Reload this Page >

Australia Civil Engineer Company/Recruitment Suggestions Wanted

Australia Civil Engineer Company/Recruitment Suggestions Wanted

Old Jun 11th 2017, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

davidwithers is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Australia Civil Engineer Company/Recruitment Suggestions Wanted

Hi all,

This is my first post, I have tried to read through and see if this topic had been covered elsewhere but couldn't find anything so sorry if it has been covered in another thread.

I am a Civil Engineer recently chartered with the ICE in the UK (so can obtain Engineers Australia Chatered status through the mutual recognition programme) and looking for opportunities out in Australia. I know of other engineers who have been sponsored by companies that have also paid for their moving costs.

I have been looking for a while but not had much success, I was hoping that some on here may have suggestions for either Australian engineering consultancies that they know offer this sort of package or good recruitment companies that they would recommend signing up to?

I have signed up with Legacy (UK based) and they said they have oppportunites with Opus in New Zealand but not much in Australia. Do people here have a feel for the current economic state of the engineer design consultancy business in Australia? It normally strongly linked with governmental investment in infrastructure, I have read some relatively opposing reviews.

My search primarily is focused on Melbourne and Brisbane at the moment (not keen on Perth and Sydney due to higher price of living costs in those locations [?])

Thanks for reading I would appreciate any recommendations or comments.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia Civil Engineer Company/Recruitment Suggestions Wanted

The first question is do you intend this to be a permanent move? If so then looking for sponsorship would not be the best way forward as it is generally just a temporary visa with a lot of strings attached
Old Jun 13th 2017, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

davidwithers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia Civil Engineer Company/Recruitment Suggestions Wanted

Hi verystormy, thanks for the response. My intentions are that I move over for a period of time with a sponsored job offer say for 1-2 years and that if there is a sustainable position then look into PR application after the required time frame.

So initially not permanent but if things did work out then consider the possible options.