Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ausrock - what bands are you into ? aus band prefered...

ausrock - what bands are you into ? aus band prefered...

Old Mar 11th 2005, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ausrock - what bands are you into ? aus band prefered...

I've got a really close to home story about AC/DC, If i have enough beer tonight, I might spill the beans.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:11 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I've got a really close to home story about AC/DC, If i have enough beer tonight, I might spill the beans.
go for it......!!!!!!!
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:43 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Powderfinger
Grinspoon
Jet
Hoodoo Gurus
The Angels
Missy Higgins
Killing Heidi (saw them live at a pub here in Melbourne not long ago and they were awesome)
AC/DC (of course!)
Baby Animals
Men At Work
Eskimo Joe
John Butler Trio

And saving the best for last...

Midnight Oil. Got to see their penultimate gig on their 2002 tour before they annunced they were splitting up.

For live music in Melbourne keep a look out for a magazine called 'The Beat' it's free and can be found all over the place in record shops, cafe's, bars newsagents etc. They have a website at http://www.beat.com.au/
Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Re AC/DC, Quite a while ago, My wife and I were driving through, Southern NSW, around the albury region, Somewhere I dont go very often. My aussie born and bred wife pipes up, "I've stayed in that Motel over there" I said when, She Says "ages ago" So of course I say, "Who with" She Replied "AC/DC" Fair dinkum I nearly drove off the bloody road. She Definetly does not like Bon Scott, calls him an "arsehole" . And I havn't asked her any of the detail.

Not sure if i should have related that, but i asked the wife and she didn't mind.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 11:10 am
Dudette

ironmaiden is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: ausrock - what bands are you into ? aus band prefered...

Originally Posted by Amazulu
AC/DC are a UK band.
go figure....it would explain why ac/dc play the same way and use the same type of chords as Iron Maiden

ac/dc playin ngin australia this june/july
Iron maiden coming either this xmas or next year :scared: whoo hoo
ok, im in oz, and its late..gtg punching z's