Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Australia really THAT expensive?

Is Australia really THAT expensive?

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

OzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is Australia really THAT expensive?

Originally Posted by Amazulu
the minimal amount of mussies
Nice. Is it just Muslims you have a problem with or do you also dislike Jews, Africans, Asians or anybody else different from yourself?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I find it sad that people actually go there to only have a meal.......
Indeed.Swedish meatballs, fries with a little blue with yellow cross flag extending out of one of the meatballs...
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:59 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I find it sad that people actually go there to only have a meal.......
I've been to Ikea twice ... once up in Essex which was obviously Hell On Earth on a number of levels and once here, after work, with a get-in-buy-get-out plan so efficient it would make the SAS look like dope-addled slackers.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I've been to Ikea twice ... once up in Essex which was obviously Hell On Earth on a number of levels and once here, after work, with a get-in-buy-get-out plan so efficient it would make the SAS look like dope-addled slackers.
nActually had the feeling that some folk in Perth consider IKEA pure class..seriously.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:05 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
nActually had the feeling that some folk in Perth consider IKEA pure class..seriously.
Well, it's all relative ... the cockroach races at the local Hotel don't exactly paint my neck of the woods in a great light
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:05 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Ikea in Chiba do a wonderfully long shoe horn - best seller here. Snapped though, mine did.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:09 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by expatasia
Ikea in Chiba do a wonderfully long shoe horn - best seller here. Snapped though, mine did.
I found myself tempted by the piles of tea-lights for some reason ... but I was strong a walked straight to the checkout with blinkers on.

The bed and bookcases are still standing so I can't complain ...
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:34 am

I found myself tempted by the piles of tea-lights for some reason ... but I was strong a walked straight to the checkout with blinkers on.

The bed and bookcases are still standing so I can't complain ...
Get power cuts where you are?

Actually after passing checkout there are lots of chocolate bars (also in the Wembley one), would always be tempted by that, wherever they originate from. Sod the meatballs in milk.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:52 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by expatasia
Get power cuts where you are?

Actually after passing checkout there are lots of chocolate bars (also in the Wembley one), would always be tempted by that, wherever they originate from. Sod the meatballs in milk.
We do get a fair number of power cuts actually ... there is something about candles that has always fascinated me though, the dancing lights, the pile of molten wax ... I am easily pleased.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:09 am

We do get a fair number of power cuts actually ... there is something about candles that has always fascinated me though, the dancing lights, the pile of molten wax ... I am easily pleased.

You'll just be glad to have got a ticket for the Test then, even if Steve 'McGrath' Finn & co get carted all over the Gabba and the batters endure the usual collapses. I failed, had an window of opportunity to get Perth tickets but didn't tie in with available flights from here. Gutted, for once we have a chance to at least compete.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:21 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzExpat
Nice. Is it just Muslims you have a problem with or do you also dislike Jews, Africans, Asians or anybody else different from yourself?
Just Muslims.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

with a get-in-buy-get-out plan so efficient it would make the SAS look like dope-addled slackers.
I'm a big fan of blitzkrieg shopping - especially for the kind of shite that you would buy in IKEA.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:24 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I got that feeling in IKEA Croydon too..........
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Just Muslims.
What in your view is a Muslim ?

Can you tell the difference between an Male Arab Christian and a Muslim Arab.... because for the most part I cant. Some of the more traditional ones you can, but the majority you cant. So Maybe It's just the Traditional ones you have a problem with ? Who I can assure you are in the minority. I'm speaking from Arab/Muslim Central in Melbourne as well.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
What in your view is a Muslim ?

Can you tell the difference between an Male Arab Christian and a Muslim Arab.... because for the most part I cant. Some of the more traditional ones you can, but the majority you cant. So Maybe It's just the Traditional ones you have a problem with ? Who I can assure you are in the minority. I'm speaking from Arab Central in Melbourne as well.
I have no issues with muslims when:
They are in a tiny minority
Are not in control
Are not spouting their radical shite
Are assimilating and integrating
Are not oppressing their women and making them dress like guinness bottles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.