an entry level 1 service desk role.

I am guessing all adverts are 80% nonsense as agency's dont have any technical knowledge, is that about right?
Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yep. Something that is common around the world - most employment agencies are shite
I had an interview with one in Brisbane where the woman said 'I note you've worked in the UK where they have business customers, here in Australia we don't have business customers - how would you cope in this environment?'

These people are often the gatekeepers to roles you want. I can't see how anyone of this calibre is helping clients or applicants....
Old Nov 6th 2013, 5:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chortlepuss
I had an interview with one in Brisbane where the woman said 'I note you've worked in the UK where they have business customers, here in Australia we don't have business customers - how would you cope in this environment?'

These people are often the gatekeepers to roles you want. I can't see how anyone of this calibre is helping clients or applicants....
In Perth and the UK there are only a few agencies that I would ever use. They've been around forever as they give the employer and jobseeker what they want and, most importantly, don't bullshit

The rest are asshats
Old Nov 6th 2013, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

In Brisbane I don't know of any decent agencies that I would trust. If anyone does, please let me know - I'm so over timewasters
Old Nov 6th 2013, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
While server hosting can easily be done abroad most companies have learned now that trying to have your support done there as well is a terrible idea. There was a rush to outsource to india and china a few years ago but most have pulled the plug and gone back to local support.

Everyones had bad experiences calling a support line and getting someone with a really strong accent you can barely understand.
Yes, companies now actually pay to have an advertisement on TV to say that they have local customer service operators - duh!
Old Nov 9th 2013, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Purn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
In Perth and the UK there are only a few agencies that I would ever use. They've been around forever as they give the employer and jobseeker what they want and, most importantly, don't bullshit

The rest are asshats
Hi Amazulu - will you mind giving the name of the agency you mention in Perth ?
thanks!
Old Nov 9th 2013, 2:18 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Purn
Hi Amazulu - will you mind giving the name of the agency you mention in Perth ?
thanks!
Technical Resources
Old Nov 14th 2013, 6:41 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting article today

http://www.news.com.au/business/work...-1226759720120