Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Australia really THAT expensive?

Is Australia really THAT expensive?

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:06 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Australia really THAT expensive?

Originally Posted by expatasia
You'll just be glad to have got a ticket for the Test then, even if Steve 'McGrath' Finn & co get carted all over the Gabba and the batters endure the usual collapses. I failed, had an window of opportunity to get Perth tickets but didn't tie in with available flights from here. Gutted, for once we have a chance to at least compete.
I can hope, on the face of it it's the best chance for many a year but they have to start positive.

Smashing Pakistan (after the Aussies lost a test to them) helps as a warm-up but they are so erratic it's not really a good yard-stick.

I'll be there for Day 1, Ball 1, Beer 1.

<Back On Topic Shock>
$57 a ticket, y'see, Australia isn't expensive

The price of "beer" on the other hand
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

OzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I have no issues with muslims when:
They are in a tiny minority
Are not in control
Are not spouting their radical shite
Are assimilating and integrating
Are not oppressing their women and making them dress like guinness bottles
You've just described 99%+ of Muslims (especially in the West). I can only assume that you believe radicals to be a much higher % than they actually are!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I can hope, on the face of it it's the best chance for many a year but they have to start positive.

Smashing Pakistan (after the Aussies lost a test to them) helps as a warm-up but they are so erratic it's not really a good yard-stick.

<Back On Topic Shock>
$57 a ticket, y'see, Australia isn't expensive

I was pleasantly surprised the tickets were so cheap! We must try and get together for a beer this time I promise to leave my Mods hat in the wardrobe
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:43 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

<Back On Topic Shock>
$57 a ticket, y'see, Australia isn't expensive :thumbup:

$61 a pop was what I was offered for the Third Test, mind you last time I went to a Test at the MCG (or might have been the Adelaide grass) it cost me $16 on the gate....

How does the price ratio compare on drinking beer outside vs supermarket tinnies?
Similar to Britain?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:49 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I was pleasantly surprised the tickets were so cheap! We must try and get together for a beer this time I promise to leave my Mods hat in the wardrobe
You bring that pointy hat and you'll last 3 minutes

Originally Posted by expatasia
$61 a pop was what I was offered for the Third Test, mind you last time I went to a Test at the MCG (or might have been the Adelaide grass) it cost me $16 on the gate....

How does the price ratio compare on drinking beer outside vs supermarket tinnies?
Similar to Britain?
I'm actually more of a wine drinker these days ... I haven't compared anything to the UK for a long while so not really in a position to judge ... I do know that $7 for a plastic cup of low-strength lager is pushing the 'captive audience' thing a bit far.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You bring that pointy hat and you'll last 3 minutes

I wouldn't dare, it'd probably be confiscated as an offensive weapon