Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Australia officially in a Recession

Is Australia officially in a Recession

Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:37 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Australia officially in a Recession

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Or 3013, or 3014. Or or or or,
please be reminded the world will end its existence on 12.12.12
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:16 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by commonwealth
please be reminded the world will end its existence on 12.12.12

I thought it was on the 13.13.13
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Naaa, it'll be 12.12.12, I'm on nights then, be just about ready for a good disaster!
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:40 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Throwing in my 2 halfpence.
February 2013
Old Oct 18th 2012, 2:27 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

so the gillard govt will introduce a bill in parliament to add one month to the year? Juliember?
Old Oct 18th 2012, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

I think your comment is stupid, if you don't think there's some that would wet themselves to see Australia go into recession, do you think what your describing there isn't going on all over the place, the difference is Perth overall is fairing better than most places, wake up and smell the coffee.
Who exactly would want to see Australia in a recession ? Yes Perth is doing better than other parts of Australia but there are an awful lot of people in this state on average salaries who are struggling with the high cost of living and high rents and very high house prices. Not everyone is on six-figure salaries. Which bit of this are you not getting ? Kwinana, about 30km south of Perth, has one of the highest youth unemployment rates in the country.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 1:57 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kips
Who exactly would want to see Australia in a recession ? Yes Perth is doing better than other parts of Australia but there are an awful lot of people in this state on average salaries who are struggling with the high cost of living and high rents and very high house prices. Not everyone is on six-figure salaries. Which bit of this are you not getting ? Kwinana, about 30km south of Perth, has one of the highest youth unemployment rates in the country.
Its all lies, there is a mining boom, everyone is rich, la la la la.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

A number 53 bus.
The 53 can also take you to curry eutopia.......Rusholm and more lately...........The wonderful Manchester City Stadium
Old Oct 18th 2012, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

And yet many moons ago Kwinana was where all the work was (most migrants in the 60's were "posted" there, helping to build the Chemical & Petrols plants (still amazes me, the plants are all built on a wonderful stretch of coastline).....that was before mining really took off in the North West...your right, most people do not earn anywhere near enough to live on comfortably, we were a small percentage of our friends who had a good lifestyle that was mainly due to migrating to Perth when it was still a small City, working really,really hard (jobs after a while were easier to come by) and my OH worked away both in Aus and Overseas. I does scare me a little for the newer/want to be migrants. We would certainly (but thats just us) think twice about migrating now if we did not have a good amount of money to take with us.....lol...we only just took a two figure some with us when we migrated
Old Oct 18th 2012, 5:09 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

I can't believe you seriously need to ask this question being a member of this forum, I suggest you roam around the site and find the answer which isn't difficult to discover.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 5:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by brits1
The 53 can also take you to curry eutopia.......Rusholm and more lately...........The wonderful Manchester City Stadium

Being a Man utd fan I will pass on the Etihad stadium offer, but Man city sure are a top side, at last, lol.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 5:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by brits1
And yet many moons ago Kwinana was where all the work was (most migrants in the 60's were "posted" there, helping to build the Chemical & Petrols plants (still amazes me, the plants are all built on a wonderful stretch of coastline).....that was before mining really took off in the North West...your right, most people do not earn anywhere near enough to live on comfortably, we were a small percentage of our friends who had a good lifestyle that was mainly due to migrating to Perth when it was still a small City, working really,really hard (jobs after a while were easier to come by) and my OH worked away both in Aus and Overseas. I does scare me a little for the newer/want to be migrants. We would certainly (but thats just us) think twice about migrating now if we did not have a good amount of money to take with us.....lol...we only just took a two figure some with us when we migrated

It doesn't scare me, why would it, I am leaving a country where the unemployment rate is double to that in Perth and over a million youths are out of work.

Last edited by Pit Bull.; Oct 18th 2012 at 6:52 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 5:33 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

So you are comparing the unemployment rate of the whole of one country to one city in another country is it any wonder you arent taken seriously Did you know the unemployment rate of Cambridge is half of that of Perth ? I would hazzard a guess and say that bit of information doesnt even interest you. There are places in Australia where the unemployment rate is well into double figures, some places double that of the UK.
The rate of youth unemployment in both countries is very similar, a travesty IN BOTH COUNTRIES.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 5:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by chris955
So you are comparing the unemployment rate of the whole of one country to one city in another country is it any wonder you arent taken seriously Did you know the unemployment rate of Cambridge is half of that of Perth ? I would hazzard a guess and say that bit of information doesnt even interest you. There are places in Australia where the unemployment rate is well into double figures, some places double that of the UK.
The rate of youth unemployment in both countries is very similar, a travesty IN BOTH COUNTRIES.

Crikey you talk a load of horse crap sometimes, you are stating the bleeding obvious, I am talking about Perth cloth ears, get a grip, you panic like a little hissy fitting girl when you hear anything good being said about Australia, PERTH, I said PERTH.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 5:41 pm
Banned

Kwinana is a great example of the 2 speed economy in Australia, close to Perth but it has unemployment over 11% and youth unemployment over 26%. The 'boom' isnt doing much for these people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.