Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Australia officially in a Recession

Is Australia officially in a Recession

Old Sep 11th 2012, 3:08 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Australia officially in a Recession

The story didnt say it was.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It's here already Badge.... Aldi started them off, The big boys responded by importing UK managers, who then started to really slash the prices of certain items... didnt you notice things like Olive Oil being brought down by 50 pct permanently, heaps of cuts like that.
Yes, I daren't be too optimistic : ( I was aware of the UK influence).

If the UK is as good as reports sound, then there is a lot more to do.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Most definitely, they are heaps better than they were 3 years ago.

Tell you a great buy.... Home brand Coles Cheese. in the Green Pack. Not sure where it's from, but gone is that plastic feel, replaced by properly crumbly cheddar. I'm guessing it must be Bega in plain wrap.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

A way to go yet for sure, was recently back in the UK and visited a brand new Waitrose, now that is one very very good supermarket. leaves the other UK supermarkets way behind.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:24 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
A way to go yet for sure, was recently back in the UK and visited a brand new Waitrose, now that is one very very good supermarket. leaves the other UK supermarkets way behind.
Totally agree - am I mistaken when I think that all Waitrose workers have a share in the company? Might explain a few things if true.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
Totally agree - am I mistaken when I think that all Waitrose workers have a share in the company? Might explain a few things if true.
Think i heard that as well.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:03 am
Just Joined

mel39 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Zen10
yes - it's a partnership (part of John Lewis). They call their employees partners not employees - they get some great discounts up to 15% off groceries and also a large bonus at end of year depending on how well the company has done.

Pleasure to shop there.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

In reply to the earlier question I think parts of australioahave been in recession for years. Its an inevitable consequence of a strong dollar and the mining sector, squeezing manufacturing and the service sector that is'nt reliant on mining. Ecoomics is cyclical. Things change constntly and are never as bad as they make out...
Old Sep 13th 2012, 7:01 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

in other words if u cant beat them
join them
Old Oct 9th 2012, 6:06 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Latest predictions are that Australia will have 3% growth next year, doesn't sound like recession to me.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 6:20 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you going to just post that at the end of each thread ?
Old Oct 9th 2012, 6:24 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chris955
Are you going to just post that at the end of each thread ?
Yep, it's good news, when the UK economy starts growing I will post that over and over as well, I like good news, you should try it sometime.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 6:31 pm
Banned

My glass is permanently half full
Old Oct 9th 2012, 6:32 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by chris955
My glass is permanently half full
There must be another negative chris955 posting then.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 6:34 pm
Banned

I havent seen him, I have only seen one posting reality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.