Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussies in the UK

Aussies in the UK

Old May 3rd 2005, 11:08 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aussies in the UK

I was asked by someone the other day if I was an American or South African. They couldn't work out the accent. Any one else been asked this?
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:47 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all
Default Re: Aussies in the UK

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
I was asked by someone the other day if I was an American or South African. They couldn't work out the accent. Any one else been asked this?
NO, but backpacking in the USA late eighties the Yanks kept on calling me a bloody Aussie...useless bunch !

That Crocodile Dundee Film had a lot to answer for
Old May 3rd 2005, 12:13 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
My friend is married to an Aussie who is now a cop in the UK. People keep asking him why he wanted to leave Australia and come and live here. His usual reply is 'because of the weather'!
Carolyn
Old May 3rd 2005, 12:23 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NAC
My friend is married to an Aussie who is now a cop in the UK. People keep asking him why he wanted to leave Australia and come and live here. His usual reply is 'because of the weather'!
Carolyn
I get asked that question too. I tell them that I am in love with a Scottish hen, and I'm stuck here untill that visa comes through. Oh yeah and I also have a big chain attached to my ankle so that I can't escape.
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:18 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I used to get asked if I was English when I travelled around the US as well.

Funny thing is that I still get asked the same question living here in Australia & they want to know how long I have lived here. My usual answer "All my life, Im an aussie" .
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:33 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy

Funny thing is that I still get asked the same question living here in Australia & they want to know how long I have lived here. My usual answer "All my life, Im an aussie" .
I got complemented on my English when i was last in the USA....by a woman who owned a Bloody bookshop after having just told her I was from Scotland!

Youve gotta laugh really hant you!
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:52 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy

I was asked by an American what language we spoke in the England!

The Mrs gets the same questions as you.