Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Atlantic International

Atlantic International

Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Atlantic International

I know that shipping is a massive subject of conversation on here all the time so sorry for another thread on the subject but i need help. We have searched the forum, google and everywhere to find some feedback regarding Atlantic International and can't find anything. Has anyone used them at all?

We have quotes in from four companies and are not too sure who to go with.

thanks in advance
Vic's
Old Jun 20th 2008, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default Re: Atlantic International

Hi Vicky

We have used them, very good service so far, our container is due to dock next week so will let you know.

Nicky
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

We are about to use them I think- even though their quote was the highest by over £1000!! (the firm is paying so we went for quality) Also good are AngloPacific or John Masons (2klower!) so the choice is yours. Don't use Pickfords.
Caroline
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:46 am
Sun, Sea, Sand and.......

Starlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant future

we are hoping to get a quote off them too as we were recommended by someone to give them a try.

How much stuff are you taking for the price to be over £1000 pound more?

We are only taking washing machine, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and dryer and the usual small things such as crockery, cutley, towels and sheets etc. so no idea how much they would quote for that.. any ideas??

Starlite
Old Jun 20th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Starlite
we are hoping to get a quote off them too as we were recommended by someone to give them a try.

How much stuff are you taking for the price to be over £1000 pound more?

We are only taking washing machine, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and dryer and the usual small things such as crockery, cutley, towels and sheets etc. so no idea how much they would quote for that.. any ideas??

Starlite
Thanks for all the info, Ozzyfever i await your responce eagerly

Sorry starlite, can't estimate a price for you but what i can say is that we have been quoted by four firms, pss, anglo, atlantic and john mason's the highest is £4100 and the lowest 3600 all exclusive use of a 20ft container. We have based out quotes on taking the washer and dryer (we're not too sure whether to or not at the mo), hubby's snap on tool box and tools (he's a mechanic so you can imagine how much cr4p there is there), all his diving and caving gear apart from cylinders and the contents of a cluttered 3 bed house, we only have one double bed and double wardrobe coming with us though and we are leaving most of the white goods behind. All companies have said we will need a full container though. Try some of the online quotes that you can get for a rough estimate and then get a few round to advise you further. There are loads and loads of thread on here about shipping i've spent days and days reading them all. Hope this helps a little, even though i've got my quotes through i've still not made a decision
Old Jul 5th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Hi Vickys,

Well Atantic have been fine, they told me that our ship would arrive in Adelaide on 27 June and it did, our furniture is being delivered on Wednesday, the service from both sides has been really good.

Nicky
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Hi Vickys,

Well Atantic have been fine, they told me that our ship would arrive in Adelaide on 27 June and it did, our furniture is being delivered on Wednesday, the service from both sides has been really good.

Nicky
Excellent news for you Nicky, can you let me know if everything is in perfect condition when your delivery arrives?

thanks Vicky